H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Hummer Professional

HUM GOOD has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default found deisel water and gas in my tank

I stopped at a local mom and pop gas station and topped off my tank. 1 mile down the rode the truck died. Roadside delivered it to my dealer. They called fuelpump. 85,000 miles not a surprise to me. But when they began to drain the tank they found LOTS of water and a blue tint which they say is deisel.
they say:
needs tank
needs all new injecters
plus seal kits
etc.

am I safe to just have them flush out and put fresh gas in with some injecter cleaner and be on my way?

They claim the injecters are in danger of contamination.

I have a meeting set with the owner of the gas station tonight. I am going to have him pay for this or take him to court.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: found deisel water and gas in my tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUM GOOD
they say:
needs tank

Why on earth would you need a new tank?!?! That right there tells me they're trying to phuck you over.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Hummer Professional

Yes TXSUT - i agree

I just left the stealership - I am having them drain the system - put in the new fuel pump - fill the tank and move on...after picking it up I will add some additive to help get rid of any condesation left in the system.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road

Your dealer is just trying to get it right the first time (maximiseing his profit that is ) you should post the name of the dealer so others won't suffer the same rip off in the future . flush tank,new filter,new pump,fresh fuel 2 cans of Seafoam drive on. if the injectors are indeed bad you can change the later if needed ,but very doubtfull .
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRA51
Your dealer is just trying to get it right the first time (maximiseing his profit that is ) you should post the name of the dealer so others won't suffer the same rip off in the future . flush tank,new filter,new pump,fresh fuel 2 cans of Seafoam drive on. if the injectors are indeed bad you can change the later if needed ,but very doubtfull .

Dealership is Royal Cadillac/Hummer in Florham Park, NJ
They didn't push the issue, just said it was their suggestion, and it is their policy to completely inform their customers of any possibilities of long term damage.
My policy - "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT"

What is this SEAFOAM? Where can I purchase it? and what does it do?

Thanks for your help -IRA51
Old 08-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Hummer Expert

Florham park ,small world I lived in Morristown in the 70's and we used to go to Florham park to get Tacos at the only Jack in the box for 40 miles . any Nappa should have it and it will clean you fuel injectors and cumbustion chambers like nothing else .
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by IRA51 : 08-16-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Hummer Expert

SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT
Consumer Information

Solving Engine Problems Easily and Inexpensively!

See SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT technical information

Common Reasons Service Technicians Use SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT

When your vehicle has a rough idle, hesitates, stalls, pings or has an after run problem ? this is often due to carbon buildup.

Your service technician can offer a reasonably priced fuel systems cleaning with the use of SEA FOAM products to solve these carbon problems.

When your vehicle?s fuel injectors need cleaning ? this is often due to residue left on injectors from poor burning fuels and contaminants.

Your service technician can offer an inline fuel injection cleaning with the use of an injector cleaning machine and SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT. SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT is also added to the fuel to disperse moisture, clean fuel lines and injectors while driving.

When moisture needs to be removed from fuels or an anti gel or de-icer is needed ? these conditions are due to condensation in the fuel tank and extreme cold weather creating gas line freeze or diesel fuel gelling.

Your service technician can recommend the use of SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT in the fuel tanks to dry moisture and cure these problems.

When there is moisture detected in the oil ? this problem is due mostly to poor ventilation and condensation. Sometimes, however, there is a bad head gasket, cracked head or block that must be replaced.

Your service technician will diagnose the problem and recommend the repairs. As part of the diagnostics, a SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT can be used in the oil crankcase to cure the moisture problems. A SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT can also be used in the oil crankcase after repairs to make sure moisture is eliminated.

When valve lifter noise is apparent or piston rings seem to be sticking ? this is often due to dirty and gummed up oil passages, varnished lifters and buildup of gum, varnish and carbon in the piston ring areas.

Your service technician can offer a SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT that will clean sticky lifters and free sticky rings. By doing this treatment you will be able to determine if there is a varnish problem or a mechanical problem.

To help pass emissions tests ? high emission numbers are usually caused by extreme carbon build up, dirty emission control items such as: pcv valve, egr valve, oxygen sensors or bad spark plugs and wires.

Your service technician can provide a pre-emission test service that includes SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT as a cleaning agent to help pass emissions tests.

When fuel stabilization and engine fogging is needed ? fuels of today become stale in less than thirty days. Therefore, stabilization and engine fogging are needed when vehicles, lawnmowers, snow blowers, outboard motors, chainsaws, motorcycles, gas in cans and engines are put into storage.

Your service technician can provide fuel stabilization and engine fogging services with SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT.
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Hum Good,

Your getting good advice. Tell dealer thanks but, no thanks.

Sea Foam is great and there are some Lucas products that work well. If it was water only you needed to remove run a couple of bottles of HEET in a tank of fuel. I ususally do that in all vehicles twice during winter as condesation in tank is bad during winter. HEET is very inexpensive.

There are many fuel treatments for carbon etc. but, we have always run about a quart of kerosene or even diesel fuel in a full tank of gas every few tanks and they are some of the best carbon busters you can use. Learned that trick while in farming from all the old timers. One rule to remember is, it is OK to have a little diesel in your gas but, it is never Ok to have any gas in your diesel. Gas in diesel raises the the cumbustion rate creating severe detonation and will shoot a piston and rod through the bottom off the pan on a diesel rig.

Another thing i like to do is right before I change oil I put a full quart of kerosene in the oil pan and start engine letting it get to operating temp and if you want to keep a good clean engine, if you did this till 100,000 miles you would tear it down and every part would be shiny no sludge anywhere. There are places on every engine where sludge collects especially up i the heads.
Let engine idle only and do not put any load on motor letting it run for about 30 minutes after operating temp. is reached. I have actually used 2 quarts and drove the rig where there would be actual force pumping the oil getting the spray off effect but, then again i do many things i do not tell others to do. It is my money and my bad if something goes wrong. All the things i mentioned are things that i have seen old timers in the farming world do for as long as the 50 years i have been alive and could remember. So i recomene the safer stuff until you get a feel at it. i offer these tried and trued things only at eaach members own risk but, i do not shy from doing it and have donw it to every car and truck i have owned. Never had a motor go bad. Do not think I would use the motor treatments if your running synthetic oil as i will not.

Hum diesel in your gas I would not be concerned with as it is most likley helping you. diesel would only clean and lower combustion rate a little depending on how much is in the tank. Even if there is to much all it does is wet doen the spark plugs and kills the fire at the plug. So i do not think you have anything serious to worry about. I wish i was closer where i could see it for myself and i would give you a recommendation i would right it in stone. In farming we deaqlt with this stuff so much with fafrm hands always pulling up and filling tank with diesel even though by state code they are marked in huge red letters. I kept a lock on the gas tank though so that mistake could not be made on a small diesel $25,000 engine. It would be Ok until you dropped a 30' disk in the ground and the throttle was pushed wide open at 2500 rpm and about a minute later you would hear a whewwww sound if it only blew head gasket and you can imagine what you would hear if rods dropped and it always would be more than one.

Oh, well if anyone needs a good farm hand or ranch hand I can drive anything mechnaical and i can rope (with pratice again) ride hard, work cattle through the pins to doctor them with shots, dehorn, castrate the boys to make them steers hehehe, tag there ears, brand them, and many other things. I can be a fence rider stay in line shacks. In crop farming i can run the most up to date GPS guide tractors or combines. I would not mind doing that stuff again if pay was decent and fuel for my H2 was paid for and you were willing for us to build some kind of H2 monster I would be happy.

Oh. you could leave me in charge and all would be as good or better than when you left and your wife protected and not touched. I'm honest as the days are long and my hand shake means more than any piece of paper. All that is left when you die is your name and it is important to me that no one can associate anything bad with it and people will remember me for that reason than for all the things and money a man could have then never use it to help better others with.

OK off my soap box and finished my job application but, forgot to mention no matter what kind of company you got I can run it for you after a short time. I have run and do run well now others do for me, run several companies that have nothing to do with each other. I just been having an urge for new scenery and maybe new challenges with a reason to go there and do it. Maybe you just want to give me a position so i can do nothing but, think and design H2's with you etc. LOL

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 08-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Hummer Professional

Thanks all for you help. I feel much more comfortable with the decision I made.....hopefully I will be picking up the truck today.
I will get back to you with the outcome.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Hummer Professional

so I pick up the truck last night
$$$2500.00
New battery, new fuel pump, empty tank, dispose of 35 gallons of gas,
flush tank, clean injectors......they found 6 gallons of water(their best measurement) in 35 gallons of gas.

They left me on empty. I drove to a shell station filled it up with 93 and added 1 can of sea foam ( as per IRA51).... The first couple miles a had a misfire code come up several times......after about 5-10miles it stopped. It now is running perfect - if not better than I remember , and no codes since. Thanks IRA51.....sea foam is backing up what it says it does....good product!

I will be heading over to the gas station with $2500.00 inv from the dealership....with a sample of the drained gas......the dealership documented everything on the bill....including the cause: "contaiminated gas". Also the roadside service paper showing the location and time of the tow. I also have the reciept ofthe gas purchase showing type of gas, amount of gallons and time puurchased. One last thing is a police report documenting the incident at hand.

Hopefully this will be convincing enough to get me reimbursted.

If anyone has had simaliar incident, or comments please feel free. I know you guys aren't likely to voice your opion.......lol....yeah right
Old 08-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Hummer Expert

glad your up and running, if it happened to you others must have gotten bad gas there too . if they don't reenburse you for what it cost you should rat the station out to weights and measures in that state and let the local news paper know about it and ask them to run a article on the problem with a phone # so you and every one else who got screwed can get compensated.
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Hummer Professional

lennyrebel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I stopped at a local mom and pop gas station and topped off my tank. 1 mile down the rode the truck died. Roadside delivered it to my dealer. They called fuelpump. 85,000 miles not a surprise to me. But when they began to drain the tank they found LOTS of water and a blue tint which they say is deisel.
they say:
needs tank
needs all new injecters
plus seal kits
etc.

am I safe to just have them flush out and put fresh gas in with some injecter cleaner and be on my way?

They claim the injecters are in danger of contamination.

I have a meeting set with the owner of the gas station tonight. I am going to have him pay for this or take him to court.
Here in Canada where people don't whine if we find water we make Coffee we find blue tint we dye our clothes and we keep on going remembering that 80 % of our secondary roads are like off roading anyway
Old 08-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Hummer Expert

Here in the USA we want to get what we pay for and don't like getting screwed over.
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
glad your up and running, if it happened to you others must have gotten bad gas there too . if they don't reenburse you for what it cost you should rat the station out to weights and measures in that state and let the local news paper know about it and ask them to run a article on the problem with a phone # so you and every one else who got screwed can get compensated.

OH YES....I have that and other amo in my back pocket.....I don't think I'll need it....he's a stand up guy.....pretty confident he'll do the right thing.

or we persuade him until he does.....

Either way I'll post the outcome.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

fisherman is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: found deisel water and gas in my tank

I'm sorry, but if anyone has this happen, get a 6 foot line of hose, 5 gallons of gas and some sea foam. So all of you now I am not preaching, I stole gas from my to-be father in law and put 20 gallons of diesel in a 1974 corvette with a 454. I got about 1/2 mile from the farm when all hell broke loose. My soon to be brother in law helped me siphon out the diesel and got the gas and sea foam in. Granted, when getting on it, it smoked pretty heavy but after a couple of weeks, it run great. For you old guys, I paid $5,486.00 for the brand new sting ray in 1974. It seems that $2500 is stealing and they probably used the same method........Oh well, it is only money and I'm glad your off and running.
The "fisherman"
Old 08-22-2007, 03:44 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherman
I'm sorry, but if anyone has this happen, get a 6 foot line of hose, 5 gallons of gas and some sea foam. So all of you now I am not preaching, I stole gas from my to-be father in law and put 20 gallons of diesel in a 1974 corvette with a 454. I got about 1/2 mile from the farm when all hell broke loose. My soon to be brother in law helped me siphon out the diesel and got the gas and sea foam in. Granted, when getting on it, it smoked pretty heavy but after a couple of weeks, it run great. For you old guys, I paid $5,486.00 for the brand new sting ray in 1974. It seems that $2500 is stealing and they probably used the same method........Oh well, it is only money and I'm glad your off and running.
The "fisherman"

The deisel isn't what caused the problem - don't get me wrong - I GOT SHAFTED ON THE $2500 - it's okay to get diesel in a gas engine - BUT NEVER - EVER - get gas in a deisel engine, you'll be sending some pistons for a ride......
Old 08-22-2007, 05:09 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Here in the USA we want to get what we pay for and don't like getting screwed over.
THAT'S WHY YOUR KNOWN AS A COUNTRY OF WHINERS
Old 08-22-2007, 06:34 AM
Hummer Expert

TAKE A GOOD LOOK AROUND ,THESE WHINERS ARE IN CHARGE OF THE PLANET YOU LIVE ON . you may lay down and take it ,we don't .we don't whine we stand up and do something.right or wrong we speak up . calling us whiners isn't a very neighborly thing for a good neighbor to do,if it weren't for us you would be speaking German or Rusky.we have balls .and we let them swing .
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by IRA51 : 08-22-2007 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Hummer Professional

pteam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
flush tank, clean injectors......they found 6 gallons of water(their best measurement) in 35 gallons of gas.

Thats funny cause the h2 only holds 32 gallons...

So what happened with the gas station owner? Did you get your money?
Supercharged Viper 800 HP Special Edition #49 of 50
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
08 H2, 22 in rims, 6 HID lights, 20 in TV with DVD
4 H2 limos 3 have lighted dance floors + ceilings, 1 has Zebra interior 24-26 passengers
H2 Limo 26 pass lighted dance floor (sold)
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

FirstClassLimos.net - H2 limos and party buses in OH & PA

my car collection
Old 08-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Hummer Professional

Cool Re: found deisel water and gas in my tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM
Oh for f*cks sakes, don't give us Canadians who respect the USA and Americans a bad name. Quite honestly, you sound like the Tim Horton's crowd, you go there with your buddies talking about the propaganda you heard on Canadian media, and pretend we're the perfect country.

If it weren't for the USA, we'd be royally screwed, so go shove your fake Canadian pride. If you really loved Canada, you'd have enough sense to respect our neighbors to the south.

Sometimes I wish we were more like American's, not afraid to speak our minds and stand up for something we believe in. Problem is, it seems like we don't know what we believe in anymore. Besides Hockey...

So quit the damn nonsense, you'd be the first to cry to the USA if we ever needed help.

Long live USA and Canada
IF YOUR NOT AFRAID TO SPEAK YOUR MIND WHY ARE YOU S O BUSY PLAYING SUCKUP IN YOUR POST. I THINK YOUR A TYPICAL HOG TOWN FAKE LIVING OFF THE BACKS OF THE REST OF THE CANADIANS. tYPICAL HOGTOWN WELFARE BUM EXPOSED AGAIN