H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-01-2003, 05:47 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

last night I got out the instructions for the New Hypertech III for my H2.. It is a bit different than the ones I used on my of GM products.
It has an " Important Note" in side. The Hypertech will now find and clear codes..
Also when you program the transmission shift points. it is not a performance pre-tunes setting. You program the shift change by picking up 1-2 mph, 3-6 mph, 10-18 mph etc..

ALso I must remove fuse for ON-star.. Needless to say I just didn't jump in this am before work and program like the old units.. Will have to reread and wait till Sunday am when I have a couple hours off.

Will let you know how it turns out. Program H2 or put new bumper on 69 Chev. Oh well not enough time and so many toys.
taking a minute to hide from customers to check out the site.. They think I am looking up a price.

Mike
Mike
Old 11-01-2003, 05:47 PM

last night I got out the instructions for the New Hypertech III for my H2.. It is a bit different than the ones I used on my of GM products.
It has an " Important Note" in side. The Hypertech will now find and clear codes..
Also when you program the transmission shift points. it is not a performance pre-tunes setting. You program the shift change by picking up 1-2 mph, 3-6 mph, 10-18 mph etc..

ALso I must remove fuse for ON-star.. Needless to say I just didn't jump in this am before work and program like the old units.. Will have to reread and wait till Sunday am when I have a couple hours off.

Will let you know how it turns out. Program H2 or put new bumper on 69 Chev. Oh well not enough time and so many toys.
taking a minute to hide from customers to check out the site.. They think I am looking up a price.

Mike
Mike
Old 11-01-2003, 11:08 PM

demj1308 is off the scale

you stated you must remove onstar fuse, is that just for programming or is it necessary to disable the onstar while using a reprogrammed chip ??
Old 11-02-2003, 07:41 PM

Just hs to be removed fro reprograming. Apparantly ON star communicates with our vec. at different times on its own. So it could interupt the programing..

I'm not the type that believes in Government conspircy(sp) or Black Helicopters flying overhead reading our minds or UN weather machines.. But ut is a little disturbing that they access my vec. when they want rahter then when I choose.. INteresting isn't..No officer wasn't speeding.. Yes but we accessed your on starr account and the print out shows you did speed..

I may try that the next time I do a felony stop on a lo riding Caddy with 24" on it. " Man are you sure you don't have drugs in hear. Tell me the truth or we wil acces your on star account."

I hope to find time this week to use the programer. I ues my couple hours of free time today to play with my 69 PU.

Mike
Old 11-02-2003, 08:28 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

What other programmers have you looked at and what were the major features that led you to the Hypertech III?

H2 Black Lux, Air Suspension, AEM Intake, soon to be blacked out...
300ZX TT 500Hp, 10.5Sec completely Blacked out, Wolfe Sport 600 Turbo, Billet Aluminum FlyWheel, Carbon Claw RPS Turbo Clutch, Dual Pop Intake, HKS Intercoolers/Exhaust
Old 11-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Circuitguy

Big Brother is always over our shoulder.... BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
</a>
Old 11-02-2003, 10:41 PM

Honestly I did not look at any others, I'm not really into Mechanics.. Intimidating to me just a bit.. On my old 6( PU or (( SUb. no big deal .. just something about playing with a new vec.

I've had a Hypertech on the last 10 GM vec... ONe reason was the ease of install.. I did read about a few others, the longer I read the instructions the stupider I got.

The Hypertech for the H2 has little more to the install then all the others I've done. Now it will also find malfuntion codes and clear them..

I just wanted basic performance enhancement and the abilty to adjust for large tires if I should go with 37".. Not sure about them yet. I've read pro and cons on this forum about fit.

Mike
So far I've only added Wheels, SMA rear tire rack, Gobi roof rack and just the basic reds/blues and siren. I was hoping to add the new LED's from clifford mfg. but it has been over 6 months since I ordered. So i just canceled them ( a mistake I think as no onw else is makeing class III LED's with bult in flashers)