H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-24-2003, 10:26 PM

Batson34 is off the scale

My wife and I are finally finalizing our plans for a '04, H2 as they are just appearing on the dealer lots.

We have two young children and travel frequently to visit family (2 hours +). We are both convinced that a DVD player is the way to go.

What's out there and available for the H2?
What are your thoughts on fold down screen in the roof v. headrests?
I wouldn't mind the in-dash screen either but does that mangle your dash?
I'm confident headphone jack will be needed for the kids right?
Finally what do I need to budget for approximately for a DVD system?

Thanks to all in advance!
Old 09-24-2003, 10:26 PM

Batson34 is off the scale

My wife and I are finally finalizing our plans for a '04, H2 as they are just appearing on the dealer lots.

We have two young children and travel frequently to visit family (2 hours +). We are both convinced that a DVD player is the way to go.

What's out there and available for the H2?
What are your thoughts on fold down screen in the roof v. headrests?
I wouldn't mind the in-dash screen either but does that mangle your dash?
I'm confident headphone jack will be needed for the kids right?
Finally what do I need to budget for approximately for a DVD system?

Thanks to all in advance!
Old 09-24-2003, 11:04 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Hey there,

First, I would say that the headrest screens are the cleanest look, and to take it a step further I would go with the vizualogic ones that come already built into factory headrests.
I also have an indash flip up unit, it doesn't mangle the dash, you just need to consider din size and extra pocket locations, or additional accessories.
No headphone jacks are needed per say, you can do wireless headphones, and you can have them with separate channels for separate sources, such as dvd, playstation, tv tuner, etc.
Price is a tough one to answer, but you can spend from at least $1,500 for minimal to a lot higher than that. I have in dash, dvd nav, tv tuner, xm sat, two head rest monitors, two wireless headphones and modules to keep my steering wheel controls and onstar, and that ran about $6000, retail. Wheeling and dealing can get it under $5,000.
If you have any other questions feel free to email me.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker bezels, and chrome MC2 factory style wheels .
2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 09-24-2003, 11:44 PM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

I have the 7" screens in the headrests with Wireless headphones. The roof mounted screens are visible and cannot be hidden. The headrest units I have are made by Myron and Davis. The new headrests are made from full leather that matches my interior and they also have available covers to match so they are invisible to the pearing eye. I placed my DVD under the back seat. I bought it all for $990. and installed it myself.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:01 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

The PS2 with attached screen will substitute until I install the full Entertainment Package.

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!
Old 09-25-2003, 12:14 PM

mpetrich is off the scale

I have been doing a lot of research in this area lately. It seems that an in-dash DVD head unit (the one I think I am going to purchase is the Kenwood 911) is the best way to go. This could include satellite radio, DVD, surround sound, TV tuner, MP3 player and pretty much anything else you can think of. I am also going to add the Visualogic headrest monitors and a connection for video games. Lastly, add a sub for better bass response (this will require an additional amp) and a center channel speaker (this could go right above the new headunit) but I think I am going to leave (at least for now) the Bose speakers.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:25 AM

demj1308 is off the scale

Batson34, Iv been going through this for a while, the overheads are easy but between the overhead screen and the rear outside tire you might as well take down your rear view mirror, i went with the new audiovox headrest monitors they come alreadty in headrest like the vizualogic, but the kit come with the rf modulator, and wireless headphones, with the headphone transmitter built into the screen. I have installed a ps2 and a dvd player with tuner under the rear seat, this allows 2 seperate dvd,s or a dvd and ps2, or any combination along with tv channels. The headphones are 2 channels allowing each headrest monitor to transmit its own audio to the respective headrest. You can get some cheaper headrest sets but from what i have seen only the vizualogic and audiovox units have the wiring ran inside the chrome headrest tubes, so its not visible. I also installed a 7" monitor in the middle compartment of the overhead console. Im able to buy everything at wholesale and approx cost was $1400.