H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 03-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Hummer Novice

JayH is off the scale

Just added a newly releashed Proflash programmer upgrade yesterday and am extremely pleased with the results. Shift points are much improved, acceleration better and downshifting at highway speeds much better. I had a fellow H2 owner drive mine and we ordered his upgrade this morning. The unit is very easy to use and tech support is just a call away. I would recommend this to all H2 owners. Jay
Old 03-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Hummer Novice

JayH is off the scale

Just added a newly releashed Proflash programmer upgrade yesterday and am extremely pleased with the results. Shift points are much improved, acceleration better and downshifting at highway speeds much better. I had a fellow H2 owner drive mine and we ordered his upgrade this morning. The unit is very easy to use and tech support is just a call away. I would recommend this to all H2 owners. Jay
Old 03-05-2003, 07:12 PM

tgue is off the scale

IS XTEREME FLOW FLOW THE ONE YOU PURCHASED
Old 03-05-2003, 09:23 PM
Hummer Novice

JayH is off the scale

It is a ProFlash. It is available from Jeremie at 501-945-0354. Part number is 200335/ specifically for the H2. Jay
Old 03-06-2003, 12:11 AM
Tucson Beast

I must tell you guys that I am very new to engine talk - what does this computer upgrade do for HP and MPG? - How much is it? How is it installed? Pictures? Is there worth and in what manner?
Old 03-06-2003, 01:26 PM
Hummer Novice

JayH is off the scale

The Proflash programmer plugs into the computer port on the left side lower dash area/driver's side. The programmer allows you to select different fuel octanes, shift points and ratios for economy, towing or performance driving, timing settings and general performance settings. You can set the computer to be more fuel efficient or provide more torque and horsepower. My intial impressions are very good. I notice firmer shifting, increased throttle response, and improved overall performance. I pull a 30ft. SUT trailer and needed more torque than the vortec was providing. I am anxious to test the upgrade when I pull the trailer once our weather warms up and I can get out my bikes. The unit cost is around 400.00 and is very easy to use. The programmer saves all the stock info and you can reload it any time you need to return your H2 to your dealer for service. It takes about 5 minutes to do the install once you are familiar with the procedure. I am more pleased with the results every day. If you have any more questions you can e-mail me directly at jayh@mobile-e-service.com. I do not sell this unit, I am just a satisfied customer and feel that H2 owners could benefit from this simple to install system. Jay
Old 03-07-2003, 06:27 PM

Mango is off the scale

So far I have made 3 performance mods to my H2. First came the Breathless Performance air intake kit. Next, Corsa exhaust. Now I have added the Proflash tuning. Wow, what a difference. For the money, I think a high efficiency air intake kit and computer tuning make the most difference. The Corsa exhaust sounds great, but I can't say it changed by fuel economy or performance much at all. I am still considering a ported throttle body and headers, but at this point I'm not sure they are worth the trouble and expense since my H2 is running so well now.

Mango -- Saltwater Flyfisherman, Photographer, Varmint Hunter -- Fort Worth, Tx

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Old 03-07-2003, 06:52 PM

buddy is off the scale

It's good to hear so many positives on the new ProFlash programmer. I've used other brands on other vehicles without much improvement. Glad to see the H2 will respond. It's going on my list.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:10 PM

Mango is off the scale

There are three things I like about the Proflash as compared to computer tuning done by Breathless (or others).

1. Multiple configurations (can choose 3 diff octane settings for example)

2. Reversible (can restore factory settings if desired)

3. Don't have to send computer unit off to Florida

There may be some advantage to computer tuning done on a dyno specifically for your rig, but the improvement I've obtained with this "off the shelf" product along with the other advantages is good enough for me.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Old 03-10-2003, 11:29 AM

AcidNastyH2 is off the scale

Is there a website that has the full specs on the ProFlash?
Also, any wierd effects if you switch in to "tow" mode if you have used the ProFlash to already setup a performance mode?

Mango, with the air intake kit, did you get the induction towers as well, or just the base kit? Trying to decide if the induction towers are worth the extra $$
Thanks
Old 03-10-2003, 12:47 PM

Mango is off the scale

AcidNastyH2, I got the induction towers also. If I were to do it again, I think I would get the filter kit only. Can't say that I think the towers make much difference, and installing them and making them functional involves removing some metal under the right tower with a dremel tool. Lotta work, extra expense, uncertain benefit, IMHO.

As far as weird effects, none so far. Probably what you would end up doing with the tuning is setting it on towing or performance and leaving it there. You could ask the manufacturer if there is some downside to towing in performance mode. Switching back and forth is not supposed to be a problem though.

Here's the website:http://www.streetandperformanceelect...h/proflash.htm

Old 03-10-2003, 04:53 PM

AcidNastyH2 is off the scale

Thanks, ordered the Breathless Air intake kit today (without towers).
Next will be the ProFlash...
Tom
Old 03-23-2004, 02:19 AM
Hummer Expert

OldHiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Just purchased the Proflash. What settings are you using?
Old 03-23-2004, 07:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Best price I found on the S&P Pro-Flash... $328.99 w/free shipping. I love it but have yet to try the tow/haul or economy tunes. Here's the link.
http://wheelskin.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code= SPE-200335

Oldhiker, I'm using 87 octane, unlimited speed, no spedo calibration, high perf tune, and high perf settings on the 2 tranny selections. Note that S&P recommends that the tranny settings must match the engine tune. so if you select high perf for tthe engine tune, you should use the same selection for the transmission as well.
Yellow 03 Adventure w/black Grill, UM8 Touch Screen Navigation Radio, U2K XM Digital Radio, Remote 6-CD Changer, JBA Titanium Headers, Corsa Off-Road Sport, Airaid Filter & MIT, Nology Wires & Plugs, S&P Pro-Flash, Warn 9.5ti w/X-Line, Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

Navigator is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bevo:
Best price I found on the S&P Pro-Flash... $328.99 w/free shipping. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same company sells it $15-$20 cheaper on ebay
Found it after I ordered it off their website

Mods & Pics

Old 03-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I just bought the Predator because of its data montitoring abilities. Got it new on Ebay for $315.00 shipped. The programmers disable the torque management and hold the gears a little longer. Shifts are quicker and firmer. The truck doesn't die when it shifts into second anymore because it is in a better spot on the powerband. The Proflash does the same thing.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Nav,
Sorry... didn't check Ebay. I've never used the site (afraid of people posing as legit w/good stuff when they really aren't) The buy it now price of $295.99 plus the $15.00 shipping charge would net out at $310.99, $18 more than I paid. Looks like we both could have saved a few bucks. I guess the old "caveat emptor" adage still holds true
Yellow 03 Adventure w/black Grill, UM8 Touch Screen Navigation Radio, U2K XM Digital Radio, Remote 6-CD Changer, JBA Titanium Headers, Corsa Off-Road Sport, Airaid Filter & MIT, Nology Wires & Plugs, S&P Pro-Flash, Warn 9.5ti w/X-Line, Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

Navigator is off the scale

It dont bother me that i paid $18 more. It just bothers me that the same place sells it cheaper there.

Mods & Pics

Old 08-21-2004, 03:14 PM

demj1308 is off the scale

Sorry to dig up and old thread, but i just programmed my truck with the proflash with everything set to economy, on my way to work on the highway on flat ground the tranny was shifting up and down so much the transmission hot indicator came on, anyone with any ideas on this ?