H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 10-28-2003, 01:32 AM

GOT DIRT? is off the scale

I want to get feedback from all who have changed their air boxes. I am interested in changing mine and want to hear about what some of you have done and how happy are you with your choice. Thanks for info
Old 10-28-2003, 01:32 AM

I want to get feedback from all who have changed their air boxes. I am interested in changing mine and want to hear about what some of you have done and how happy are you with your choice. Thanks for info
Old 10-28-2003, 03:01 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Got Dirt?:
Not enough replies the first time? http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=564608435 4

Here's a couple of threads if you do not get much action this time: http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=529606131 4 and http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=185607934 3

Hope I helped.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 10-28-2003, 03:09 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

I have the Air Force One intake that I got from GStyle4U, and it looks really nice under the hood, but I am not sure how much difference it has made in the performance or mpg department. It is truely minimal. If I had known this before purchasing, I may have opted to spend the money on something else.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker bezels, and chrome MC2 factory style wheels, Flowmaster exhaust, AirForce One Intake.
2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 10-30-2003, 04:58 PM

demj1308 is off the scale

Im looking to change just the filter to keep the factory airbox for water reasons, who is making a replacment filter ?, is air-raid the only ones ?
Old 10-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the Air-Raid and it works well. It was easy to modify for the supercharger.

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Polished Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics

www.4swimwear.com
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:50 PM
Hummer Messiah

Bill,
I put the AirRaid on also, but maybe you can help. I cannot get the thing to seal properly. It continues to sound like a whistle. I did not hear this with an open element on a turbo car. I am definately sucking air past the filter. Yes, the clamps are all tight.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 10-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I have the Airaid in the stock box. I looked for others (mainly K&N) but didn't find any other high flow filters for the H2.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:56 PM
Hummer Messiah

Thanks PARAGON, I will check that out over the weekend

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 10-31-2003, 12:07 AM

Centerfire is off the scale

I have the AIr raid system.. Works fine.. just a bit added noise when I wind the H2 up. Off road dirt.. Can't help you the only off road mine sees is when I cross interstates with Lights and sirens..

Not sure aboutr mileage increase.. I put the gobi roof rack on the following week. I can say that I'm still at 10.4 before and after.

Mike
Old 10-31-2003, 02:07 AM

I got the airaid filter and the airaid tube to connect the stock airbox to the intake. My theory is if i want it to work like an airaid box i will leave the top of the stock box off and if i am going off road i will put the cover back on and still have a better filter and a better flowing tube into the engine. The filter and tube can be bought at this web sight for $217.
http://www.macromotive.com/shopping/...ag=2.2.3.0.0.0
Old 10-31-2003, 09:39 AM

MisterEd is off the scale

K & N is now making a filter for the H2. Part number is 63-1062. Got notice from K & N back in September that it was now out to retailers.......
Old 10-31-2003, 04:04 PM
Hummer Professional

I don't have any whistling but it certainly does make more noise like the typical deep sucking sound. I will try and post a pick of mine.

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Polished Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow.

www.4swimwear.com
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2003, 04:38 PM
Circuitguy

H2 Bill,

That looks so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
</a>
Old 11-01-2003, 08:25 PM
Hummer Messiah

Hey Bill,
Here's one with a Magna Charger.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Hummer Messiah

Hey Bill,
Here's one with at Magna SC

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 11-03-2003, 03:46 AM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

Dirt

I ordered the filter and tube like you did. I have already added the Corsa Exhaust and Gibson Headers. I know a Hummer mechanic at the dealership and he said "in order to get the benefit of the exhaust upgrades, you have to add the intake upgrades". This will get more air flowing throught the engine, which will make more power. The next addition will probably be a programer.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Hummer Professional

Hey Ken, looks good!

www.4swimwear.com
Old 11-04-2003, 10:23 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

I put in an AEM brute force intake, 20 min install, 3 bolts, 3 hose clamps and 2 beers.
the intake tube is much larger than stock, didn't measure but I think it looks close to 65.5 inch Dia. gives a very deep throughty (spelling?) sound, when you are on it,friend says it makes it sound like a Vette, but reasonabily quite when cruising.
I felt like it made a difference in accel (hard to tell, my butt is not that well calibrated, but the mileage to and from work seemed to have gone up about 1.5 MPG or so. (I drive the entire length of the 605 every day ~38 miles each way)

I like the looks of the Air raid air box, I will try to take a picture or go to http://www.aempower.com/truck/product_intake.asp

H2 Black Lux, Air Suspension, AEM Intake, soon to be blacked out...
Black 02 Fatboy
300ZX TT 500Hp, 10.5Sec completely Blacked out, Wolfe Sport 600 Turbo, Billet Aluminum FlyWheel, Carbon Claw RPS Turbo Clutch, Dual Pop Intake, HKS Intercoolers/Exhaust