H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-18-2005, 12:38 PM

Surferjo is off the scale

I was looking under the hood at the dealer the other day and the stock air box looked ok. The design didn't seem like it would cause too much air restriction.

Anybody put in an aftermarket intake yet? And if so did you notice any difference in power?

I did one on my 04 Wrangler with a TBS and other than a nice growley sound in the upper end of 2nd gear, I really didn't notice anything. But than again the Airbox in the 6cyl is wide open.

thanks
Old 10-18-2005, 12:38 PM

I was looking under the hood at the dealer the other day and the stock air box looked ok. The design didn't seem like it would cause too much air restriction.

Anybody put in an aftermarket intake yet? And if so did you notice any difference in power?

I did one on my 04 Wrangler with a TBS and other than a nice growley sound in the upper end of 2nd gear, I really didn't notice anything. But than again the Airbox in the 6cyl is wide open.

thanks
Old 10-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Surferjo:

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You talking about this Joe.

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/6171088141
Old 10-18-2005, 06:31 PM

boulderhummer is off the scale

i put the k&n air kit model 63-1095. had nothing but problems with it. my vehicle seems to not recognize the increase in air flow. can't seem to get my engine light to go off. placed half a dozen calls to k&n and no fix yet. theres a few guys on here that have this same kit on the h3 and no problems. only answer i get is that my "particular" truck's computer wont recognize the air flow.. i did notice that the truck is little more responsive, thats about it. i think its a good idea ,engine will run more efficiant..i'm waiting for the magnaflow exhaust..so i think both may boost this hog a bit.
good luck
Old 10-18-2005, 06:32 PM

Yup. That's what I'm talking about.

That link brought me to the photos. Is there a thread I should be reading?
Old 10-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by boulderhummer:
i put the k&n air kit model 63-1095. had nothing but problems with it. my vehicle seems to not recognize the increase in air flow. can't seem to get my engine light to go off. placed half a dozen calls to k&n and no fix yet. theres a few guys on here that have this same kit on the h3 and no problems. only answer i get is that my "particular" truck's computer wont recognize the air flow.. i did notice that the truck is little more responsive, thats about it. i think its a good idea ,engine will run more efficiant..i'm waiting for the magnaflow exhaust..so i think both may boost this hog a bit.
good luck </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was wondering if you tried to reset the H3 computer at all.They say to disco the battery and wait 15 minutes.I have about 100 miles since I installed mine and no light yet knock on wood.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Surferjo:
Yup. That's what I'm talking about.

That link brought me to the photos. Is there a thread I should be reading? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Joe, all I can say to you is that I can tell the difference since I installed both the K&N and SMA exhaust.I am not a mechanic by any means,but I can tell there is more giddy up with these items.I am more than happy with the added exspense.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:15 AM

yes first, tried disconnecting,,,k n recommended disconnecting for at least 2 hours..my 4th phone call to them they said diconnect overnight...i just want my truck right ya know, its brand new,,thats good that yours its fine,,i don't understand why others can be fine and my insn't.....
take care
bret
Old 10-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by boulderhummer:
yes first, tried disconnecting,,,k n recommended disconnecting for at least 2 hours..my 4th phone call to them they said diconnect overnight...i just want my truck right ya know, its brand new,,thats good that yours its fine,,i don't understand why others can be fine and my insn't.....
take care
bret </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree Bret it is strange that you are having problems with the same item.I am not trying to be smart about mine working and yours not.Here is an idea,maybe you could put everything back to stock and see if light goes out.Then reinstall the K&N.Just a thought dude.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:07 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone just put in a k&n filterpart # E-0773 mines on order should have it soon

H3 gray aventure ,sunroof, steps ,roof rack ,smokers package ,window vents, sunroof visor, hard spare tire cover, h3 valve caps ,and mudflaps 2,600+ miles
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:25 PM

funny you say that first,,exactly what i did, and sure enough no problem...i'll be putting the k n back on tommorow,,,
thanks for your thoughts,,,,
i'll post with results
Old 10-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Hummer Expert

funny you say that first,,exactly what i did, and sure enough no problem...i'll be putting the k n back on tommorow,,,
thanks for your thoughts,,,,
i'll post with results </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats scary dude,hope things work out.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:57 PM

Gun Oil is off the scale

Saw this on another Forum.....looks interesting.

Hummer H3 Cold Air
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2005, 04:20 AM

hummerdonthurtem is off the scale

Yes, I just installed the K&N replacement E-0773 only and there is a noticeable improvement in engine responsiveness. Definitely worth the $40. The K&N is slightly shorter than the stock filter and the clamp is a nice touch. The stock filter seems to be blocking airflow since it is so long. Also the fit of the stock filter is not very secure.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I should have my k&n filter next week nobody stocks it.Pep boys has $10.00 discount with coupon till the end of month it should be in the circular that comes with sundays paper.They usually have the circular in store also.

H3 gray aventure ,sunroof, steps ,roof rack ,smokers package ,window vents, sunroof visor, hard spare tire cover, h3 valve caps ,and mudflaps 2,600+ miles
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

WhiteH3 is off the scale

Previously posted with pics, dyno charts, etc.
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/4871031121/m/7...751044831#7751044831