H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > H1 Classifieds

Old 04-15-2006, 12:04 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Bought a pair of mirrors from Jon for my H2 for 200 bucks. (though I could have bought set for 100 on ebay)

When I received the mirrors, the driver's side jiggled just like the present one I have now. I didn't say anything.

The chrome on the outside of the mirror was trashed/scratched beyond use. Again, I didn't say anything because I could take the chrome off my present mirror.

However, when I tried the mirror and it didn't fold in, now I said something. I asked what we could do and we came up with an agreement that he would refund 100 dollars.

He said things were tight and he couldn't afford to do anything for a few days. That was on Feb. 4th.

Posted 02-04-06 03:35 PM
Mark that is fair, however again I am not quite as finacially stable as before, of course $100 bucks wont bankrupt me, but I will need a few days to make it happen. Is that ok? Again I am very sorry for the incovenience.

-Jon

Obviously, it's now over 2 1/2 months later and not only has he not done what he said he would, he won't even respond to my PM's.

So, I suggest if you buy anything from him... wait until you receive the parts first.

I know it's only a 100 bucks but it's the principle. If he had said no in the first place, I would have just dropped it.

Mark
Old 04-15-2006, 02:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

RonB is off the scale

sorry you had issues with your purchase/refund from John. I don't know him well, but have wheeled with him several times as well as purchased some items from him and I've always been happy. In my experience he's a stand up guy and I've seen him go well out of his way to help others.

Hopefully these issues can be resolved asap.

Ron B
Old 04-15-2006, 02:36 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Ron,

I appreciate the comment. I didn't have a problem with him, he was courteous and did send the parts. I don't believe he purposely sent me a defective part BUT once he found out and agreed to an agreement, he should have done what he said he was going to do.

I'm not perfect by any means but if I tell you I'm going to do something, I keep my word. I don't care about the money, he simply could have had the courtesy to respond when I sent him a PM. I told him I understood that money was tight but I shouldn't have to wait 2 months.

Mark
Old 04-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

JnStitz is off the scale

Mark-

Last time we talked was in Feb, forgive me but I forgot about the deal completly. That week was the week I started EMT-P training and a few other classes which have been my primary focus.

Anyways, I am expecting some money to come through to my PP later today or tomorrow, I'll send you payment as soon as I get it.

Again I am sorry I forgot, you had my cell though, you should have just called me.

And one other thing, I had no idea they had any problems like that, they didn't look scratched at all here, and I obviously had no way of knowing about the rattle...I got these when a guy scammed me out of $400 when I was "buying newstyle h1 mirrors."

-Jon
Old 04-16-2006, 06:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

JnStitz is off the scale

Money sent, please confirm that you got it.

-Jon