H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > General Hummer Talk > Local Events and Activities

Old 04-29-2010, 01:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

hmcoleap is on a distinguished road
Default Northeast HUMMER Event, Maine: 6/25-6/27

Hi all,

I have been working on setting up an event in the Northeast for the weekend of June 25-27; it will take place at Sunday River Resort in Bethel, Maine.

http://www.sundayriver.com/EventsAct...ies/index.html

Please post a Reply here if you are interested in attending...

There WILL be some costs associated with the event because it will be hosted at one of the Sunday River Resorts; food, beverages and trail fees will be included in the cost. The overall cost per person will depend on total numbers for participants... more details to come.

This is a HUMMER-focused event, but a HUMMER is not required -- bring the Rover or the JK!
The event will include one full day on the trails, but we want to make it so people have time to enjoy other activities in the area as well... lifts will be running for mountain biking, there is golf, horseback riding, spas, shopping, indoor and outdoor heated pools -- bring the whole family. For those of you from farther away, this is a great place to take a New England vacation.

If you have questions, email me at manny@serious4x4.com

-----------------------

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

manny(at)serious4x4.com
http://www.serious4x4.com
Old 05-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

Default Re: Northeast HUMMER Event, Maine: 6/25-6/27

Estimated ballpark costs for the Sunday River event below:

Drive Core cost for 6/26-6/27: $195 per Truck + 1 Driver. Includes Saturday breakfast, box lunch, Trail fees, Dinner, and 1 room on Saturday night at the Summit Resort (2 queen beds, up to 4 guests per room). Also includes Sunday morning group breakfast.

Guest Cost: Guests $75 each; this includes Saturday breakfast, box lunch, passenger trail fee, dinner, and Sunday morning breakfast. Up to 3 guests can stay in the room purchased under the Driver Core fee above.

Additional Rooms: Additional rooms can be purchased for Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights, (or more) at the special rate of $99 including tax and all fees, for up to 4 people per room, as long as they are booked through the event.

Activities: Golf, Canoeing, Flyfishing, Mountain Biking, Paintball, Shopping -- on Sunday there will be time to enjoy a number of additional activities at or near the resort -- these will be available at discounted pricing and/or no charge (varies by activity and number of interested people - more details to come on this)

In short, if a couple comes to the event, the core cost would be $195 (driver + truck), 1 guest at $75 = $270 for two adults including room and board, all meals on Saturday, plus breakfast on Sunday, and all trail fees. Add $75 per person for up to two more guests... after that, you will probably need to pay for an additional room for the next 4 guests, etc.

There will also be cash bars available Friday and Saturday night. The fees also cover our group set-up fees, etc.
If you do the math, this a tremendous value at a quality resort, and I am still working on some vendors/sponsors to try to bring even more value to the event for participants. If you know of a potential sponsor who might contribute some value to this event for our members, let me know and I will contact them!

I am also working with the staff to potentially upgrade the Saturday night dinner to include driving up the mountain to the peak for an upgraded dinner/bar.

$99 per night (including all taxes and fees) for additional nights is a STEAL for those of you who want to stay longer -- as long as they are consecutive nights before or after the Saturday night that is in the core event fees, they will honor that rate.

These are estimated costs, and are subject to change, but I hope that answers some initial questions -- let me know if you need specific details. Some of the details will depend upon our sign up numbers -- more info on that soon to follow.

Thanks for your patience everyone - it is happening, slowly but surely
Post here if you are in! As always, feel free to email me with questions, etc.

-Manny

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
manny(at)serious4x4.com

-----------------------

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

manny(at)serious4x4.com
Old 05-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks for your patience everyone... good news all around as this has progressed:

1) Pricing is stabilizing at around ~$190 for one adult driver, including overnight stay Saturday, breakfast, box lunch and dinner on Saturday, breakfast Sunday, plus all related activities at the resort. One of those activities is a drive UP the ski trails to the summit of the mountain for photo-ops and checking out the view. To add a second adult, third or fourth adult staying in the same room will be an extra $~80 per person; that will include everything above, except an additional room. We are still working on pricing for children as add-ons (to make it lower, of course). These payments will all be made directly when you book a room at the resort; you will make meal choices, add additional nights if you choose (at $99 per night including all fees/taxes).

For example, a couple could bring a truck to this event and pay ~$270 for two people at the resort (1 night stay, all meals listed, drive up the mountain) + $25 trail fee to go out on the trails on Saturday = $295 for both people for the whole event. if they want to come in on Friday night (this is what I am doing) it will be an additional $99.

2) There will be an additional $25 charge per vehicle for the trail rides; this is to pay for the services of the trail guides who are getting us the access to the trails, which are all on private property. This fee will be collected at the mountain separately from the fees above.

3) I am told I will have a contract in hand before the end of this week; hopefully we will have a phone number for booking your space at the event early next week.

4) We had been planning to try to get permission to drive up the mountain to eat at the summit for dinner; after looking at the costs and potential liabilities of that (dinner + drinks before driving DOWN the mountain) we have decided to make the drive up, take some pictures and enjoy the view, then drive back down and park, THEN do dinner and drinks. I think this will be the best approach for everyone -- you know, all the fun, none of the death

Soo---- just wanted to get everyone an update, and let you know things are looking good, and everything is coming together.... As always, feel free to email me directly with questions!

manny(at)serious4x4.com

-----------------------

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

manny(at)serious4x4.com
Old 05-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

Registration is open!

http://www.nehog.org/SR-RegForm-2010.pdf

-----------------------

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

manny(at)serious4x4.com
Old 06-09-2010, 03:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

Still a little time left to register -- it requires mailing or faxing in a form, so don't wait much longer!

http://www.nehog.org/SR-RegForm-2010.pdf

-----------------------

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

manny(at)serious4x4.com