H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 10-31-2005, 10:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jake is off the scale

I found a pioneer in dash navigation system I'd like to get.......it is a double din will this fit???? if not what size fits??
Old 10-31-2005, 10:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jake is off the scale

I found a pioneer in dash navigation system I'd like to get.......it is a double din will this fit???? if not what size fits??
Old 11-01-2005, 12:24 AM

Laxin2123 is off the scale

A double din will fit The factory HU is that size. If you can post some pics of ur install or details on problems. I am about to install either my kenwood kvt-915 or the ddx8017 havent decided. Good luck
Old 11-01-2005, 01:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

Jake is off the scale

well i haven't got my h3 yet, but i'm plannin on puttin a nav in it as soon as i do......i was looking at the pioneer avic-d1.....but i heard you could'nt program it to play dvds will your moving......is this true?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:39 PM

Game Over is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake:
well i haven't got my h3 yet, but i'm plannin on puttin a nav in it as soon as i do......i was looking at the pioneer avic-d1.....but i heard you could'nt program it to play dvds will your moving......is this true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>so they say
Old 11-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

YellowH3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Game Over:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake:
well i haven't got my h3 yet, but i'm plannin on puttin a nav in it as soon as i do......i was looking at the pioneer avic-d1.....but i heard you could'nt program it to play dvds will your moving......is this true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>so they say </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Correct! The AVIC-D1 does not play DVD movies at all, without a seperate DVD player. The "DVD" player in the unit is used for "DVD" based navigation discs only. The AVIC-N2 will play DVD movies, but not while the vehicle is in motion. It uses the gyro and the speed sensor in the nav to tell when you are moving.
2006 H3 Adventure, Competition Yellow, Ebony int., Monsoon, XM, HID\'s, Custom Off-Road Grill Lights, Gravel filled floor mats, Mud packed undercarrige, Dust covered dash, Airbag light ON, DVD, 2 Flip Downs, Headrests, Rear Camera, Front Camera

Old 11-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jake is off the scale

what systems should i look at it doesn't have to play dvds cause i plan on hooking my xbox to it, but something similar to the avic-d1
Old 11-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone had a good fitment on either of those yet? that's my only hangup about throwing in an aftermarket NAV. i don't want to have some ugly plastic frame around it that doesn't match or looks like it was thrown in to hide a hole. ANYONE?
Old 11-04-2005, 02:48 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Either of those can easily be mounted and trimmed out in the H3 dash. You may also want to look at the Eclipse nav units. The double din units are very close to fitting, and only need about a 1/4" trim ring around them to finsh them out.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 11-04-2005, 04:39 AM

Game Over is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
Has anyone had a good fitment on either of those yet? that's my only hangup about throwing in an aftermarket NAV. i don't want to have some ugly plastic frame around it that doesn't match or looks like it was thrown in to hide a hole. ANYONE? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>u may have to get 2 dif kits..kit that takes 2 DIN units then remove the partition for your trim..and a METRA 99-3304 or A.I. GM-K394 to hold it in place...it's what I did except for the partition removal...

Pac Modules Needed:
- PAC OS-2
- PAC CM1
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Just used a new Best kit today ---gmk422 and it's a really nice design! It has the double din brackets and a nice trim ring. you will need to cut out the center divider as game over mentioned but that took all of 5 seconds.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 11-05-2005, 01:10 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kodiakz:
Just used a new Best kit today ---gmk422 and it's a really nice design! It has the double din brackets and a nice trim ring. you will need to cut out the center divider as game over mentioned but that took all of 5 seconds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got pics?
Old 11-05-2005, 02:52 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

It was a customers vehicle. But I do have to go back next week and add a module for him so I will try to remember to get some pics for you.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:05 AM

Laxin2123 is off the scale

Has anyone seen/done a single din HU with a center channel installed underneath that unit??
Old 11-08-2005, 04:23 PM

h3\'er is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YellowH3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Game Over:
well i haven't got my h3 yet, but i'm plannin on puttin a nav in it as soon as i do......i was looking at the pioneer avic-d1.....but i heard you could'nt program it to play dvds will your moving......is this true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>so they say </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Correct! The AVIC-D1 does not play DVD movies at all, without a seperate DVD player. The "DVD" player in the unit is used for "DVD" based navigation discs only. The AVIC-N2 will play DVD movies, but not while the vehicle is in motion. It uses the gyro and the speed sensor in the nav to tell when you are moving. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Minor correction N2 will play DVD's while driving but will blank out front display. You can add either drop down or headrest monitors to the system and your video will play on those
Old 11-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

Waxing is off the scale

Yellow H3 or anyone else, Can you tell me for Sure if the Eclipse AVN5435 navigation system plays DVD'S. I only found one review. It said you can't make re route changes while watching a DVD. I wanted some input good or bad on the system before I buy it. So far I found the AVIC-D1 dosen't play DVD. AVIC-N1 and AVIC-N2 are flip screens. Rather not have a flip. Any other suggestions.