H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 08-23-2005, 07:24 PM

H3CAN is off the scale

Hi,

I had my dealer install the original GM Gas cap, but he did a @@#@ job , the fit from top is not tight.

How easy is it to pull it out and re-install it ?

Any pins I need to worry about.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:24 PM

H3CAN is off the scale

Hi,

I had my dealer install the original GM Gas cap, but he did a @@#@ job , the fit from top is not tight.

How easy is it to pull it out and re-install it ?

Any pins I need to worry about.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:33 PM

H3Lady is off the scale

The pins on the unit are really a one time deal.

If you pull with the door open from the inside lip, evenly, you might free it. The unit needs to be installed evenly all around. You will hear a click when the pins lock. I bet the top pin is not locked. You need an allen wrench to hold the inside locking nut while pushing on the unit. There is trick to installing it. The direction will help you understand what has to be done.

I WILL TRY.. to post the instruction as by GM somewhere in the forum....I will try..
Old 08-24-2005, 11:01 AM

H3CAN is off the scale

I appeciate any help you can post....

Thanks
Old 08-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3CAN:

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look at all the trouble you are having just to have a gas cap thats say Hummer on it.I bought the aftermarket one, it locks and it went on in 2 minutes and looks great.Thats why they make aftermarket stuff cheaper and easy install.Dont get caught up in this has to say Hummer on it deal.JMO
Old 08-24-2005, 03:27 PM

H3CAN is off the scale

That is the only one that looks right on the truck....my opinion though...thanks
Old 08-25-2005, 01:33 AM

mightypuck is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Posted 08-24-05 10:27 AM
That is the only one that looks right on the truck....my opinion though...thanks<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree...the factory fuel door that says Hummer is the only one that looks good. Right down to the six rivet screws. BTW, is this suppose to come with a locking fuel cap? I thought the Hummer website stated that. Mine did not come with it.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:47 PM

H3O is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3CAN:

Look at all the trouble you are having just to have a gas cap thats say Hummer on it.I bought the aftermarket one, it locks and it went on in 2 minutes and looks great.Thats why they make aftermarket stuff cheaper and easy install.Dont get caught up in this has to say Hummer on it deal.JMO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First Hummer - I would appreciate it if you could please provide the source and price for your cap. I am looking for one in black?
Old 08-26-2005, 12:23 AM

H3CAN is off the scale

The only caps I have seen with locks were not OEM and did not have the Hummer on them.

I think, I read somehwere on this forum, that GM was looking at making one that locks....

For me, locking is more cumbersome.....
Old 08-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3O:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:

Look at all the trouble you are having just to have a gas cap thats say Hummer on it.I bought the aftermarket one, it locks and it went on in 2 minutes and looks great.Thats why they make aftermarket stuff cheaper and easy install.Dont get caught up in this has to say Hummer on it deal.JMO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First Hummer - I would appreciate it if you could please provide the source and price for your cap. I am looking for one in black? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.h2parts.com has the black ones for $155.Talk to Mark in parts.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:48 AM

Mrs Esterhaus is off the scale

And look at all of the trouble you will have when you need that aftermarket gas door replaced. Odds are the company will be out of business by the end of the week anyway. Stick with factory!

Mrs Esterhaus

06 H3 Superior Blue

Old 08-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Hummer Expert

[quote]Originally posted by Mrs Esterhaus:
And look at all of the trouble you will have when you need that aftermarket gas door replaced. Odds are the company will be out of business by the end of the week anyway. Stick with factory!

Mrs Esterhaus

06 H3 Superior Blue

Mrs smarty pants where do you think all the accessories come from GM Heaven.Maybe 90% of the stuff comes from aftermarket companies.You are going to complain about the gas cap please.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:55 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Mrs Esterhaus

06 H3 Superior Blue

Mrs smarty pants where do you think all the accessories come from GM Heaven.Maybe 90% of the stuff comes from aftermarket companies.You are going to complain about the gas cap please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why pay for the HUMMER logo? If that's what you want, great! It's a nice door.

ReelWheels makse the fuel door I put on. I have one on my 05 SUT and had a chrome one on my 03. THey have been around for quite a while and don't see them going away anytime soon either.

Stick with factory?... no thanks. I wanted something different than having HUMMER on my fuel door. Really the only advantage is paying more through the dealer, but having the factory warranty with dealer installed items.

To each their own. BTW- Real Wheels isn't too far from you Ester.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:

Mrs Esterhaus

06 H3 Superior Blue

Mrs smarty pants where do you think all the accessories come from GM Heaven.Maybe 90% of the stuff comes from aftermarket companies.You are going to complain about the gas cap please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why pay for the HUMMER logo? If that's what you want, great! It's a nice door.

ReelWheels makse the fuel door I put on. I have one on my 05 SUT and had a chrome one on my 03. THey have been around for quite a while and don't see them going away anytime soon either.

Stick with factory?... no thanks. I wanted something different than having HUMMER on my fuel door. Really the only advantage is paying more through the dealer, but having the factory warranty with dealer installed items.

To each their own. BTW- Real Wheels isn't too far from you Ester. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You speak the truth Tim.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:13 AM

H3CAN is off the scale

Guys guys...and Gals, please keep the thread focussed on my problem....any luck H3Lady ?

Anyone else has the installation pics of the cap, I hate to tear it apart and find out I need parts....

Thanks
Old 08-30-2005, 07:57 AM

H3Lady is off the scale

I may have these today sometime....still looking. we had them and now..gone....mmmm

I will try hard to find them and make a DIY