H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 12-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Hummer Professional

StarsnBars is off the scale
Default Re: GOT THE ROLA!

Here's a couple pic's Gville
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0439b.JPG (63.6 KB, 373 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0451d.JPG (56.0 KB, 339 views)
Old 12-24-2006, 02:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

GvilleH3U19 is on a distinguished road

Only thing i was wondering if it would look aqward on the yakima rails because they sit so high
2006 H3 standard Factory set of Duelers, SMA guard, Set a chepo lights, and new set of Steelcraft Taillight Guards (just ordered a set of Thule Racks and Hella 500 series for the SMA Merry Christmas to me)

Old 12-24-2006, 05:01 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic thread! Great rack that doesn't cost a thousand dollars (Gobi and Amstar are you seein' this? Looks like everyone's not that gullible after all!)

Did you get pics of driving up that ledge? After all, there's no way that you outwheeled that jeep!
Old 12-24-2006, 06:29 AM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road

Nobody ever flipped there before. It was wet and he was overpowering it and slid to the left. The left front tire fell off the top and whoopsee! I go that way all the time to get to the top of the mountain and the tougher trails. I did it in 2wd when it was dry but had to use 4wd that day. This a shot of me coming up the hill from another Hummer that had never tried it before. The other jeeps waited to see if I made it. You should see the looks at the office when they tell Jeep drivers to follow that white Hummer. Im gloating here but being careful. Paybacks are hell ya know.
Attached Images

Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.

Last edited by Hunner : 12-24-2006 at 06:34 AM.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Hummer Professional

H3PAC is on a distinguished road

OK guys, I ordered the Rola rack and extension last night through e-trailer.com. They have a special on shipping - 99 cents for UPS ground. I just wanted to let you know that I'm holding you completely accountable for my decision. Can't wait to get it on.

Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me.

Guess I should have spent more on my wife's present, huh?

Name:  evil%20santa!!.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  37.6 KB
Old 12-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Hummer Professional

What crossbars are you going to use? Something I did not touch on was the OEM style. The rubber strip that comes on them appears too long. Im guessing if its like boat trim it will shrink. I left them a little long but had to cut a little so the cap would fit on the end. I just pulled the end up to get a screw driver in there for the screws that are too short.
Im also wondering about the wimpy self tapping screws that hold the extension and back piece on. I may go back and put SS bolts with nyloc nuts on there. Vibration on or off road with a load could cause them to back out. Just a thought.
Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Hummer Professional

Oh for you following the slight diversion, here is the other Hummer with a different rack. This is where the Jeep rolled over. The Hummer driver just got his H3 and when we got to the top he said ("were you in 4wd?) then asked how to put it in low and lock it. We had a blast. He learned a lot. Get it he made it in 2wd!! It of course looks pretty flat here but its all of 2 feet. Hmmm 18 inches is what the "wall" at the Hummer track is ?
Attached Images

Last edited by Hunner : 12-24-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:16 AM
Hummer Professional

I have the OEM crossbows.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:55 AM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I really like my Rola!
It seems to be holding up well (so far!)
Old 12-27-2006, 06:03 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's just not possible, it doesn't cost enough to last. It would take copious quantities of cash to make a roof rack worthy of the H3.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:30 AM
Hummer Professional

My order confirmation:

Your order is in transit to our distribution facility and should ship in the next 7 days.

If you have any questions you can reach me at cs@etrailer.com

Thanks,

George J
cs@etrailer.com

So what they really sent me was THEIR order confirmation. It should ship in the next 7 days. Let's see....ordered 3 days ago, ships in 7 more, then 4 more days or so to arrive here...That figures to about 2 weeks. Well, that's not exactly what I was expecting. Name:  getting pissed.gif
Views: 252
Size:  1.3 KB

I guess that's what you get when you pay 99 cents for shipping.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Hummer Professional

StarsnBars is off the scale

Hey PAC. I got mine in a week last summer, Kinda thinkin the Rola Has been selling alot lately, and their inventory is low. Its worth the wait, you wont be sorry, see ya,,
Old 12-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

Gottmud is on a distinguished road

Chas, you have a PM..
Old 12-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Hummer Professional

My shipping was free. It came from Missouri and Im in Arkansas. I got it in three days! Its priced cheap because nowhere on it does it say H3 Hummer. Those precious words multiply things by a minimum of 3x. I also like the crinkle finish. I figured shipping from Australia would have been about what this costs. The cross bars are high because you have those letters in a little baggy. I couldn't resist I put them on. Oh no Bling! I like the black stuff but I don't want it to look like a 49 Chevy! It is welded really smooth and is plenty heavy to hold what I can lift up there.
Attached Images

Old 12-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

You do Superlift over the holidays..?? We were over in Benton, came over Friday night, and I kept thinking about it, but just had to much stuff going on with family stuff..

Rob
Old 12-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsnBars
Hey PAC. I got mine in a week last summer, Kinda thinkin the Rola Has been selling alot lately, and their inventory is low. Its worth the wait, you wont be sorry, see ya,,
That makes sense. But I have no patience. That part of me never grew up. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure I'll like it.

I want it now!
Name:  tantrum.gif
Views: 233
Size:  10.3 KB
Old 12-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash ?
You do Superlift over the holidays..?? We were over in Benton, came over Friday night, and I kept thinking about it, but just had to much stuff going on with family stuff..

Rob
No they closed for the Holiday to let BJ take a rest. I think some Texas club is having a New Years ride. I may stop by on Saturday and see whats up.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Hummer Professional

Funny what happens when you post in a hurry or late at night. I was looking over what I posted and kept saying
2wd. What I meant to say was 4hi not locked or locker rear. Oh well, Im used to the old stuff. ha ha
Attached Images