H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > General H1 Discussion

Old 07-31-2006, 10:49 PM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have a problem (need pics Tim)

I have a serious problem that I havent seen yet pics of timcgos and kiras new H1. Why the delay children???????

Please make all happy and post pics

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 08-01-2006, 01:14 AM
mstams

Default Re: I have a problem (need pics Tim)

Ditto. Let's see 'em...
Old 08-01-2006, 03:14 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

There won't be any either.

I left the dealer and started having issues on the way bacck to Denver. Today the truck went to my local dealer to be looked at.
There arer quite a few issues...most cosmetic.
I am taking the H1 back to the selling dealer and getting my H2 back.

This truck looks great from a distance and in pics! Rides good. Handles good. Not even close to as plush inside as an H2 or H3 though.
Cosmetic inside sucks, engine is up for debate. It has enough power (not a rocket) but OK for merging into traffic.

The interior panels on mine are all warped...except for the drsd door. There is a water leak on the pssd front door somewhere. I found that on the way home too. Now there is black smoke on startup and a CTIS leak that looses about 4lbs overnight. Not a good first week of having this thing.

Other than that, the H1 is cool! But not cool enough for me to keep. I can't wait to get my H2 back. The dealer has agreed to swap the deal back. If all works out like they have promised, I have nothing but good things to say about them. We'll see.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:29 AM
Hummer Expert

CslRkH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco

I left the dealer and started having issues on the way bacck to Denver. Today the truck went to my local dealer to be looked at.

This truck looks great from a distance and in pics! Rides good. Handles good. Not even close to as plush inside as an H2 or H3 though.
Cosmetic inside sucks, engine is up for debate. It has enough power (not a rocket) but OK for merging into traffic.

The interior panels on mine are all warped...except for the drsd door. There is a water leak on the pssd front door somewhere. I found that on the way home too. Now there is black smoke on startup and a CTIS leak that looses about 4lbs overnight. Not a good first week of having this thing.

Other than that, the H1 is cool! But not cool enough for me to keep. I can't wait to get my H2 back. The dealer has agreed to swap the deal back. If all works out like they have promised, I have nothing but good things to say about them. We'll see.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the new rig! Keep us posted
Old 08-01-2006, 03:38 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear Tim....what a bummer
Old 08-01-2006, 04:01 AM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn Tim that sucks! Hopefully the dealer will follow through with taking care of you!
Old 08-01-2006, 04:33 AM
Hummer Authority

Bully13 is an unknown quantity at this point

THAT'S CRAP!! sorry to hear. Any chance of taking the H1 to Moab before the final swap? (sorry, had to ask)
Old 08-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a word of advice. Take drty with you back to the dealer. I saw on an earlier thread what he did to an Element and can imagine what he would do to the sales guy if they try and screw you

Just kidding man that sucks. I really was excited (for you) having gotten the truck. Did they have others there that could be a better deal??? Were these problems common for that year???

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 08-01-2006, 03:57 PM
mstams

Sounds like a bait and switch tactic to sell an Alpha...

Just kidding. Sorry to hear it as I know you were really excited.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Bummer. (I can't think of anything else to say.)
Old 08-06-2006, 01:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

EXH1X5 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco

03 H2 Pewter SOLD
05 H2 SUT Desert Sand SOLD
06 H3 Pewter SOLD
06 H3 BLACK Still have and love it
04 H2 Pewter caught fire and returned
06 H2 Desert Sand getting it back and can't wait
04 H1 Black Metallic POS returning to dealer

Mostly cosmetic issues!!! Not plushy enough!!! Smokes on start up!!! OMG...even a WATER LEAK!!!

Get REAL, it's a USED Diesel Powered REAL HUMMER SOFT/OPEN TOP model with 25,000 (maybe many Off-road) miles on it...but what really sucks is that the WORLD'S #1 (REAL) HUMMER DEALER (as determined year after year by REAL HUMMER OWNERS, not by GM-HUM-BUDS) would ever consider letting people like this purchase a REAL HUMMER! Jim Lynch, I am very disappointed to say the least!!! You definitely need to be screening prospective REAL HUMMER buyers a lot better ...this GM-HUM-BUD definitely snuck through!

Old 08-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

leenigen is off the scale

Ditto, Real hummers are noisy, uncomfortable, and probably leak. Thats why we love them. If we wanted the cushy, quiet version we'd get an H2.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry but I could have told you. Fit and finish is not the strong factor and it will never be nice riding or posh like the H2. I drove an 04 for 3 months as a demo and some of what your saying is normal.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn Tim, I thought you knew the H1's capability was a trade-off with creature comforts. It was never really designed to be a cruiser. I guess I should have let you ride/drive mine first. Sorry you were disappointed, but at least you're back in the H2.

Dave

p.s. Please remove the 'POS' moniker from your sig or I will crush you
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 08-08-2006, 04:45 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Removed per NoMo. His tires are bigger than mine.

The comfort wasn't bad.. don't get me wrong. It wasn't as comfy as an H2, but the reasons were just beyond loose cosmettic panels. The water leak pissed me off, yes, but the engine/ turbo was having issues. A little smoke out of a deisel.... big deal. Enough black smoke to clear out a 10 acre lot of mosquitos, not good. Over heating over 70mph was another issue along with visble corosion on much of the wires.

This ONE was not taken care of properly and I wasn't willing to go through the entire truck to make it realiable. In the end, that H1 was very sweet ride! I will have one some day if I find "that perfect one."

H1's still rock in my book, but this one wasn't going to be part of daily routines.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXH1X5
Mostly cosmetic issues!!! Not plushy enough!!! Smokes on start up!!! OMG...even a WATER LEAK!!!

Get REAL, it's a USED Diesel Powered REAL HUMMER SOFT/OPEN TOP model with 25,000 (maybe many Off-road) miles on it...but what really sucks is that the WORLD'S #1 (REAL) HUMMER DEALER (as determined year after year by REAL HUMMER OWNERS, not by GM-HUM-BUDS) would ever consider letting people like this purchase a REAL HUMMER! Jim Lynch, I am very disappointed to say the least!!! You definitely need to be screening prospective REAL HUMMER buyers a lot better ...this GM-HUM-BUD definitely snuck through!

Are you kidding me? I have seen REAL school buses in older and better shape.

Yeah Tim, what were you thinking?

fawk corrosion, smoke, wheeling and water leaks it's all about looking REAL COOL.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

How many times do you have to have your ass handed to you? Stupid fck.

Quote:
OK, OK, PhilD/Hummer Guru, I humbly offer my apology IF you misunderstood or somehow misinterpreted something in my initial statement to mean "the H2 isn't a real Hummer."
Old 08-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Attached Images

Old 08-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I just ran the above post through Yahoo.com's Retard to English tranlator and it came back with: "ERROR: This is too retarded to translate. Sorry."