Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Sponsors' Forums > General Sponsor Forums

Old 04-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Hummer Novice

Zeero is on a distinguished road
Smile H2 or H3 sponsorship availabilities?

Hey all!

New here....I am the Pres / CEO of Overland Expedition Group at www.kjexpgroup.com .....

Now before you all slap me silly, , yes, I am a Jeep owner....x2 in fact, a 2006 Liberty Renegade, and a 2007 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.... both have some things doen to them, and are in acceptable form for Overland expedition touring.....

A little history.....in July of this year, we're headed to Moab, to do a little training in heavier environments, rocky and hot, cant get much heavier than that....., however, it can..... in 2008 we will be performing the "Great Northern Crossing Expedition" for the World Wildlife Fund and the Hospital for Sick Children.....where we will cross the northern territories of Canada, Yukon, North West, and Nunavut by 4X4 vehicle.....no roads, no signs, just trails, and open country.....

We will be crossing Canadas southern edge to all the major Cities to promote this venture, and raise awareness for our charities and our sponsors.

My question is basically, does anyone here know of any useful contacts at GM, or someone from Hummer that we could reach or contact in terms of getting a couple of vehicles donated for this once in a lifetime adventure....

We recently made contact with an individual who shoots the show Mantracker and a variety of others who will be on hand to shoot and document these two adventures, Moab and the Territories....so exposure is high, and we have three sponsors ready to go on these trips so far.

Any assistance is wonderful! THanks! Great site by the way!!

Last edited by Zeero : 04-24-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H2 or H3 sponsorship availabilities?

Old 04-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 04-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Hummer Novice

?
Old 04-26-2007, 12:56 AM
Hummer Veteran

nmu98 is on a distinguished road

Get a list of shows/stops/exposure along with what you think you can provide for exposure, in a business/marketing plan, then Pm me.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:38 AM
Hummer Authority

Demo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll donate my H3, with me as the driver. When are we going?
Old 04-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Hummer Novice

Of course anyone is welcome to tag along with the team....start saving now!

July 2007: Moab Utah for training and exposure,

July 2008: Depart Toronto for Denali Alaska....promo stops along the route to BC then north to Alaska....where we cross the territories from Denali to Churchill Manitoba...

NMU98 we do have a marketing strategy and sponsorhip package and agreement available and currently in use with sponsors we have right now.

PM sent though
Old 04-29-2007, 05:40 AM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

I personally am also offering H1, H2, and H3 sponsorships.

If you would like (or know anyone) that would like to donate a couple of Hummer vehicles to me for some off roading, just let me know. Please deliver the vehicles to my house, PM me for address information.

Thank you, it's a great cause!

P.S. I really would prefer if you armor up the Hummers, preferably Adventure series, Upgraded M/T tires, you know - the works.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Hummer Novice

Ha-ha......

I gotta ask....why is it you guys think this is some kind of joke...really....I have marketing professionals, and a number current sponsors who really support this venture....and it seems you guys and the guys at jkboard.com think its some kind of joke.

This is not just "offroading"...and based on your response I can tell you have never been to the northern territories of Canada.....ask any overland expert, and they will tell you that its some of the most dangerous, unforgiving, and harsh terrain you'll ever see in the world.....

I for one have been there....and this is about adventure...not delivering free vehicles to my home address for some offroading....

I appreciate the hardiness of the nature of your comments....but if you think this is not serious, maybe you could offer some advice, or even get on board with us and help us out!

We'd love some help and certainly some good advice from people who may have ventured to these areas before.

Having been in the drivers seat for approximately 10 years of overland touring, I would certainly think there are some of you out there who have driven some incredible global expeditions, as I have, and would love to hear some stories and get some other advice....always room for learning.

Thanks for all your responses, a little support in this adventure doesnt hurt either

Oh and..... ..... right back at you
Old 04-30-2007, 01:08 AM
Hummer Authority

Zeero,

Does anybody here know you? You have 11 posts and have already asked for a free Hummer (or two). You come in here like you're important, announcing that you're an expert and maybe you are, but you have 11 posts. That is naive. Don't come in expecting respect, it's like anywhere else, you earn it a measure at a time.

Come on man, this should be obvious.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Hummer Novice

Well, 11 posts....I'm sorry that this low post count requires me to be more humbling and less forward with my purposes.....

As I have a contact in Hummer I figured I would come to an authority source that looked proper to see if I could find any other insiders....

Certainly I was not asking for free Hummers, just simply if there were other methods or opportunities for sponsorship with GM I may not be aware of.....

Instead I got head bashing stick guy and a some not so welcoming responses.

I'm not claiming to be an expert here guys.....10 years of overland experience in the field and this type of matter....yes....but claiming expertise mounts to nothing but cockiness....

Simply put, I was looking for some information or assistance from what appeared to be a good bunch of guys....

I didnt realize that Hummer ownership and post count were two nessecities here to post questions relating to a charity drive and a once in a lifetime adventure through Canadas north.

Its a hard enough game as it is trying to get coporate sponsors interested in these ventures.....what makes it harder is people who clown all over something they know nothing about.....either through misunderstanding, jealousy, or plain old naivity....

So instead of bashing someone trying to do a good thing....that by the way ANYONE is welcome to come along with us......try giving us a hand or helping us out.....we certainly need it....its been a tough campaign so far.

Any help or advice or anything anyone has would be awesome.

Anyway, thanks.....if you guys prefer I leave this alone here, then so be it....but again, it was simply a "Go to the source for information" type thing.

Feel free to drop by our forum....only if you're going to be nice @ www.kjexpgroup.com

Thanks
Old 04-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeero
Feel free to drop by our forum....only if you're going to be nice @ www.kjexpgroup.com

Thanks

I did, and read all the threads about Hummer.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Hummer Guru

I've been reading the site for better than 20 minutes, and I still don't get what you do.

I see that you support an organization WWF Canada, 150,000 members strong.

Seems kinda like the ol' March-of-Dimes Walkathons?

Do you fund these "expeditions" yourself and then collect donations in the name of WWF?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Hummer Authority

Zeero,

I read your forums and see that Big D (fellow administrator) sees Hummer as "useless as a bag of marbles", even though a lot of you drive Liberty's. Big D is the contact for your new "friend" at Hummer though.

It looks like a huge bias against these vehicles over there. Many far left liberal ideas there. Conspiracy video about GM killing the electric car, straight out of fringe Hollywood. Martin Sheen, Ralph Nader, sheesh.

Looks like trolling. Not saying you wouldn't take a new Hummer along on someone else's dime to report badly about. I hope your new "friend" researches this endeavor thoroughly.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Hummer Novice

Yes thats exactly what we do as a matter of fact.

We conduct these expeditions to raise awareness for the chosen charity and to raise funds for them, so they can meet a specific initiative.

By "initiative" I mean a specific program they are working on. We select a program that is a realistic goal for us and we move to assist complete that specific goal.

Our next two trips will be for WWF and the second for Sick Kids Foundation www.sickkidsfoundation.com .

All of our team members have full-time jobs in a variety of fields, and these expeditions are conducted on our vacation time at NO PROFIT to us what-so-ever....

That being said...the question is raised "Well what do you call getting equipment and funds and vehicles donated to help you out?"

Quite simply answered: At the conclusion of our journey we auction off all of the equipment and vehicles and disperse ALL of the earnings directly to the charity we supported.....including any funds that were not utilized to service the team during the trip.....

At the end of each trip we are left with what we started with.....our regular bi-weekly paychecks, and our daily drivers and personal equipment that we bought on our own.

We take no profit and as such we are a registered Not for Profit Corporation.....

We simply do this to help people out....thats it....some people go to church, some people sponsor a third world starving child (all very well and good) but, this is what we do....to show we care and want to help.

My apologies for our site not being to descriptive, however, our Graphic Desgner over at www.dstudio.ca is currently working on an AWESOME new site for us, and should be up soon, so with that we have not updated or refreshed too much information.

Thanks for checking us out though guys, and thanks for your questions and interest!!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03H3
Zeero,

I read your forums and see that Big D (fellow administrator) sees Hummer as "useless as a bag of marbles", even though a lot of you drive Liberty's. Big D is the contact for your new "friend" at Hummer though.

It looks like a huge bias against these vehicles over there. Many far left liberal ideas there. Conspiracy video about GM killing the electric car, straight out of fringe Hollywood. Martin Sheen, Ralph Nader, sheesh.

Looks like trolling. Not saying you wouldn't take a new Hummer along on someone else's dime to report badly about. I hope your new "friend" researches this endeavor thoroughly.

Yeah sorry, some re-education has surfaced towards Hummer, and no, we would not report badly on them at as a matter of fact.

I for one had never really looked at them until awhile ago, and I am quite impressed.... Big D, beleive it or not is infatuated with H1's he just loves the things to pieces....

This IS NOT about scooting around on someone elses dime either....seriously guys, let up a bit ok? We do this stuff, as I said, on our FREE TIME, volunteer, nobody gets paid, nobody takes a profit of any kind.

Driving the Northern Territories is no easy task, its heavy and unforgiving, and we're doing to help a great initiative out, on our own free will and time at no profit at all.....

Anyway, I think you'll find that my very good friend Big D, is actually a very decent stand-up guy, just ask him about Hummers, and he'll tell you how much he loves those H1's.....some of our "Recreational Club" do drive Libertys indeed, and are very surprisingly capable....the Team itself is transitioning to 4 door Rubicons, Land Rovers, or Hummers....we already bought a 4 Door Rubicon which is just fantastic.

In fact just today I had an opportunity to speak with an H2 owner in a parking lot in Mississauga Ontario....very nice guy and we gave each other the opportunity to look around each others trucks and we both came back impressed....

Oh and to add....the FAR LEFT LIBERAL ideas you commented about....lets remember these are opinions of one or two people....myself I am a staunch and very upright Conservative supporter.

I am former Military, Recon/Sniper, and currently in Law Enforcement and work for a big local City Service......Liberal, doesnt even cut the cake with me....so lets remember, that these little videos and comments that appear Liberal arent the opinions of the entire group.....we here in Canada have the Freedom of Expression as given to us in our Charter of Rights.....so who am I to stop one of our members from expressing his views or thoughts, especially if deemed not inappropriate or offensive....yes maybe I dont agree with him, but I am not offended.

Last edited by Zeero : 04-30-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Hummer Authority

Without addressing the entire post,

Big D is the one that wrote the H1 is "useless as a bag of marbles". Maybe that is out of context, but it doesn't sound like a Hummer lover to me. If he modifies a Liberty a little and thinks it more capable than an H1, I'm not a believer in his credibility.

I still don't know if you're full of sh!t or not. We'll see.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Hummer Guru

OK,

So in this day and age when, four wheeling, expeditions such as yours are in danger of never being allowed on our planet, why are you not fundraising for Off-road business associations, or tread lightly, or Blue Ribbon Coalitions?

It seems like a perfect format for showing what our public lands are supposed to be used for.

It doesn't make sense to me that you are supporting the type of organisation that will eventually try to shut you down...all in the name of green house gasses.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Hummer Authority

Maybe we should get DRTYFN on him.

At least then we would know the real deal.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

The ArchiTexan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03H3
Maybe we should get DRTYFN on him.

At least then we would know the real deal.

No need, he passed the background check. He's not a troll.