H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 02-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

westhillsat
Hummer Professional

Posted Feb 19, 6:52 PM
I have the factory mud flaps and live in Montana and have been satisfied with them
this winter.

X2

Now the troll primal-hunter will jump on your back.

If we ever hear from him again.. I dont think we will.
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ma\'Deuce is off the scale

you guys are ruthless!! Ha Ha Ha. I'll go with the factory flaps as the dealer has already been figuring the price with those installed. She said "if nothing else, i WILL sell you the flaps." I only had to see one of the H3 in our lot with mud up to the roof. thanks guys and primal hunter for making this post a comical one.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Steve - SanJose

I'm an urban dude, but better than being the poor hillbilly primal-hunter troll type. I used no flaps for a while. After installing factory flaps the spray and muck was reduced some.

I have no plans to install mudflaps designed for an 18 wheeler.

S.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Ma'Deuce:
you guys are ruthless!! Ha Ha Ha. I'll go with the factory flaps as the dealer has already been figuring the price with those installed. She said "if nothing else, i WILL sell you the flaps." I only had to see one of the H3 in our lot with mud up to the roof. thanks guys and primal hunter for making this post a comical one.

That's what's great about this forum, information and entertainment all together.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Hummer Guru

I did notice without flaps when I went through a mud puddle the door handles and steps were covered in mud and with the flaps no caked on door handles and better on steps.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Hummer Guru

primal-hunter
Hummer Novice
Posted Feb 19, 7:45 AM
Hello fourtofour:

you must be a dealer or someone who is satisfied with a poorly designed product. Or maybe worse you H3 has never been in the mud or snow. You must be another urban pretender who use his H3 to get his morning's coffee.

FORGET THE MUD FLAPS - THEY DO NOT WORK.

primal-hunter
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

primal-hunter is off the scale

The above discussion is why one has to be careful on the internet. There are a lot of idiots out there who have never seriously been off road in sand, mud, or snow. They sit around and are dishonest in their comments. I have had both brand of mudflaps. The problems is that the tires stick out further than the mudflap. At best, the mudflaps can only reduce a small amount of whatever. Save your money for the fender flares - and don't be the first to buy. Wait and learn from others before buying. It is so sad that the urban pretenders out there can't be honest. Best of luck.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by primal-hunter:
The above discussion is why one has to be careful on the internet. There are a lot of idiots out there who have never seriously been off road in sand, mud, or snow. They sit around and are dishonest in their comments. I have had both brand of mudflaps. The problems is that the tires stick out further than the mudflap. At best, the mudflaps can only reduce a small amount of whatever. Save your money for the fender flares - and don't be the first to buy. Wait and learn from others before buying. It is so sad that the urban pretenders out there can't be honest. Best of luck.

Old 02-26-2006, 02:39 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

So basically what you are saying is that the mudflaps are not perfect and don't protect the whole vehicle. What the hell is perfect in this world? Nobody expects them to be perfect except maybe you. I am more than happy with the protection I get with the OEM flaps since it is far better than nothing. An added bonus is it only cost me $35 and I am protected until something better comes along. If you can not understand the thought process, sorry, but you should probably just run along now

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 03-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

primal-hunter is off the scale

You guys are a great example of group think. Honest discussion is not allowed. You all bought your mudflaps - and cannot be honest with others that you now own an inferior product and cannot warn others, that the results are very very far from perfect.

I will run along now and will not be back.

Adios you losers!!
Old 03-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
primal-hunter
Hummer Veteran
Posted Mar 14, 7:34 AM
You guys are a great example of group think. Honest discussion is not allowed. You all bought your mudflaps - and cannot be honest with others that you now own an inferior product and cannot warn others, that the results are very very far from perfect.

I will run along now and

You have a one sided view Your the loser because this sight is a asset to hummer owners and want to be owners.Your like a one way street.so follow the sign and you will be on your way.Im sure you will lurk in the backgroung like the troll you are.
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2006, 03:18 PM

4ophenia is off the scale

I saw an H2 last Feb in VT that had a good solution. Oversized heavy-duty rubber flaps were connected to a carabiner clip which was then fastened to an eye screw. Couldn't tell exactly how/where the eye screw/bolt was attached. But it worked great. I was behind the driver, road was covered in slush, and no rooster tail. The setup made for easy removal of flaps for off-roading.

Repressed as a child, but no more ....
Old 03-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

You're a fukking moron! Apparently an "honest discussion" is one where everyone agrees with you.

Quote:
I will run along now and will not be back.

Adios you losers!!

I hope you mean it. Buh-bye now!

Old 03-16-2006, 02:35 AM
Hummer Guru

You always have to have the last word......
Old 03-16-2006, 03:20 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

No I don't.

Old 03-16-2006, 03:55 AM
Hummer Guru