H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stopped by to say good bye.....

Well guys, last week I put my H2 outside with a for sale sign on the windshield.

The truck lasted a day and a half and was snatched up by a schoolteacher already driving an H2.

I guess the supercharger and liftkit helped sell it. F or 19K, it was a hell of a deal... I had almost that much just in mods.

I absolutely loved the truck but I don't see gas prices going down any time soon and if what they say about gas prices being upwards of 9-10 per gallon in a year or two, I simply don't want to spend that much for gas.

And to top it off, with the announcement that GM was closing their Hummer division, that was just another kick in the pants.

Thanks guys for all the help. Other than the childish bickering that goes on sometimes, this has been a cool place and definitely a must have for an H2 owner.

Take it easy....

Mark
Old 08-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stopped by to say good bye.....

have you not realized the natinoal average price of gas dropped from 4.113 a few weeks ago to 3.787 and oil dropped from 148 to 113 still mad expensive but htat 9 to 10 crap is never gonna happen,how many miles did you have on it cuase 19k definitly sounds good for the truck

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 08-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

sorry to hear this ! Good luck !

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 08-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Hummer Expert

Karsun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush

I absolutely loved the truck but I don't see gas prices going down any time soon and if what they say about gas prices being upwards of 9-10 per gallon in a year or two, I simply don't want to spend that much for gas.

Mark

Who the heck said that? Gas prices have actually gone down. Sorry you sold your truck so inexpensively.
Yellow2003 Luxury, 2 inch lift with Helo Maxx8 20X10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country LT325//60//R20 tires,black tublar steps,taillight and brush guards,8500k Bi Xenon Bulbs, KC Lights, Recon Smoked roof lights
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 08-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Gas prices have capped, dropped, and will drop further. They've realized that people have come to the point where they're modifying their lives vs. biting the bullet and paying for gas, their only option is to go down.

Gas won't reach 9-10 a US gallon, it'll destroy the country.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

i can understand.....sorry to see u go.....
Old 08-14-2008, 02:42 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

The bit about 9-10 dollars a gallon is supposed speculation by the "experts".

Even if they are wrong, one thing is for sure... gas WILL go up. It may not hit 9-10 but I assure you the 2-3 per gallon days will be gone before long.

I personally think it's bull**** that we're paying what we're paying but they're already paying 9-10 per gallon in Europe, 11 in Italy.

The point is, even if it only gets up to 5-6 per gallon, I don't want to pay that at 7-8 miles to the gallon.

The truck had 103K miles on it. It was in EXCELLENT condition but it was time....

Anyway, thanks guys for everything.

Much appreciated...

Mark
Old 08-14-2008, 03:10 AM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

Good luck with your next vehicle.

From what i understand, those prices in Europe are because a gallon of gas is heavily taxed. I just read that in germany they are at $7.00 a gallon. If it weren't for taxes they would be paying just over one dollar for a gallon.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

L8R Mark....
Old 08-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Hummer Professional

2-H2's has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'm currently working in the UK...gas is $1.19 per liter

Good luck!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Hummer Professional

H2bill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM
Gas prices have capped, dropped, and will drop further. They've realized that people have come to the point where they're modifying their lives vs. biting the bullet and paying for gas, their only option is to go down.

Gas won't reach 9-10 a US gallon, it'll destroy the country.

You are correct. Now that there is serious discussion about drilling at home and developing alternative fuels, expect to see it come down even more. OPEC is just like any other business market. If we significantly decrease our dependence on foreign oil they lose money. Simple as that. They will now seek a price level for gas that maximizes their profit but still makes developing alternative fuels less attractive. I would not be surprised to see it go down .50 a gallon before November.

No wonder they want Obama to get elected.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

RCKSTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-H2's
I'm currently working in the UK...gas is $1.19 per liter

Good luck!!!
HOLY SH*T!

Whats the chances of you botteling that liquid gold and shipping it over here? Im in Canada and paying $1.41 per litre, wich after doing the conversion is $5.17 US per Gallon!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll miss your input on the forum! The voices of Orange Crush, like F5stop, & Paragon will become legend I guess that's better than notorious. I was one of those people that went from a BIG TRUCK '89 F350 4 X 4 to a Bronco to, a big SUV to the smaller H3 to a Wrangler and now back to the H2. I MISSED the utility of the big vehicle a lot and found myself making two trips in the smaller vehicle versus one in the larger SUV when hauling stuff around. Long highway drives with the Wrangler were pure torture. If it wasn't for the H3 I would have probably never looked at the H2. It's capabilities amazed me. Gas is expensive but there are those of us that NEED the ability to go through mud and snow and up the trail to our cabins in all kinds of weather and still haul stuff around in the back.
I make no excuses for my enjoyment and love of the big H2. Gas is expensive, but to me the H2 combines a hobby, with a lifestyle, with transportation. SIZE MATTERS!!
Old 08-15-2008, 04:23 AM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point

Orange Crush is not so wrong but before I start I just want to make one thing perfectly clear, I'M NOT SELLING MY HUMMER NO MATTER HOW HIGH GAS PRICES GO. I'll buy a fuel efficient vehicle and park the dammed H2 in the garage and just look at it!! With that being said, everyone needs to keep in mind that gas is a natural resource. Our natural resources only exist in a finite amount, and when supplies dwindle gas prices will naturally rise. I am in the oil and gas business, and I'm not suggesting that we are running out of fuel. All I'm saying is that anyone who thinks that gas prices have hit their peek is sorely mistaken. Enjoy your toys but don't for one second think that things (gas prices) are going to get better! Think LONGTERM

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06
Old 08-15-2008, 04:29 AM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point

Orange Crush is not so wrong but before I start I just want to make one thing perfectly clear, I'M NOT SELLING MY HUMMER NO MATTER HOW HIGH GAS PRICES GO. I'll buy a fuel efficient vehicle and park the dammed H2 in the garage and just look at it!! With that being said, everyone needs to keep in mind that gas is a natural resource. Our natural resources only exist in a finite amount, and when supplies dwindle gas prices will naturally rise. I am in the oil and gas business, and I'm not suggesting that we are running out of fuel. All I'm saying is that anyone who thinks that gas prices have hit their peek is sorely mistaken. Enjoy your toys but don't for one second think that things (gas prices) are going to get better! Think LONGTERM

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06
Old 08-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Hummer Professional

kalantar is off the scale

Here is the real story on oil:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...67011147&hl=en

kind of long but very informative... tons of oil left in the world dont beleive the hype. The speculators have gouged everyone.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:18 AM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONRAD II

Gas stations are SITTING on full stock of premium fuel, nobody is touching it unless their vehicle MUST take it (and I know a few cases of people putting regular into premium only vehicles). Basic business, standing stock is not good, especially with something like gas. Go to any gas station, look at the amounts the pump's register. Last time I was there I saw $5, $10, and only one or two machines over $40.

In the past, when gas went up, the majority of people complained, then bit the bullet and continued with life. They've finally raised the price to a point where people are saying "screw it" and they're changing their lifestyles. That's in no way benefitting oil companies, and they're seeing a drastic drop in sales. They have no choice but to level off the price at a point where people are willing to pay for maximum profit.

I'm not going to get into the topic of WHY the gas prices are going up, I'm just going to say anybody that believes it's because of "supply" is listening too much to the media.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road

If you wat to do something about the price of gas, I urge all to sign the petition!!

www.AmericanSolutions.com

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"
Old 08-15-2008, 06:04 AM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

Call me whatever you want....but, I only fill up with Premium.....I did it with my truck for 10 years..and continue to do it with my H2
Old 08-15-2008, 06:16 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_h2
Call me whatever you want....but, I only fill up with Premium.....I did it with my truck for 10 years..and continue to do it with my H2

TREE HUGGER!!!
I only fill up with Cam2