H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 09-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road
Default Servive Bulletin

Anyone aware of a service bulletin for cracked leather seats in an H2 with under 30K? I thought I seen it on the forum a while back, but a search didn't bring up anything. Thanks in advance...J
Old 09-27-2008, 01:03 AM
Hummer Professional

Metallic Red is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Servive Bulletin

A TSB No. would be nice!!

I would definetly fall into this catergory.

HCMI Member 50043
Old 09-27-2008, 01:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

hummer.dad is on a distinguished road

Mine did this after one year. All seats were cracked and peeling. Took to my Hummer dealer numerous times. They tried repairing which was even worse. Had to get Corporate Hummer involved to remedy the situation. The dealer ended up replacing ALL the seat leather. I was without my H2 for 14 days total and numerous trips 40mi to the local dealer. Has held up great since with quarterly lexol cleaning and conditioning and periodic wipe down with damp micro fiber cloth. The service manager even told me I ended up with better leather than factory since the use a local shop to do the work.

They told me I was the only one with the problem. Not true! Very disappointing when purchasing a truck over twice the cost of any other vehicle I've ever owned. But it is my dream truck, so I've put up with it.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

#04-08-50-006B: Minor Wrinkles/Creases, Discoloration, Cigarette Burns and Customer Induced Cuts and Stains on Front and Rear Dirver and Passenger Seats with Leather, Vinyl or Cloth Seat Covers - (Jan 25, 2008)

Subject:Minor Wrinkles/Creases, Discoloration, Cigarette Burns and Customer Induced Cuts and Stains on Front and Rear Driver and Passenger Seats with Leather, Vinyl or Cloth Seat Covers

Models:2009 and Prior GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks (Including Saturn)
2009 and Prior HUMMER H2, H3
2009 and Prior Saab 9-7X

This bulletin is being revised to add model years. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 04-08-50-006A (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).
If a customer comes in to your dealership due to certain conditions of the seat covers (splits, wrinkles, loose stitching, etc.), you must examine the seat cover in order to determine the validity of the customer claim. Some components from the above listed vehicles have been returned to the Warranty Parts Center (WPC) and analysis of these parts showed "customer induced damage" or No Trouble Found (NTF).
The dealer should pay particular attention to the following conditions:

? Cigarette burns

? Customer induced cuts (knife cuts, cut by customer tools, etc.)
? Paint stains (customer should have cleaned paint stains while paint was still wet)
? Coffee stains and other removable dirt
These should be cleaned as described in the Owner's Manual under Appearance Care. Also, refer to Corporate Bulletin Number 06-00-89-029A or later.
? Evidence of chemicals used for cleaning, other than those specified in the Owner's Manual
? Other chemical spills
? Minor and normal leather wrinkles as a result of use
? Other defects to the seat cover not detected during the pre-delivery inspection (PDI).
Inform the customer that the above issues were not present when the vehicle was purchased and cannot be replaced under warranty. The covers, however, may be repaired or replaced at the customer's expense.
The following conditions are not caused by the customer and should be covered by warranty:

? Split seams

Old 09-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Hummer Guru

Thanks HUMTECH!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Hummer Professional

Efrain is off the scale

The back seats of my 2005 started to peel off only after a couple of years, and they are seldom used; so this cannot be customer induced. The front seats are okay, though. Must have used a different batch of leather.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:59 AM
Hummer Novice

furblog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMTECH
#04-08-50-006B: Minor Wrinkles/Creases, Discoloration, Cigarette Burns and Customer Induced Cuts and Stains on Front and Rear Dirver and Passenger Seats with Leather, Vinyl or Cloth Seat Covers - (Jan 25, 2008)

Subject:Minor Wrinkles/Creases, Discoloration, Cigarette Burns and Customer Induced Cuts and Stains on Front and Rear Driver and Passenger Seats with Leather, Vinyl or Cloth Seat Car Covers

Models:2009 and Prior GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks (Including Saturn)
2009 and Prior Saab 9-7X

This bulletin is being revised to add model years. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 04-08-50-006A (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).
If a customer comes in to your dealership due to certain conditions of the seat covers (splits, wrinkles, loose stitching, etc.), you must examine the seat cover in order to determine the validity of the customer claim. Some components from the above listed vehicles have been returned to the Warranty Parts Center (WPC) and analysis of these parts showed "customer induced damage" or No Trouble Found (NTF).

? Cigarette burns

? Paint stains (customer should have cleaned paint stains while paint was still wet)
These should be cleaned as described in the Owner's Manual under Appearance Care. Also, refer to Corporate Bulletin Number 06-00-89-029A or later.
? Evidence of chemicals used for cleaning, other than those specified in the Owner's Manual
? Other chemical spills
? Other defects to the seat cover not detected during the pre-delivery inspection (PDI).
Inform the customer that the above issues were not present when the vehicle was purchased and cannot be replaced under warranty. The covers, however, may be repaired or replaced at the customer's expense.
The following conditions are not caused by the customer and should be covered by warranty:

? Split seams

I am a speculative consumer. Every issue I deal must be always be resolved. In this case as you said earlier, minor and normal leather wrinkles as a result of use is one of those issues.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:00 AM
Hummer Novice

furblog is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Subject:Minor Wrinkles/Creases, Discoloration, Cigarette Burns and Customer Induced Cuts and Stains on Front and Rear Driver and Passenger Seats with Leather, Vinyl or Cloth Seat Car Covers

2009 and Prior Saab 9-7X

If a customer comes in to your dealership due to certain conditions of the seat car covers (splits, wrinkles, loose stitching, etc.), you must examine the seat cover in order to determine the validity of the customer claim. Some components from the above listed vehicles have been returned to the Warranty Parts Center (WPC) and analysis of these parts showed "customer induced damage" or No Trouble Found (NTF).

? Cigarette burns

? Other chemical spills

? Split seams

I am a speculative consumer. Every issue I deal must be always be resolved. In this case as you said earlier, minor and normal leather wrinkles as a result of use is one of those issues.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Hummer Guru

Still waiting for GM to contact me in regards to this issue
Old 12-17-2008, 02:44 AM
Elcova Rookie

drewtiss@hotmail is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Subject:Minor Wrinkles/Creases, Discoloration, Cigarette Burns and Customer Induced Cuts and Stains on Front and Rear Driver and Passenger Seats with Leather, Vinyl or Cloth Seat Covers

2009 and Prior Saab 9-7X

If a customer comes in to your dealership due to certain conditions of the seat covers (splits, wrinkles, loose stitching, etc.), you must examine the seat cover in order to determine the validity of the customer claim. Some components from the above listed vehicles have been returned to the Warranty Parts Center (WPC) and analysis of these saturn parts showed "customer induced damage" or No Trouble Found (NTF).

? Cigarette burns

? Other chemical spills

? Split seams

The most thing that I really hate to do is cleaning stains in my car especially coffee stains. The smell really lingers. Plus, I never smoke that's why I really hate when my friends light their smokes in my car.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:45 AM
Elcova Rookie

drewtiss@hotmail is on a distinguished road

Still looking.

Last edited by drewtiss@hotmail : 12-17-2008 at 04:13 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

ehaser is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to thank all of the a$$holes who don't know how to use the "quick reply" button when responding. This is officially the most difficult thread to read with all of the repeated pics.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:30 AM
Hummer Professional

H2bill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtiss@hotmail
The most thing that I really hate to do is cleaning stains in my car especially coffee stains. The smell really lingers. Plus, I never smoke that's why I really hate when my friends light their smokes in my car.

Why in heavens name would you allow someone to smoke in your car?? If they smell or have been sweating I won't even let them open the door. Exceptions of course, for some women (re: the sweating part. ) No exceptions for the smoking part.