H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-13-2005, 04:38 PM

ChuckE is off the scale

Cool write-up PARAGON, and great pictures.

So there is your 01-27-04 write-up about Cibies mounted in the plastic part of the bumper. I didn't notice anywhere as to which type of Cibies, though, I believe they are Tangos, right?.

I looked on hummersolutions website and all I saw there were the PIAA lamps. I like the look and size of the PIAA 540, I think it would fit just about right. But several people here have said that all the PIAA's are POS.

Then there is the 04-06-03 write-up by H2Norcal who used the Cibie Tangos and mounted them on the steel of the actual bumper behind the plastic facade. H2Norcal mentioned "fully adjustable from each side of the wheel wells and are firmly mounted and don't vibrate."

That sounds pretty cool too. Thanks to both of you.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChuckE:
Cool write-up PARAGON, and great pictures.

So there is your 01-27-04 write-up about Cibies mounted in the plastic part of the bumper. I didn't notice anywhere as to which type of Cibies, though, I believe they are Tangos, right?.

I looked on hummersolutions website and all I saw there were the PIAA lamps. I like the look and size of the PIAA 540, I think it would fit just about right. But several people here have said that all the PIAA's are POS.

Then there is the 04-06-03 write-up by H2Norcal who used the Cibie Tangos and mounted them on the steel of the actual bumper behind the plastic facade. H2Norcal mentioned "fully adjustable from each side of the wheel wells and are firmly mounted and don't vibrate."

That sounds pretty cool too. Thanks to both of you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My installation and H2Norcal's are identical. Mine are mounted to the metal top of my Warn winch bumper now but is the same as the top of the original metal bumper. You can easily reach in from the wheel well and reach around to the front at the same time and make the adjustments as finite as you would like. This would be the case with any light mounted the same way.

Mine are indeed Tangos also. Cibies were hard to come by in the states and mine were on backorder with hummersolutions for a few months before I actually received them. But again, I would suggest another set of fogs since the Tangos take such a unique bulb. I know of no one who has complained about PIAAs, everyone I know that have/has used them like them. I have PIAAs on my light bar and really like the quality.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:30 PM

ChuckE is off the scale

Well, I really thought I had read somewhere here where at least one person had bad mouthed PIAA. But I can't find the message now. No matter.

So, ... glad to hear that a few people here actually like the PIAA, because that is the light I intended to get, since it looks like a real good fit in the DRL location, and I like the look with that grid guard over the lens (it might be some plastic crap, but it is better than no guard at all).

I wasn't too worried about the light output anyway, since even a poor driving light has to be gobs better than the OE DRLs.

I was just searching on this board and I did find additional write-ups where others had used the PIAA 540's in the DRL positions. Cool. I am looking forward to doing this...
Old 01-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

How do the amber silverstar 3157A's do in fog? I remember driving a mercedes once that had amber lights for fog lights, and I could see much better in dense fog and such. Secondly, has anyone compared the wagner lightbulbs to the silverstars? I've used Wagner bulbs before and they are definately an improvement to the oem lights as far as brightness goes, and much more cost efficient.

'03 H2
Old 01-22-2005, 11:55 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

DRTY & others. Thanks for your input. Installed the Silverstar 9007ST headlamps and the 3157/4157 AST DRL's. Great looking lamps. Next best thing to HID.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:10 AM

RoverRoller is off the scale

Is there any way to modify the DRL's and put a xenon bulb in there?
Old 01-27-2005, 06:20 AM
Hummer Guru

Ok, picked up Silverstar 9007's at Walmart for about $40 bucks and 4157 AST's at Schucks for about $20 bucks. Probably could have gotten the 4157's cheaper somewhere else, but was too lazy to drive around town. Schuck's had the 9007's for $50 bucks and said they would pricematch with an additional 5%.... Here are some pics of 1 9007 and 4157 installed...
Attached Images

'03 H2
Old 01-27-2005, 06:26 AM
Hummer Guru

Both sides installed....The 9007's are definately whiter (don't know if you can really tell in the pic). I'll have to compare them to my bright wagner bulbs to see if they're much lighter. The wagners were only 9 bucks each...
Attached Images

'03 H2
Old 01-27-2005, 04:36 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

Nice lamps aren't they for minimum cost.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:21 PM

ChuckE is off the scale

Couldn't you make those pictures just a little bit BIGGER?

My 21" screen seemed so small displaying those pictures.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Hummer Guru

I'm trying to encourage everyone to move up to larger screens. Sorry, I'll try and decrease the dimensions next time...

'03 H2