H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-17-2005, 07:37 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jason brown:
Well, I took a chance...Filled the H2, added 3 oz of acetone and wow! What a difference I went from 10.6 mpg to 12.8 city driving
Thanks for the information guys
Jason Brown </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Let us know after about another 4 or 5 tanks of gas without resetting your MPG
Old 04-17-2005, 07:47 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thumper & Buttercup:
OK,

Filled up today for the return trip, fillup took 11 gal even, with too much Acetone in there this ammount should have dropped the vehicle down to about 2oz per 10 gal. At 75 mph we were getting 13mpg today with a small headwind. At 65 mph truck jumped to 15.5 mpg at 55 mph the H2 was getting 16.5 mpg. There is a overpass that the H2 always kicksdown and hits the throttle, well today she just went right over them without the kick in the pants, I did hear the transmission start to wind up then it just returned to normal without the engine kicking up. So far I am happy, but time will tell, I add everything to my spreadsheets and see what the overall mpg averages. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There's no way you can get accurate MPG by reading the instant MPG. Too many variables including you. Run several tanks of fuel through it then let us know.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:32 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

Too bad Acetone cannot help you with your spelling ..
Old 04-19-2005, 01:11 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Edited because what I was referring to has been removed.

Thank goodness.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

There is an interesting article that I found a while ago concerning Octane Boosting. I find this more promising than Acetone. Has anybody ever heard of this.

http://www.elektro.com/~audi/audi/toluene/
Old 04-20-2005, 09:41 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

I could not find the MPG improvement numbers...
Old 04-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I got to looking at fuel injector cleaning chemical and found many had acetone in it. Most likely very little but it must clean up the fuel system. It was last week and do not remember which one I read. I was looking at all of them and just forgot.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-25-2005, 01:56 AM

Allen is off the scale

I put in a 2 oz to 10 gallon ration. My city driving went from 9.3 to 11.0 MPG

I have the following mods:

Volant air intank, Shorty headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Jet Chip, Throttle body spacer, Transmission oil cooler (larger than stock) with fan.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:59 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I have been researching Toluene and looks very promising. It has an octane rating of 114.
It is used as a octane booster and racing world nicknames it jet fuel. It is supposed to increse perf. considerable. It can be bought at Sherwin Williams at $5 a gallon. I'm looking into how much is required to boost octane of 87 to 91 or 93 and compare cost of just buying 91 or 93. I think as a guess a person will be just as well off buying 91 or 93 oct. But, in a high compression situation You could get the higher octane gas on up there for fewer problems. If it can be bought in large enough bulk price could come way down. Saw on websit of a few you can buy it in 55 gallon drums but it said to call for price. Anyway racers use it with a mix of kerosene for lubrication and the kerosene keeps fuel system clean as well. This is just info i have run across on a real quick look. Some real racer guys may be able to tell us more indepth and quicker. It seems to be with it if it does not drive cost pe gallon up to much addng.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 08-22-2005, 03:17 AM

Thumper & Buttercup is off the scale

Hey all,

Sorry we dropped off the site, my wife rebroke her leg and I got hit by a virus and wiped out my computer.

I've tried a few differant things and gone back to plain gas to recheck my results on my 05 H2 and my 02 TJ.

At 55 mph our H2 is getting around 17mpg and at 65 mph we are getting 14-15+ mpg. This is a stock H2 with Airaid cold air intake, Granatelli(sp) cold air mass sensor, and we have the superchip programmer, running 87 octane settings that they suggest. We've not had any time to test 75 mph but we have a trip planned in October to Virginia and back to ND that will give us some real good data. Our TJ is getting 21 mpg regularly so I am really happy with the 2 oz of Acetone per 10 gal that we are using.
I am going to test our Harley Ultra now, we got a good standard of mpg and now we will start testing it. I hope this helps sorry it took me a while to get back, we are just now getting our life back in order. We will be around more now that I found you guys and gals again.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:28 AM

gorton is off the scale

xylene will work to boost octane rating points, but you probably won't get better gas milage. it will also dissolve water in your tank from using acetone.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:14 PM

IPStack is off the scale

You guys using any particular brand of acetone, where are you purchasing it from. I think I am gonna test as well.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

Denny Crane is off the scale

Bump.

Where ya getin it?

D
Old 08-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

Why does this sound like the "aviation fuel" craze of a decade ago? All the hi-po cars were filling up with avia-blue for the 113 octane. Come to find out it was a high octane fuel, but it was also formulated for use on a consistant RPM situation(Aviation use), not fluctuating RPM (auto use). I'll await long term results to judge effectiveness.

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5