H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 04-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys, i just wanted to find out if this is a problem or something that is just normal on the vehicle. I noticed today that even when the climate control fan is in the off position, there is still air blowing through the vents when the vehicle is moving or maybe when just accelerating. Does anyone know anything about this? Can someone check if yours does the same thing? Thanks for your help!
Old 04-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

mine does the same and I noticed on some other vehicles too, like Jaguar and Toyota.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
mine does the same

X2
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Hummer Professional

deicustoms1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine does it too...I like it. Isn't it supposed to anyways, since the thing is set to vent? Press the button on the fan speed and it goes away.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the fan actually on, or is there airflow?

From the Owner's Manual:
(Off): Turn the center knob to this position to turn the fan off. With the fan off, you may still experience airflow from the system that increases with vehicle speed depending on the mode and temperature settings.
Enable recirculation mode to stop this airflow from occurring.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Alec W:
H2’s are built better and don’t do this

No, they are just more aerodynamic and they air just flows around the vehicle

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 04-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale

The fresh air is sucked in at the base of the windshield. Because of the rake of the windshield (or lack of) a high pressure air pocket is formed at the base of the windshield as you move. The high pressure air is forced into the vent system. Hitting recirc closes this intake vent and opens a recirc intake vent to the passinger compartment which will stop this from happening. This is how cow induction forces air into the engine compartment. This is also why cow induction is less effective for aerodynmaic vehicles like Corvettes with a smooth transistion at the windshield base and a sloped windshield.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess the fan isnt on but there is airflow while the vehicle is moving like you all mentioned. Turning the recirculation on takes care of it. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

aetherH3 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by ChevyHighPerformance:
The fresh air is sucked in at the base of the windshield. Because of the rake of the windshield (or lack of) a high pressure air pocket is formed at the base of the windshield as you move. The high pressure air is forced into the vent system. Hitting recirc closes this intake vent and opens a recirc intake vent to the passinger compartment which will stop this from happening. This is how cow induction forces air into the engine compartment. This is also why cow induction is less effective for aerodynmaic vehicles like Corvettes with a smooth transistion at the windshield base and a sloped windshield.

don't you mean COWL induction?
I have seen a few cars with COW induction... It ain't pretty. Cows don't fit through small openings very easily.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:05 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

Similar to moose induction?
Quote:
Originally posted by aetherH3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChevyHighPerformance:

I have seen a few cars with COW induction... It ain't pretty. Cows don't fit through small openings very easily. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by HUMTECH:
Similar to moose induction? <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aetherH3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChevyHighPerformance:

I have seen a few cars with COW induction... It ain't pretty. Cows don't fit through small openings very easily. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a person who has hit a cow at about 30 mph, pieces of the cow will fit through all large and small openings. Ain't pretty, for either the vehicle, the Cow or the driver. Obviously the driver lived, vehicle and Cow died. (No, I did not get to take the steaks home.)
Old 04-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by aetherH3:

I have seen a few cars with COW induction... It ain't pretty. Cows don't fit through small openings very easily. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the flip was I typing (I screwed it up twice)??? Cowl it is!