H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I had to meet Spencer (name on here) about 1.5hrs east of me to sell him my tires and wheels. I decided to use one of the farm pickups and had my dad meet me at the local dealership so I could get the H2 serviced, and some minor things fixed. Anyway, the dealer has 99% completed their new Hummer building and have also completed the off road course test track.

Before I let them take the truck away for service I decided I wanted to be one of the firsts to try out the track. It's short but pretty fun. You get to go to the maximum entry and departure angles, maximum camber/side slope, climb a good grade and go over an 18 inch wall or whatever it is supposed to be. Well, I went through but forgot to take off the trailer hitch, so I dragged it across the concrete a couple of times. But I also scraped the fairlead and part of the front Warn winch bumper. My truck has 37's on it and the new Warn Winch bumper still hit at the max entry angle when the new stock rigs with 35's don't hit.

When I go back and pick the truck up I am going to do it again (sans trailer hitch) and film it and take some pics.

Who else's dealers have their off road tracks in now?
Banned

I had to meet Spencer (name on here) about 1.5hrs east of me to sell him my tires and wheels. I decided to use one of the farm pickups and had my dad meet me at the local dealership so I could get the H2 serviced, and some minor things fixed. Anyway, the dealer has 99% completed their new Hummer building and have also completed the off road course test track.

Before I let them take the truck away for service I decided I wanted to be one of the firsts to try out the track. It's short but pretty fun. You get to go to the maximum entry and departure angles, maximum camber/side slope, climb a good grade and go over an 18 inch wall or whatever it is supposed to be. Well, I went through but forgot to take off the trailer hitch, so I dragged it across the concrete a couple of times. But I also scraped the fairlead and part of the front Warn winch bumper. My truck has 37's on it and the new Warn Winch bumper still hit at the max entry angle when the new stock rigs with 35's don't hit.

When I go back and pick the truck up I am going to do it again (sans trailer hitch) and film it and take some pics.

Banned

Old 01-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like OKC will have theirs finished about March.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:28 PM

unaslob is off the scale

My dealer has finished theirs, they do runs every other month and plan on every month when the h3's come in. it is supposed to be alot of fun. good review of recovery technique, and get an idea of the 'pucker factor' i want to head down and check it out next time it is open.

unaslob
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 01-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

If You are traveling on I-30 from Little Rock to Dallas, Landers of Arkansas in Benton has their track up and are finishing up a seperate building to sell and service thier Hummer customers. Do not mean to sound elitest but they seem to have the philosophy that the Hummer owners are a little cut above other customers and other brands. Their shop is not open yet at new building but instead of letting Me drive over to the other building and wait where they still work on H2's with all the other vehicle, the Hummer service man has me drive up to the new building and pull into service receiving and in the rain came up there to pick up my rig. I sat in waiting room with a huge plasma screen and donuts coke coffee and every 5 minutes someone walking by asking if I needed anything. I was sort of weirded out a little as i have never been treated like that in a dealer. I'm going in sometime Wed. morning on the dead batt issue, after Doc appoinment but could not tell them when exactly i could get there and Manager said do not worry just come when Your ready and we'll get You in. Is there other Hummer dealers who treat customers this way or is this just a blessing to have this kind of service?
Thanks
Rick
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-05-2005, 01:18 AM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

I just talked to a salesman(Abe) from Gordon Caddilac Hummer in Ann Arbor. he told me the new Cad/Hummer dealership is to be built on Jackson road west of town, and will include a test track. so I am waiting to see it get under way. the whole project is supposed to be done by Dec. `05.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-05-2005, 01:26 AM
Banned

I think Hummer is making all of the dealers up their service. As a matter of fact I went to the old building first today and then drove my service girl over to the new building to get it written up.

Hummer wants the customer to come to the Hummer dealership only. If you get a chance to go into the new designed hummer dealerships, take a look at the ceiling fans they have up there.

They are from here The Big Ass Fan Company

Old 01-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bergstrom in Milwaukee has a test track, and has since shortly after the doors. Paragon, its cool they let you drive on the track, at my local dealer they will not let you for liability reasons (execpt for on special occasions). Will they continue to allow customers to drive on the track or is it temporary? I'm glad I'm not the only one that dragged a trailer hitch over the concrete.

-007=
Old 01-05-2005, 02:33 AM

Joseph Muha is off the scale

If you are in Arkansas, Landers in Fayetteville alreay has their up and running. They had to put a locked gate on it as some folke with other brands attempted to run it and got "STUCK." Unfortunately, mine will not run it wiout some scraping as I have nerf bars. I will check it out next time I am up there. It looks pretty cool.
The Rover dealer in Tulsa has one for their SUVs as well, and while not as long as the Hummer track it is pretty neat. Remember that ALL of these factory tracks are PURPOSE BUILT for THEIR vehicles and exploit the different philosophies and designs of various manufacturers. The Rover guys also told me of other brands banging up their vehicles after hours as well.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe Ken Batchelor here in San Antonio is going to have a small one once their remodel is complete. I don't know the completion date - they pretty much demo'ed their entire facility and are working out of trailers - but progress seems to be slow.

How convenient that it's on my way home....a daily bit of fun off road and a free truck wash afterwards, who can beat that?

Stacy
Old 01-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

It looks like Sewell Hummer/Saab in Plano TX has finally broken ground on their dedicated Hummer dealership. It was delayed -- probably by the economy. Anyway, I was told they will have a Hummer Test Track. I hope that's still true.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ssgharkness020147:
Paragon, its cool they let you drive on the track, at my local dealer they will not let you for liability reasons (execpt for on special occasions). Will they continue to allow customers to drive on the track or is it temporary? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think I am the only customer that has driven the track. The salesmen take potential buyers through there but they don't let them drive. I have a good relationship with the owner, and her grandson who is over the Hummer part and they are going to only let customers do the track under controlled circumstances, like at Hummer Happenings. They know they have no need to worry about me from a liability standpoint and are fully aware of my wheelin ability.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

The City of VA Beach said "no" to Hall's test track. Atleast that location on the dealership's property because it amounted to advertising. I don't know if they have other plans.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

PARAGON
You are probably 1 of the few to drive tracks. The dealer is supposed to have a certified Hummer Tech drive You around. My Dealer or I should say Hummer manager was going to let Me drive My H2 but My new XL nerf bars were in the way, plus I had just put on new chrome bumpers and it worried Him that I could scrub them. I asked Him if I could take the H2 they use and dealer liability would not allow it. I just let the Tech drive Me around but it would have been FUN to do it though. It was still a good ride as a passenger. Tech said for inexperienced owners they are allowed under the table so to speak customer out on track even as a rider and give them training if the Tech wanted to but more like if Tech had time. My Tech said He would hang around after He got off and do some training with Me if I called in advance. I thought that was a great effort on His part to offer. You do not find many who will do those things for service anymore.
Rick
Rick
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Banned

I went back to the dealer today with cameras. I took some video I'll post later but here are some pics of my rig on the track.

This is the deal where there are sets of rollers under 3 wheels and you go up the little incline with power to only one wheel. If you do it w/o the rear locked it will hesitate while the traction control kicks in, BTM and it won't budge but will not hesitate at all with the rear locked.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Banned

This one demonstrates ground clearance but there is a little too much rock there right now, so clearance was major.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Banned

This scaling the 18 inch, or whatever it is, verticle wall.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Banned

verticle wall again
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Banned

40% front slope
Attached Images