H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-13-2004, 11:59 AM

johnnyrako is off the scale

I have the air horns under my hood currently. I managed to get some 12" + chrome horns. I just don't know where to mount them. They won't fit under the hood and I don't want to mount them on the roof. Any suggestions?
Old 02-13-2004, 11:59 AM

I have the air horns under my hood currently. I managed to get some 12" + chrome horns. I just don't know where to mount them. They won't fit under the hood and I don't want to mount them on the roof. Any suggestions?
Old 02-17-2004, 08:02 PM

Peyton77 is off the scale

How about here....

Peyton

03 Pewter H2, Leather, Sunroof, Chrome Side Step Bars, Xenon Head Lights, Xenon DRL Lights, DRL Jumper, Chrome Letter Inserts (Rear Bumper), Tinted Windows, SMA Chrome Fuel Door, SMA Truck Cover (Thax to Jason), More to come...
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2004, 12:04 AM

unaslob is off the scale

peyton....

question for you... that horn you have mounted wouldnt happen to to be an airchime nathan horn...

as horn fan and owner of a nathan K-5-H i have an eye for these things... I would also add that mounting a nathan horn on your automobile is a federal offense and carries a hefty fine

BE CAREFUL!!!

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 02-19-2004, 05:31 PM

How did you mount it?
Old 02-20-2004, 01:01 AM

unaslob is off the scale

mine is mounted on the grating of my Gobi rack...very simple mount actually. nothing special..

unaslob

ps. nathan horn or not??

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 03-01-2004, 02:24 PM

Peyton77 is off the scale

I have no idea who makes the horn, it is mounted on a H2 that a local shop in ft lauderdale built. It is pretty nasty.

Peyton

03 Pewter H2, Leather, Sunroof, Chrome Side Step Bars, Xenon Head Lights, Xenon DRL Lights, DRL Jumper, Chrome Letter Inserts (Rear Bumper), Tinted Windows, SMA Chrome Fuel Door, SMA Truck Cover (Thax to Jason), More to come...

Old 01-09-2005, 09:40 PM

ChuckE is off the scale

My air horns are not at large as your 12" trumpets, but I also was concerned about a good place to mount them. I found a useful area just behind the grill. I just fashioned an aluminum bracket to mount the horns in that area. It isn't pretty, but it does the job.

I just measured the distance between the vertical supports there and saw that it is 14" wide. You might be able to get those 12" trumpets in this area.

Also, if you can, try to get a slight downward tilt to the airhorn, to aid in water draining out, if it gets in there.

Good luck.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2005, 06:32 PM

guysdad is off the scale

i had the two horn hella set up done and they mounted them and the compressor on the passenger side fender well, when you look down all you see is the black backs of the horns and the top of the compressor all lined up perfectly, and believe me more than loud enough, it works now with my origiinal horn, was going to put in a button to either work the origiinal horn or both of them and said hell if i am going to honk at somebody i want to honk NOW not after i flip a switch, so i get in and honk the horn the first time and i said yes now they will hear me along with seeing me, out
Old 01-14-2005, 02:37 AM

unaslob is off the scale

you want the the immediate availablilty of the horns power, the real trucker feel, and control of the volume of the horn... i have one word for all of you

LANYARD!!!!
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2005, 04:16 PM

ChuckE is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guysdad:
was going to put in a button to either work the origiinal horn or both of them and said hell if i am going to honk at somebody i want to honk NOW not after i flip a switch <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Absolutely, but I do like options, so I have two switches and a push button for my airhorn.

The push button sounds the airhorn, always.
One switch bridges the H2 horn button to the airhorn button, so pressing either will result in all horns going. That is the mode I normally leave the switch in. By flipping the switch off, then the horns are independent.
The second switch enables the “novelty” mode of the horn, the “turkey” mode. It is an annoying 3 note sound that is very attention getting. But I would only use it as a gag.

So, the normal position of the switches does get me the H2 horn and the airhorn “blast” of all 3 trumpets.
The switches are all mounted between the two air ducts in the top center of the dash. It is a clean looking setup.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by unaslob:
you want the the immediate availablilty of the horns power, the real trucker feel, and control of the volume of the horn... i have one word for all of you
LANYARD!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yup, and I agree with you there, too. I just thought that installing the tank and plumbing was a lot more work and money than I was willing to commit. But I do admire anybody who goes that route.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

Navigator is off the scale

http://www.h2source.com/rw502-12.jpg

Mods & Pics

Old 01-27-2005, 03:13 AM
Hummer Professional

DH22G is an unknown quantity at this point

Where can I get some Nathan horns like those? You got any to spare..? MRDAVE144@aol.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by unaslob:

LANYARD!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
03 H2 White... too much to list
2003 Malibu Wakesetter VLX -READY FOR THE SUN