H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

JohnnyRPM is off the scale

I've looked through the archives and can't seem to find an answer to my question, though I can't imagine it hasn't been covered already.

What's the difference between the regular Warn 9.5ti multimount and the special H2 kit (part#67912)? If I wanted the 9000 multimount I would imagine that it would fit in the front or rear receiver just fine...is this an incorrect assumption since they made an H2 specific 9.5ti MM kit?
Hummer Veteran

I've looked through the archives and can't seem to find an answer to my question, though I can't imagine it hasn't been covered already.

What's the difference between the regular Warn 9.5ti multimount and the special H2 kit (part#67912)? If I wanted the 9000 multimount I would imagine that it would fit in the front or rear receiver just fine...is this an incorrect assumption since they made an H2 specific 9.5ti MM kit?
Hummer Veteran

Old 12-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

excellent....thanks. Just wanted to make sure I could pick from the 9000, 8000, 9.5, etc... multimounts and not have fitment issues. If all it entails is drilling a hole I'm cool with that.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

A 9500 lb winch is barely adequate for a 7000 lb rig. Try to go with a 12K winch.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:01 AM

unaslob is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> A 9500 lb winch is barely adequate for a 7000 lb rig. Try to go with a 12K winch <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, i have the 9000 lb warn and it is not enough. I have been fortunate to get get stuck enough to really get in trouble with it, but have been close. I do carry with me a pulley that doubles my winching ability. but it does decrease the length you can setup a pull. when I finally wear through my wire, I plan on updating to a 12000 lb winch.

unaslob
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 12-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

This was my concern as well...not really interested in tweaking my truck with a winch that's too powerful. I'd almost rather have a winch that will fail before it causes damage as a kind of failsafe.

Especially considering the relatively mild terrain and situations I'm likely to find myself faced with. I'm not a hard core outer limits type of user.

Plus, not being a real hard core user, I don't know if I could justify the cost of the 12k given how frequently I'd actually need it versus the 9.5 or 9000.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

It's not about getting stuck on rocks. There's not much resistance coming off rocks. It's the MUD & SAND you have to worry about. Especially the mud.

A 12K Mile Marker is cheaper than a Warn 9500Ti.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnnyRPM:

Especially considering the relatively mild terrain and situations I'm likely to find myself faced with. I'm not a hard core outer limits type of user.

. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is why I bought the Warn H2 bumper set up. I figured I will not be going out by myself anyhow to Moab or the Mountain trails. That's why i have rear tow loops. Someone else can pull me backwards if needed. Get a pulley to bring with for added pull power.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:09 AM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

Front mounted (although it's on the rear today) Warn 9000 MM...
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2004, 04:20 AM
Hummer Messiah

Yeah, very nice- except for the chrome mirror caps and door handles. And short people steps.

BTW, you're aware that you have a light fetish, right?
Old 12-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a short person fettish, too.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adam in CO:
I have a short person fettish, too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh really...? Sick Bastard.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:08 PM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

Can anyone tell a newbie why Adam's winching cable is blue? I've never seen that before.
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 12-31-2004, 08:29 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GeorgeSSSS:
Can anyone tell a newbie why Adam's winching cable is blue? I've never seen that before. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

His winch cable is a bit under the weather.

That is winch rope that he has on there. this rope that he has is just as or almost as strong as the cable. Benefits are it it were to snap, the rope does not store energy. it just drops to the ground. the cable can kill you if it snaps and hits you. the rope is also much easier to wind! PM Adam and he can share more about it. I don't have mine yet so I don't have the specs or anything on it.