H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Hummer Professional

FLYINGBADGER2006 is off the scale

Hey all, I just got Intel from my dealer in Milwaukee that a few dealerships in the Wisconsin area are participating in a Hummer Happenings at South Bend, IN. To be held at the GM Assembly plant for the H1's and H2's. The 2 day event will consist of registration at the Marriott at around 4 P.M. on the 28th and gathering among fellow Hummer owners. The next morning will be breakfast and then lunch to include all day offroading on the factory Hummer Course.

Here's some of the info that was presented on the website:

The HUMMER Happening provides the perfect opportunity to demonstrate the extraordinary capabilities of your HUMMER vehicle. For the off-road beginner, the driving trails will provide a simple yet effective environment for learning to tackle different off-road situations. Off-road veterans will experience more challenging vehicle obstacles located throughout the course.

Because of the various skill levels of participants, a basic orientation course will be held. This session will cover safety issues and the rules of the road. It will also address the seriousness of the off-road experience that drivers will embark upon.

I paid my $50.00 fee and already got my hotel reservation. I do know that space is limited to 50 or so Hummers. But you can bring as many people you can carry in your hummer. I was just wondering if anyone else in the Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin area people are going to this event. It should be cool to attend this one. Grant it its not Moab, Utah. But it was the birth place of the mother of all hummers. Also I here that this course is really challenging. I will most definitely be taking pics of this event and to post them when I get back. Hope to see someone there from these forums.

Here's the website:
http://www.hummerhappenings.com/2005...AILS_WISC2.htm
Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Hummer Professional

Hey all, I just got Intel from my dealer in Milwaukee that a few dealerships in the Wisconsin area are participating in a Hummer Happenings at South Bend, IN. To be held at the GM Assembly plant for the H1's and H2's. The 2 day event will consist of registration at the Marriott at around 4 P.M. on the 28th and gathering among fellow Hummer owners. The next morning will be breakfast and then lunch to include all day offroading on the factory Hummer Course.

The HUMMER Happening provides the perfect opportunity to demonstrate the extraordinary capabilities of your HUMMER vehicle. For the off-road beginner, the driving trails will provide a simple yet effective environment for learning to tackle different off-road situations. Off-road veterans will experience more challenging vehicle obstacles located throughout the course.

Because of the various skill levels of participants, a basic orientation course will be held. This session will cover safety issues and the rules of the road. It will also address the seriousness of the off-road experience that drivers will embark upon.

I paid my $50.00 fee and already got my hotel reservation. I do know that space is limited to 50 or so Hummers. But you can bring as many people you can carry in your hummer. I was just wondering if anyone else in the Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin area people are going to this event. It should be cool to attend this one. Grant it its not Moab, Utah. But it was the birth place of the mother of all hummers. Also I here that this course is really challenging. I will most definitely be taking pics of this event and to post them when I get back. Hope to see someone there from these forums.

Here's the website:
http://www.hummerhappenings.com/2005...AILS_WISC2.htm
Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FLYINGBADGER2006:

Here's the website:
http://www.hummerhappenings.com/2005...AILS_WISC2.htm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds like sweet time dude have fun.I am off to Sunday River,Maine for the weekend of the 21st for my first Hummer Happening sponsored by my dealer.They are nice enough to take my side bars off and reinstall when I get back.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Hummer Professional

Yep. I will have to go and get mine removed to.
Have fun bro and take lots of pics!
And keep it right side up!
Old 10-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FLYINGBADGER2006:
Yep. I will have to go and get mine removed to.
Have fun bro and take lots of pics!
And keep it right side up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking about taking my laptop and web cam and have live site for peeps to watch.If I could find a wireless spot I could make that happen.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck finding a wireless hot spot in Bethel (Sunday River). Now, I'll admit its been a few years since I was there last. Unless things have changed a lot, they practically roll up the sidewalks in the off season (read: Spring, Summer, Fall).

I do have to say I am Soooooo very jealous. I won't be getting my H3 until the spring . When it does come I can't wait to join you. I have to keep remembering that thing about patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a…

Screw That! I want my H3 now!

Deep breath... Patience is a virtue....

Old 10-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ipedog:
Screw That! I want my H3 now!

Deep breath... Patience is a virtue.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel your pain man As they say, all good things come to those that wait.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

Newbie... check you PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:12 AM
Hummer Novice

CTH3 is off the scale

Hey First Hummer, do you have anymore details on that trip to Maine? Terrain, accomodations, 1 or 2 day etc... Thanks
Old 10-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CTH3:
Hey First Hummer, do you have anymore details on that trip to Maine? Terrain, accomodations, 1 or 2 day etc... Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here are the Details.
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2005, 07:11 PM

magnumpi77 is off the scale

You know, I'm only curious here, FlyingBadger2006, it seems to me that everytime you talk about your local dealer, your ripping them to shreds, complaining about their salesmen, complaining about their prices, and on and on, but when it comes to going on thier off-road trips, your first in line, you sound like the kind of HUMMER owner that makes the rest of us look bad...complain complain complain...wait...did I hear Free?
Old 10-12-2005, 04:27 AM
Hummer Professional

Badger2006, it seems to me that everytime you talk about your local dealer, your ripping them to shreds, complaining about their salesmen, complaining about their prices, and on and on, but when it comes to going on thier off-road trips, your first in line, you sound like the kind of HUMMER owner that makes the rest of us look bad...complain complain complain...wait...did I hear Free?

First of all, This is my first Hummer Event. Second, I personally walked in there with a friend who had checkbook in hand and title to his 2004 Toyota truck (which is paid in full)ready, Ready to sign the paperwork. But we got no one to greet us outside. After 10 minutes my friend and I thought we were getting the cold treatment.( I don't know if it was becuase we were still in our Air Force uniforms.{Car sales myth - Military people = No Money} I mean where are the sales people? So I go inside and BOOM, the 1st person to say hi was the Lot boy. Then I goto the desk and I wait a short while. The girl at the desk was doing her paperwork and looked too busy to look up. Then, she notices me and I ask for a salesman. She gets on the phone and gets this older guy whos cubicle was 6 feet from her desk. I will not bore you with details,(Refer to my Aug. post regarding the sales experience), But this guys fly was open, his button down oxford shirt looked like he slept in it and all he wanted to do was talk about HIS military experience. Blah, Blah, blah. Cmon, I was later told he was a new hire. For petes sake. Send this guy to Hummer Sales School 101! Not once did he show intrest in the trade-in. He didnt even want to go outside and look at it. He broke out the Hummer scrach & sniff book and wanted my friend to choose a color and options. WHY?? When there is six to seven H3's on the lot!! Point Blank, This guy lacked the skills to close a deal. Now you may had a good experience with the Sales Dept. I only wished we would of got the same attention you did. Now as for the Service Dept. This is a subject that I have not mention on this website. I don't really need to. My experience with the Service Dept. has been awesome and pleasent. I have been treated with a lot of respect and as a valued customer. Now, should I mention that, on this blog, that Bergstrom has a great Service Dept? It's not like all H1, H2, H3 owners will start flocking to Milwaukee cause of a free car wash with oil change. Hummer owners in the Southern Wisconsin area should already know that Bergstrom Hummer Service Dept. in MKE has reputation for taking care of there customers. Now as for the dealer prices at the Parts Dept. Hey, the Parts Dept. has to make a buck too. We all know that anyone of us can buy a SMA air intake from H3 Source for a lot cheaper than the Dealers Parts Dept. Hell, I just bought a set of mudflaps there two weeks ago and paid 85 bucks for them, and for an 130 bucks they would have done the install. Now thats a good deal, to me anyways. Considering that there was a thread about this very subject of dealers charging 150 per hour to install mudflaps. It would seem that Bergstrom is not screwing anyone over on mudflap installs.
On my last visit the Parts guy was telling me about how some dude on this site slammed his dealership. I wanted to laugh because I was the guy who slammed them. I didnt tell him it was me. I should of told him that it was me who wrote up the thread, and explained that its not the Parts or Service Departments that are F**Ked up, It was the guys on the front lines.(The Sales Dept.)that need a kick in the pants.
Complain, complain, complain, Yeah, Damn Right!
Hell most of the posts here are about complaining. It should be noted that I got a call from GM survey people today. I told them that when it came to servicing my H3. I mentioned the names of the people in the Service Dept. at Bergstrom and how awesome and professional they were in seeing my needs were takin care of. I'll give credit were credit is due and slamdunk the others who deserve it.
..........and whats this free thing???
Old 10-12-2005, 12:48 PM

magnumpi77 is off the scale

OK, OK, I'll give credit where credit is due, honestly, THIS last post of yours is the only time I've heard you say ANYTHING good about your local dealership, so now that you've said it, I understand. I'm from the Fox Valley, but have been to the Milwaukee dealership, and in my eyes, they are a true class act. Unfortunatly, I can't go to this Hummer Happening. But I went to the last two, very good times! Hope you enjoy it. Sorry about your sales experience at Milwaukee, If you see Jason in service (he rocks), tell him Melissa says hi.
I included the free comment, because It's sometimes embarrassing hanging around the dealership (or forums) and listing to owners beeotch about prices...constantly. Hey, these are expensive luxury trucks, EXPECT to pay more people! I'm not saying you should get robbed for accessories and so forth, but for God's sake, if you go into a HUMMER dealer and yell the word FRRREEEE!!! You're likely to get mobbed!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GM owns an assembly plant in South Bend. Since when?
Old 10-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Hummer Professional

(GM in 1999 acquired exclusive ownership of the Hummer brand name.) So would'nt that make it a GM Plant? If not, Then the AM General Plant in South Bend. Who cares who owns it. The off-road track is there! Subaru could have a plant in Indiana, and if they had a killer off-road course there and Hummer Happenings were going to go there, I would go.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Hummer Novice

EFnetOper is off the scale

I also bought my H3 at Bergstrom of Milwaukee. I love the vehicle and the service has been pretty good there but I have to say, the sales department sucked. We were treated as tho we were a bother. I assume it was because they were used to $70k - $120k purchases as opposed to a $35k purchase and despise dealing with the "poor(er)" people. The finance department was even worse, they kept coming back with percentage rates in the teens (12-13%) and as we found loans at lower rates (9% on down to 5-7%) they somehow were able to match them, amazing eh? We ended up financing with our credit union for around 6%. It's sad that they take this approach as the fact is, without the H3 and its hopeful sales to the masses that can afford it as opposed to the people that can afford an H1 or H2, Hummer was doomed as a company. They should see the H3 sales as a possible savior of their jobs.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:56 AM
Hummer Professional

Amen to that Brother.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:11 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

You will have a blast! I have been to the course 3 times. The trails are great and the people are really nice.
Have fun on the infield rocks and hills. Have the camera ready.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

CLAYDOG is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by usetosellhummer:
You will have a blast! I have been to the course 3 times. The trails are great and the people are really nice.
Have fun on the infield rocks and hills. Have the camera ready. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said. I'll be out there for my 2nd trip this friday.