H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-09-2012, 03:29 AM
Elcova Newbie

Kummer is on a distinguished road
Default Extended ride height will not hold

Hi all, thanks for the help in advance. 2005 SUT LX Adventure package with air ride. To recap system has worked fine until last winter. Occasionally when it is really cold the rear drops down...Suggestions ? Starting last spring extended air ride will not hold. It rises up when the button is pressed, gets to max height and drops down again. Then it goes through this process again, and keep repeating until I shut it down. I have had a left rear position sensor code flashing since I got the truck but have never had any problems until now.

Both sides drop, not just one. I have the airbags to replace since they need it anyway but dont think that is the problem since I have checked the system for leaks and did not find any.... Has anyone suffered this problem ?
Old 11-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Extended ride height will not hold

Could be a couple of things. Could be a puncture in the airbag, but it sounds like you checked that. Could be one of the air hoses or the connections on them, and it could be something with the compressor. That is probably why you are popping codes, because the calibration levers sense it is not functioning or holding properly.

Check your hoses and their connections, check your airbags again for holes (soapy water), and if you don't find it there, drop your compressor and check where the hoses go into the compressor. You may need to just take your compressor to someone to test to see if it is holding pressure.

Should be super easy to diagnose those three things and find the problem.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 11-16-2012, 04:12 AM
Elcova Newbie

KruBruder is on a distinguished road

If your bags are old, they could be dry rotted enough to get a leak close to the bottom at the crease where they roll back up. It could be a slow leak during normal use but as they flex out and become exposed when you raise it up they would leak more causing the issue that you describe. This is what happened to mine. Even at normal height, if I parked at an angle that would extend a bag more than normal the dry rotted part would flex and allow it to leak more. I have replaced my bags three times in the last year. When I replaced my OEM bags due to dry rot I went with a cheap set from Ebay(Suncore I think). One blew out when I over extended it during off roading. The other blew out when I hooked a trailer to my H2 and the weight blew out the bag. I bought an "OEM" set($185/pr) from AirBag It .com. One blew out in less than 10 miles and they both broke the top tabs off because the retaining clip wouldn't hold them in place. I bought my last set from the dealer($185@) because they are the best you can find. If they don't say Firestone on them they just won't last. It's a good idea to replace the air lines going from the bags to the compressor also($12@). When you pull the lines out of the existing bags they get scored all the way around them and usually cause a small leak when reinserted into the new bag.
I'm sure you know this but I'll put it in here for anyone else that has air suspension issue and does a search. The compressor won't turn on with any of the doors open except the hatch and the extended height automatically lowers when you reach a certain speed.I think it's 45 for mine.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:12 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you may have 2 possible problems. Def airbag rot if at extended height the system loses pressure quicker than when at trim height, as stated above bags tend to dry rot and crack at the bottom, when they are extended the leak gets worse. I would address that first. If left sensor code continues to set, id bet dollars to doughnuts left ride height sensor is bad. I have had to diagnose over 100 ride height sensor problems, left side is 99 Percent of the time the sensor. Right side always is the harness has a break in a wire, almost always. Not sure why but that is what i have always found