H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Grandman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">sane & mature successful adults who can afford Hummers,

Well if your driving an H 2 that may apply to you , this is the H3 section so affording an H3 is not really a point giving there pricing . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The H3 is by no means an expensive vehicle but with an average cost of purchase being $35K and up, they are not exactly cheap either. You have to have a decent job/income to really be able to afford one so I wouldn't say the statement doesn't apply.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 02-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Steve - SanJose

Whatever. When in doubt on this forum, try to be as caustic as possible.

If I was poorly educated, broke, divorced, asset poor, unemployed, underemployed, non-functional, unfit, etc., I would have more time to waste and post thousands of worthless posts!

But some portion of the info on this forum is helpful for H3 owners and wannabe owners.

S.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

I saw a Hummer internal marketing DVD, presented prior to the launch of the H3.
It had some interesting demographics, based upon Hummer's marketing research. Compared to H1 and H2 buyers, H3 buyers were forecast to be:
1. Better educated; at least 33% college graduates vs. 15% college graduate H1 and H2 buyers.
2. More self-assured, as opposed to caring what others think and status conscious.
3. Comfortable, yet lower income than H1/H2 buyers.
4. Younger and many more females.
5. More concerned with value for the dollar.
I had just traded my H3, for an H2 SUT, when I saw the DVD. Needless to say, I wasn't happy that research revealed that I'm most likely a poorly educated, older male, with low self-esteem, and more money than sense.
As I said, these are Hummer marketing conclusions, not mine; so don't flame me.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.4L PSD, XLT, 4x4, LB.
2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2003 Land Rover Discovery S.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
2007 Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:59 PM

Grandman is off the scale

I dont seem to fit in the H 3 group then . I only had a 2 year degree , pretty much an ornery old red neck with a lot of real world knowledge but can hardly run a PC
Old 02-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey that many more female part , does that mean we will get lucky more often LOLOL
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 02-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
hey that many more female part , does that mean we will get lucky more often

Yeah. Forget about all the male ranting. More female posts, with pictures, please. Pretty please.
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 02-09-2006, 01:35 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Huck,

SO.. you expect a Hummer forum to be boring and informative? Read H2Finally's post again- that was beautiful H.

People with Hummers have bought them with the good money they have earned with their talent and intelligence- and they have taken that money and plunked it down to buy the funnest most unique vehicles on the planet.

Hence, in this collaboration of individuals- you appear shocked that their gathering place is fun and entertaining.

Let's gander at one of your first posts shall we:

Quote:
Originally posted by Huck BB62:
I posted on another forum, found this one. There seems to be a LOT more activity on this forum! What a vehicle. You folks offroadin' are an inspiration.

'06 H3 with adventure pack. The side bars are coming off tomorrow, rock sliders going on. <span class="ev_code_RED">Dee dee dee, I should have bought a Volvo wagon.</span>

Now this indicates that you are well aware of the other forums out there.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:04 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i get dirty looks from Volvo wagons and i like it that way
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 02-09-2006, 03:34 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
Huck,

SO.. you expect a Hummer forum to be boring and informative? Read H2Finally's post again- that was beautiful H.

People with Hummers have bought them with the good money they have earned with their talent and intelligence- and they have taken that money and plunked it down to buy the funnest most unique vehicles on the planet.

Hence, in this collaboration of individuals- you appear shocked that their gathering place is fun and entertaining.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Huck BB62:
I posted on another forum, found this one. There seems to be a LOT more activity on this forum! What a vehicle. You folks offroadin' are an inspiration.

'06 H3 with adventure pack. The side bars are coming off tomorrow, rock sliders going on. <span class="ev_code_RED">Dee dee dee, I should have bought a Volvo wagon.</span>

Now this indicates that you are well aware of the other forums out there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dayum, you actually went back and read my posts. Now that's dedicated harrassment!

H2Finally talks TO people, not about 'em, and not down to them. Pretty good manners, and the effort is appreciated. Sinking to the lowest common denominator, particularly on the web, seems to be a hobby of some.

Today, I feel better. Drove over to a neighbor's house to check out an old still site from the prohibition days and scope out some giant ponderosa pine trunks for bear carvings. The knee feels like I've got gravel stuck in it but what the hell. Top open, windows down, 150' tall trees all around, blue sky, the horses, puppies, chickens, cows, hawks. Life it good. I'm thinking late night posting while breaking off of heavy duty pain killers was not a good idea. Seems like I touched a nerve or ten.

Sorry to offend you folks and interrupt your fun. That is all.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't apologize, it was about to get good until H2F stepped in. BTW, you'd be amazed at just how many of us have met face-to-face and how many sarcastic inside jokes are going on right in front of your face. Here's one coming now: H2F, get back to work!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

Chip is off the scale

It doesn't bother me in fact it makes me feel young again. There is a lot of good H-3 stuff on this board compared with the few others. Most 4x4 boards are a lot like this. So I keep hoping maybe some of these youngsters will invite me to go with them, I could be the guide. We could get one of the soccer mom's to be my chaperon.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
Huck,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Huck BB62:

Now this indicates that you are well aware of the other forums out there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dayum, you actually went back and read my posts. Now that's dedicated harrassment!

H2Finally talks TO people, not about 'em, and not down to them. Pretty good manners, and the effort is appreciated. Sinking to the lowest common denominator, particularly on the web, seems to be a hobby of some.

Today, I feel better. Drove over to a neighbor's house to check out an old still site from the prohibition days and scope out some giant ponderosa pine trunks for bear carvings. The knee feels like I've got gravel stuck in it but what the hell. Top open, windows down, 150' tall trees all around, blue sky, the horses, puppies, chickens, cows, hawks. Life it good. I'm thinking late night posting while breaking off of heavy duty pain killers was not a good idea. Seems like I touched a nerve or ten.

Sorry to offend you folks and interrupt your fun. That is all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good boy, I knew you would come around.

Now go get that foresaken pebble out of your knee and have fun......Poo Poo Breath.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the patience.

I know this is off topic, but any tips on dealing with the quagmire of dealing with Blue Shield would be good. I swear, they're not a medical insurance company, they're just a bunch of Dave Slaters saying "No, No, No, No, No, No" You can't BELIEVE things they try to weasel out of every single thing they can. I never hear 'em complaining when they get the $14k a year from me and the company! Twenty one years, I never went to the doctor and paid premiums, now that I'm breaking down from the years of work, I'm treated like some low life panhandler. It's enough to make one go postal.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Huck - I'm going through the same thing with Blue Cross PPO right now. I had the hospital try to bill me $9K directly because of BC's billing errors. This was in May and they still haven't figured it out. The one thing I've learned is to document EVERYTHING!!! Keep all your EOB's handy, get names of everyone you talk to, etc. And then just keep hounding them.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:
Thanks for the patience.

I know this is off topic, but any tips on dealing with the quagmire of dealing with Blue Shield would be good. I swear, they're not a medical insurance company, they're just a bunch of Dave Slaters saying "No, No, No, No, No, No" You can't BELIEVE things they try to weasel out of every single thing they can. I never hear 'em complaining when they get the $14k a year from me and the company! Twenty one years, I never went to the doctor and paid premiums, now that I'm breaking down from the years of work, I'm treated like some low life panhandler. It's enough to make one go postal.

off topic: Huck BB62 - Thanks for the heads-up on Blue Shield. I have this insurance but so far no problems. But my claims have only been a few hundred bucks so far.

S.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it ok to post bewbies now?
Old 02-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
Is it ok to post bewbies now?

I would think so!

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 02-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bill1065 is off the scale

I really didn't think much of this thread until I was helping my 14 year old God daughter with her geometry while browzing the Elcova H3 forum photo section of this site, looking for add-ons (like the XTC light bar)for my new black H3.It was then I noticed her peering over to see what I was doing and she commented on the H3 rims in a photo. It was then it really hit home that avitars showing flames shooting out of a woman's butt and cartoons of a woman's bust flopping around, etc. is not the kind of thing I would be comfy with in a family setting or even my kind of friends. It just had not occurred to me until that moment that this site will be something I will have to hide from people and friends in order to get needed information from other actual H3 users. But if this is what the majority wants and approves of I guess I'll have to respect that. I am a newbee here and really need the info on what is a practical self-install and what is not, and I have yet to come across an H3 site with people as knowledgeable as some of you are. Don't be upset; I don't expect the exotic avitars to dissappear, but felt I should give my honest opinion. Like it was forstated; no one is twisting my arm to be here. It is my choice until I decide to move on.