H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Bill, I think you put it how others that have complained should have put it. You have not tried to impose what you want to see or not to see on everyone else on here. You are simply voicing your observation on it and not asking for any kind of change. If I had children around I would be careful of what I looked at on here when they were around but I don't so not worries. Now if your friends would be upset by it but you never really noticed, are they really good friends with such different view that you have to hide this site from them. Not questioning your friendships or choices in friends, just asking a question.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 02-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Steve - SanJose

Yea the flaming butt picture is cool. Oops I mean not good family entertainment.

The reality is that very little of this forum resembles the true Hummer world or reflects the typical Hummer owner. But it's still sometimes amusing and helpful.

S.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bill1065 is off the scale

Guess what I'm really trying to say it was a bit of a wake up call to me, and as you say; certainly I will have to be more careful. My friends are the kind of friends I really want. It's not so much an idea to upset them as much as giving them a misleading impression about me, when all I really want is the know how to install a light bar. I really don't know how else to explain it, but I hope you get my drift.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you the one with the flaming butt/bewbie avatar? Then why would your friends get the wrong idea? This is a forum populated by adults (mostly ) who express themselves in different ways. Their actions are not a reflection on you.

If the images are really an issue for you, then turn them off.

Old 02-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill1065:
Guess what I'm really trying to say it was a bit of a wake up call to me, and as you say; certainly I will have to be more careful. My friends are the kind of friends I really want. It's not so much an idea to upset them as much as giving them a misleading impression about me, when all I really want is the know how to install a light bar. I really don't know how else to explain it, but I hope you get my drift.

I think we all understand and I hope you do find the info you need here. Hopefully you will also have info that someone else is looking for.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 02-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill1065:

I would be embarrassed to have people think I was viewing vulgar pics, in the presence of a 14 year old.
I have defended people, on child sex abuse charges, who did less.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.4L PSD, XLT, 4x4, LB.
2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2003 Land Rover Discovery S.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
2007 Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bill1065 is off the scale

Well, I've made it plain as I possibly can Sewie. Now all I'm asking is a way to do as you recommend; turn the Avitars off, but I can find no option for that, unless you or someone can help there. Any advise would be appreciated.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Hummer Professional

deicustoms1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course it wouldn't shock a 14 year old, but it's not his kid, it's his God daughter.

Go borrow your neighbors kid and show him tits and ass and see what his parents have to say to you!
Old 02-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by deicustoms:
Of course it wouldn't shock a 14 year old, but it's not his kid, it's his God daughter.

Go borrow your neighbors kid and show him tits and ass and see what his parents have to say to you!

As well as what the police say, when they arrest you.

2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Alec W:
Give me a break, you think the tit avatar and flaming butt are gonna shock a 14 year old?
What world do you live in and don't you think that same 14 year old is saying words like **** with her friends in school?

So, if 14 year olds have sex, with each other, you believe that adults ( over 18 yoa, by law ) are allowed to have sex with them?
Try it. In MD, you face life imprisonment, even if the 14 year old consented.

2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Hummer Professional

deicustoms1 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not shock factor, it's parents not wanting their kids exposed to such things especially by other people. Would you have a problem sending your daughter over to your brothers house and having your brother show her pictures of tits and boobs?

If not that's messed up....
Old 02-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deicustoms:

As well as what the police say, when they arrest you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think when I was about 14 was when I realized that if I jack off the stiffy for a while stuff comes out.

OMG you people are so uptight and evidently live a sheltered puritan life </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again, you espouse that because 14 year olds are allegedly aware of sex, it is alright for adults to show them dirty pics.
I've heard that rationale before. Of course, I was defending a pedophile.

2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This is absurd!

How the hell do you relate statutory rape with a kid seeing no more than what they see on MTV or Beavis and Butthead?

To suggest that what goes on here is somehow criminal is, in and of itself, criminal. To twist things into a soap box standing spew of nonsense is ridiculous. You are the ones that should be ashamed of yourselves, if you truly feel that the avatars and crap here are so damning. It's your irresponsibility to continue posting and/or viewing post here under the guise of getting information for your vehicle.

If you want to learn crap about your truck in a stale, colorless environment go grab a service manual and read it.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:55 AM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
This is absurd!

How the hell do you relate statutory rape with a kid seeing no more than what they see on MTV or Beavis and Butthead?

To suggest that what goes on here is somehow criminal is, in and of itself, criminal. To twist things into a soap box standing spew of nonsense is ridiculous. You are the ones that should be ashamed of yourselves, if you truly feel that the avatars and crap here are so damning. It's your irresponsibility to continue posting and/or viewing post here under the guise of getting information for your vehicle.

If you want to learn crap about your truck in a stale, colorless environment go grab a service manual and read it.

The very grapic pictures and avatars, posted on this forum, are not suitable for children.
Do you understand, pervert?

2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.