H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 01-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road
Default spotlight search help

Sometime in the wee ours of last night I found a post about remote spotlights that was in another thread. The link showed two black and white H3's police vehicles with them mounted. It was I believe Lone Tree Colorado. Now I can't find it. I was searching three Hummer sites. If anybody knows where that is please post a link. I ordered two and the guy told me if I put a link for them that anybody ordering would get a discount. If its not here, when I find it I will post some info. I should have them Friday and can give a review.

Thanks
Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:19 AM
Hummer Professional

Default Re: spotlight search help

Call off the dogs somebody found it.

http://www.magnalight.com/pc-122-45-...ck-to-buy.aspx
They have a new model out but its more money. This will work for me. I figured what the heck get two. You can run two by programming the remotes to different codes. To get two to work you have to disconnect the other while progamming. They cleared that up for me today. No need to have to mount a wired remote. Im thinking of velcroing both remotes on the dash. This will be great for me guiding off road trails and think how great it will be if you are out winching by yourself and need to reaim the light. This aint yor daddys apillar drilled out farm truck lite! Robert said if anybody mentions this forum he can "take care of you" for the next two weeks. I think they are dropping inventory on this model to be replaced by the stryker model. Check it out. I will post pictures and review hopefully Friday. I have a run over at the Superlift Park Saturday and I can use these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6x4spot.jpg (152.8 KB, 387 views)
File Type: jpg 6x4spotsnow.jpg (121.9 KB, 393 views)
Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:46 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

There going to look great

You will have a bigger blind spot though
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:02 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunner
Call off the dogs somebody found it.

http://www.magnalight.com/pc-122-45-...ck-to-buy.aspx
They have a new model out but its more money. This will work for me. I figured what the heck get two. You can run two by programming the remotes to different codes. To get two to work you have to disconnect the other while progamming. They cleared that up for me today. No need to have to mount a wired remote. Im thinking of velcroing both remotes on the dash. This will be great for me guiding off road trails and think how great it will be if you are out winching by yourself and need to reaim the light. This aint yor daddys apillar drilled out farm truck lite! Robert said if anybody mentions this forum he can "take care of you" for the next two weeks. I think they are dropping inventory on this model to be replaced by the stryker model. Check it out. I will post pictures and review hopefully Friday. I have a run over at the Superlift Park Saturday and I can use these.

how are you planning on mounting them. In the same place as the cop trucks or in a different place? Those police H3s look awsome!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:40 AM
Hummer Professional

I already painted my air vents textured black. Im going to use SS hardware and thru bolt them on those like the others. Blind spots? Anything under my radar gets squashed! These cold days and nights are really costing me money. The shop is heated, ha ha I might do some coon hunting. The Superlift Park is having a big screen tv superbowl party but Im going to make a night run for the non or semi football crowd. We will look like aliens coming out of the woods. I will have to change my avatar. Im working on my black hood shields also to cut back glare. I guess I posted the vents before but this will be the "before" picture. Come on UPS!
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2007, 04:09 AM
Hummer Authority

K9sH3 is on a distinguished road

Hunner, Here is my point of view....

They will be stolen from you. WHY? As you already know those vent covers pop right off. So how long (hopefully never) untill someone else see them and knows how easy it will be to take.
You and I are on the same page in the aftermarket product out there. I too wanted those lights months ago. When I did my pro and cons and talked about the idea of this, Every single person under 25 said that someone would steal them.
So, if you do decide on them. Think of a more permanent placement or somehow bolt the vents down as well.

Good luck and let me know what ya did.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:53 AM
Hummer Professional

Im researching several ideas about securing the whole assembly down from underneath. I would tell you about it but I would have to,,,, well you know. Im not very often out of sight of my vehicle or I am in a secure area. Like in fenced in boat yards and Im right there. It stays inside at home. I have never been to a mall in it. ha ha I know when you least expect it, it happens. I have a paging alarm because of other equipment and I can shoot pretty straight from a distance. (note Im in Arkansas) I don't like to feel like I should do without things because of that. In some countries they cut off a hand for each offense. That would slow them down! I have planned to get an extra set of vents and using disconnects under the hood. Then if Im on a trip to unknown parts I just pop them off and store them in a Pelican case. I already have extra foam to cut. It's too bad we have to do all this.

Last edited by Hunner : 01-31-2007 at 05:56 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:03 AM
Hummer Authority

K9sH3 is on a distinguished road

Yeah man, I hear ya. It does suck to do all that. I frucking hate punks that steal shiat and we have to talk about ways to avoid their arse. I like the quick disconnect, great idea.
Let me know how you end up on the install, I will wear the BP vest and/or body armour.

my GF's kid saw your pic and thought it was my 3, then he went to go look at the winch I added and came back saying someone took it.... I never had a winch on mine. OH thank god he is not mine... (not the brightest bulb).
Old 01-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Have a similar remote on my boat mouted forward and glare & obstruction is at times a big problem. Suggest either forward near your winch or topside behind your lightbar. No glare, no detach, and less likely to attract low lifes. Good luck!
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 01-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Hummer Professional

My boat is a sailboat and I mounted one on the bow sprit so there is no boat under it. It even has running lights on that model.
Mounting on the roof it would be removed on the trails I go on. Roof lights have survived so far. Mounting permanent is not an option on the roof and on the rack would be too tall. I could use the mag mount up there but I really like this idea better.

Had a weird experience checking on the cowl/hood vents. Dealership did some swapping around and in the change got new parts people to the Hummers. Have not got a clue. Couldn't look them up, went to the back and came back and said "those are after market" good thing I had just swallowed a big gulp of Dr. Pepper or it would have come out my nose. I said could you turn that mysterious screen around so I can see it and call up a "sploaded diaphram" of that Hummer H3?? Duh

They come unfinished, I don't know if that means blackish gray or what. Paint to match it says. NO problemo, what's your point?

L 19120871
R19120872
You can order a set for only $127.07 EACH

I put my name on the hot call list at my 2 favorite wrecking yards!!
Remember the Johnnie Cash song about stealing a Cadillac one part at a time?
Can you imagine buying an H3 one part at a time. That would be an interesting project to figure out.
Surprise UPS tracking says I will have my lights today. Wow they only had to come from Dallas to Little Rock but still Im impressed. I gathered up all the parts I need and started wiring. They usually run about 4pm, stay tuned..............