H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 03-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Errors stab sys, traction control, serve 4wd

I exercise my transfer case and Hi & Low lock and Diff lock once a week . You know what they say....Use it or lose it.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Getting a similar message...
"Service Stability System Traction Failed"
Since this alarm came in on the DIC the cruise control no longer engaged.

How can I clear this or do I need the big ride to the dealer @ 3 3/4 years and 28,000 miles. Will warrentee cover?
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpage
Getting a similar message...
"Service Stability System Traction Failed"
Since this alarm came in on the DIC the cruise control no longer engaged.

How can I clear this or do I need the big ride to the dealer @ 3 3/4 years and 28,000 miles. Will warrentee cover?

The cruise control is tied into the Stability System..which will turn off cruise if you do any kind of a advoidence maneuver ..so they are related to each other.

Two weeks ago I received a Check Engine light... I called OnStar. They said it came back as a sensor in the emission system. Any way they said it was ok to drive the 3 but to go to the dealer within 7 days.

But first I disconnected the negitive battery terminal for about 1 min. Then re connnected it and started the 3. The light was gone and so was the code set. Re-checked with OnStar and they said I was cool.

I would first try disconnenting the neg battery terminal for 1 min and re connect it and see what happens. Also while it's off clean the terminal and connector.

But keep in mind if you do that you will lose all saved destinations in you NAV unit. If you have one.

Good Luck..
Old 06-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Hummer Novice

cnynctry is on a distinguished road

There can be a number of things that cause that eror light to come on. Besides what those above mentions you can add the brake switch either faulty or miss-aligned. Brake lights wont be working as a hint that it could be the cause. Worse than microsoft windows for error messages as to what is REALY wrong. Happened on mine. Reached under there and activated the brake switch a few times and a shot of WD-40 and code is gone. No return issues since July 08.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Hummer Guru

VNV,
Thanks for that negative cable pull. Did not do it for my rig. Called On Star today. they said its a minor alarm and may be fuel related? They recommend service visit within 7 days if it does not come clear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
The cruise control is tied into the Stability System..which will turn off cruise if you do any kind of a advoidence maneuver ..so they are related to each other.

Two weeks ago I received a Check Engine light... I called OnStar. They said it came back as a sensor in the emission system. Any way they said it was ok to drive the 3 but to go to the dealer within 7 days.

But first I disconnected the negitive battery terminal for about 1 min. Then re connnected it and started the 3. The light was gone and so was the code set. Re-checked with OnStar and they said I was cool.

I would first try disconnenting the neg battery terminal for 1 min and re connect it and see what happens. Also while it's off clean the terminal and connector.

But keep in mind if you do that you will lose all saved destinations in you NAV unit. If you have one.

Good Luck..
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 06-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
VNV,
Thanks for that negative cable pull. Did not do it for my rig. Called On Star today. they said its a minor alarm and may be fuel related? They recommend service visit within 7 days if it does not come clear...

Me bet-ya when you pull the Battery Cable it'll be gone...Also...check and make sure your fule cap is on tight... that will set a code if lose.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Hummer Guru

VN Vette,
Thanks for the suggestions but no luck with those two...

cnynctry,
Can you clarify what you are saying here...
Spray wd 40 into the brake pedal relay switch? And operate it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnynctry
There can be a number of things that cause that eror light to come on. Besides what those above mentions you can add the brake switch either faulty or miss-aligned. Brake lights wont be working as a hint that it could be the cause. Worse than microsoft windows for error messages as to what is REALY wrong. Happened on mine. Reached under there and activated the brake switch a few times and a shot of WD-40 and code is gone. No return issues since July 08.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
VN Vette,
Thanks for the suggestions but no luck with those two...

cnynctry,
Can you clarify what you are saying here...
Spray wd 40 into the brake pedal relay switch? And operate it...

I think what he means is to locate the breake light switch which should be somewhere along the brake pedal shaft ... Shoot some WD 40 or Contact cleaner on the button that sides in and out of the switch housing.. while moving the brake pedal in and out. This will hopefully clen the contacts of the switch when the cleaner runs down inside to the contacts.

If your brake lights are working.... then so is the switch, so this would be Moot.

Sorry it didn't work out after the battery cable pull. Looks like a trip to your dealer is in your future.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Hummer Guru

The GMC tech found and corrected the problem in less then a hour. The problem a short circuit blew the 15 amp tailight fuse killing my brake lights and cruise control. He reset the code and good to go...

Thanks for the advice!

Had no idea my brake lights were out so the flashing DIC light was good after all.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 06-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
The GMC tech found and corrected the problem in less then a hour. The problem a short circuit blew the 15 amp tailight fuse killing my brake lights and cruise control. He reset the code and good to go...

Thanks for the advice!

Had no idea my brake lights were out so the flashing DIC light was good after all.

That was a $3000.00 Warranty Repair..
Old 06-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
That was a $3000.00 Warranty Repair..

Asplund GMC on Rt 72 Manahawkin NJ about 30 miles closer than my Hummer service worked out great. ..
The OnStar agent looked them up set the appointment and waited while we set the appointment.
In and out in one hour. Totally satisfied. Outstanding experience.

Confidence in GM for this customer is very high
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 06-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Hummer Authority

Did you guys get this Letter..??

Dear Mark,

We value the commitment you've made to our brand over the years. And today, we're happy to inform you that this commitment will be rewarded with a healthier, more robust, more innovative HUMMER.

We are pleased to announce that HUMMER has found a new investment partner who is dedicated to advancing the most capable off-road vehicles on the planet, vehicles that you've enjoyed driving and we've enjoyed making for you.

We're sure you're wondering what that means for you as a HUMMER owner.

First, rest assured, GM and HUMMER plan to honor all vehicle warranties for the length of their terms of coverage. You can also continue to expect the highest level of customer service from your local HUMMER dealer.

Second, all vehicles will still be produced in the United States, maintaining roughly 3,000 jobs — and an experienced automotive team will handle global operations from its headquarters in the U.S.

Third, we will stay true to our heritage of building innovative, class-leading, capable vehicles with the HUMMER styling you know and love. In fact, this new partnership will allow us to renew our commitment to the improved, efficient vehicles that you demand today, while focusing on bringing you technologies like alternative fuels and diesel engines in the future.

Thank you, once again, for your loyalty to the HUMMER brand. Through this new partnership and your unwavering support, we will continue to be Like Nothing Else.

To learn more about the future, go to HUMMER.com

Best Regards,

Jim Taylor
HUMMER CEO

Old 09-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Elcova Rookie

bsfh3 is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: Errors stab sys, traction control, serve 4wd

2006 H3. I have been having a problem with lights coming on. I had it towed to the dealer and @11k miles. They replaced the brake switch. The light came on, at 17k, the ebcm needed to be replaced. At 25k miles, another ebcm needed, once again at 29k master was ordered. The dealership closed and I couldn't get the part installed until it happened again at the new dealer. It finally came back on and the dealer said to resurface rotors? I didn't really understand why because I had the brakes done only @10k miles back. I was told we have to follow procedure, and the service advisor told me that they found the brake problem (kinda by accident). Turns out contamination of brake fluid from factory they believe. The brakes lines were bulging, broken inside near connector. Parts have to be located now, I am just mad that I bring it in all the time, on time, for service and concerns. Now they notice this after all this time? I need this posted just to make people aware. Thank goodness nothing happened, I always have my young child in this car. I have been nervous driving it because of the concerns, now I am afraid. I was told all the parts which have plastic on it are getting replaced. Shouldn't everything? Will this totally correct the problem? Please help. Regional manager told me that they have to search for parts because my car is not the only one with this concern!!! Check the brake lines for contaminated fluid..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:56 AM
Hummer Authority

Sorry to hear that dude.

I wold follow up with a call directly to HUMMER at HUMMER.com on their contact link and get a case # started so HUMMER can follow up also. I always call HUMMER direct. Good luck with you ride.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Elcova Rookie

bsfh3 is on a distinguished road

Car is still at a dealer, the final part should be coming in tomorrow. The repair will be around $6k. (under warranty). The person at dealer told me the other car was an H3 (not and H2) and the regional rep. told me that they have been having a lot with this problem. This is the reason why I am posting this on the sites. Just to make other H3 owners to look at the brake lines, or just to inform you just in case you are having similar concerns since it?s a safety concern. The lines probably only lasted this long because after having the EBCM replaced twice they have to flush and replace the fluid. Other than the problems, I love the truck.