H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-29-2005, 10:34 PM

Kahloq is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kahloq:
You are the idiot because you make assumptions on what I've said without asking for any clarification.
Yes, you may have been in the Marines and good for you. I was in the ARMY and I also know a thing or two about them as I WAS in an artillery unit. 4/41 Artilery/ 3rd brigade / 24th infantry Division - Fort benning, GA.
Did I EVER say we pulled a 155MM cannon as a regular event? No, you make an assumption and make a complete ass out of yourself. I stated that the humvee COULD pull it. Did I say how fast? No! Did I say we pulled it down the highway? No! I simply stated that a humvee CAN pull one if absolutely necessary, cuz we DID several times because of the 5 ton trucks that were broke down. We had to pull them out of the mud(there is a lot of clay and mud at Ft Benning). The tow capacity is a recommended max on highway at reasonable speeds. Not the absolute MAX the vehicle can pull without ripping the rear ends out. Maybe YOU guys need to go back to school. I have never said one thing that is bull**** here. You ppl just all want to jump on the bandwagon when you see something that MIGHT make sense to U when someone is attempting to spoutncrap at someone. TOO BAD your wrong.
Under nomral circumstances, I would agree that a humvee is not something to pull a 155mm cannon around, but it CAN do it. I have DONE it.
Maybe next time, you might try civility and actually ask someone for more details before you go spouting off bull**** Paragon, because you made a complete moron of yourself.

Sfox, I never once said the balloon popped for H2 sales. In fact, I hope they continue to sell. I like Hummers and have no problem with them in general. However, even with all your arguements, you just as me, can't speak for the 60K H2 owners. You are part of the enthusiast crowd and thats fine, but they don't represent all 60K owners either and dont pretend they do. As far as taking marketing classes....I've done that already thankyou. Maybe you should. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well to continue forward with this manic line of conversation. I can't say that I am familiar with any artillery operations occuring aat Benning. Every person that I know that has sserved in some artillery unit spent time at Fort Sill Oklahoma.

I do understand that Benning has a nice display of artillery and mechanized infantry pieces, maybe you had to move a M198 that is one of the show pieces.....Oh I am getting bored and tiresome. Just tell me what exactly was your MOS. You know you missed the perfect opportunity to pretend to be a Ranger since they train at Benning. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not going to claim something I wasn't. I haven't done so in this thread so why would I now? Why would you think I would need to pretend about anything. I don't owe you an explanation. You try to impune me by your implications! But, to shut you up, my MOS was 88M. As you may know, that's Motor Transport Operator. You know, like 5-tons, hemmtt's, semi's, and of course humvees. I was initially assigned to 4/41 artillery when i first got to Ft Benning and no they were not a show piece unit Paragon. Full duty and deployable statis. I was there at that unit for 4 months until the higher brass decided they wanted 88M's assigned to other units where they were doing the job they were trained for more or less(like driving larger vehicles then 5 tons, humvee's since anyone can do that). BTW, I was part of the support platoon for the headquarters company. There were a few occasions during a week training mission for the arti's that we(support platoon) had to pull out the towed pieces because the line units vehicles broke down. On 3 occasions we used humvees to pull them out and for well over 1000 yards, not a few feet Sfox(duh!!!!!!).
After the 4 months, I was reassigned along with all other 88M's to other units within 3rd Brigade. The next assingment was 2-18 Infantry(just my luck)..again placed in the Support Platoon of the HHC. 2-18 is a mechanized Infantry and did have several companies that were outfitted with Bradleys. And again, 3rd Brigade was a combat ready Unit(which included 4-41 artillery).
Maybe, since you seem to think you know so much, you should have done a bit of research on Ft. Benning before making your assinine statement about show pieces.
Also, Sfox, unlike you, I have not made any inaccurate statements in this thread. It was required to quantify some of them because you and others have made assumptions and jumped to several conclusions that were completely false regarding things I've stated. That shows a lot about your intelligence, or lack of.
I can at least give Attila some credit for actually asking a question(why I sold the surplus humvee), instead of making up a reason and trying to slap it on me much like you, Sfox , have done throughout this thread. You are a very ignorant person Sfox and I actually feel sorry for you. I guess maybe you bought a Hummer to make up for something, maybe to make yourself feel better?
Old 01-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kahloq:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
You are the idiot because you make assumptions on what I've said without asking for any clarification.
Yes, you may have been in the Marines and good for you. I was in the ARMY and I also know a thing or two about them as I WAS in an artillery unit. 4/41 Artilery/ 3rd brigade / 24th infantry Division - Fort benning, GA.
Did I EVER say we pulled a 155MM cannon as a regular event? No, you make an assumption and make a complete ass out of yourself. I stated that the humvee COULD pull it. Did I say how fast? No! Did I say we pulled it down the highway? No! I simply stated that a humvee CAN pull one if absolutely necessary, cuz we DID several times because of the 5 ton trucks that were broke down. We had to pull them out of the mud(there is a lot of clay and mud at Ft Benning). The tow capacity is a recommended max on highway at reasonable speeds. Not the absolute MAX the vehicle can pull without ripping the rear ends out. Maybe YOU guys need to go back to school. I have never said one thing that is bull**** here. You ppl just all want to jump on the bandwagon when you see something that MIGHT make sense to U when someone is attempting to spoutncrap at someone. TOO BAD your wrong.
Under nomral circumstances, I would agree that a humvee is not something to pull a 155mm cannon around, but it CAN do it. I have DONE it.
Maybe next time, you might try civility and actually ask someone for more details before you go spouting off bull**** Paragon, because you made a complete moron of yourself.

Sfox, I never once said the balloon popped for H2 sales. In fact, I hope they continue to sell. I like Hummers and have no problem with them in general. However, even with all your arguements, you just as me, can't speak for the 60K H2 owners. You are part of the enthusiast crowd and thats fine, but they don't represent all 60K owners either and dont pretend they do. As far as taking marketing classes....I've done that already thankyou. Maybe you should. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well to continue forward with this manic line of conversation. I can't say that I am familiar with any artillery operations occuring aat Benning. Every person that I know that has sserved in some artillery unit spent time at Fort Sill Oklahoma.

I do understand that Benning has a nice display of artillery and mechanized infantry pieces, maybe you had to move a M198 that is one of the show pieces.....Oh I am getting bored and tiresome. Just tell me what exactly was your MOS. You know you missed the perfect opportunity to pretend to be a Ranger since they train at Benning. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not going to claim something I wasn't. I haven't done so in this thread so why would I now? Why would you think I would need to pretend about anything. I don't owe you an explanation. You try to impune me by your implications! But, to shut you up, my MOS was 88M. As you may know, that's Motor Transport Operator. You know, like 5-tons, hemmtt's, semi's, and of course humvees. I was initially assigned to 4/41 artillery when i first got to Ft Benning and no they were not a show piece unit Paragon. Full duty and deployable statis. I was there at that unit for 4 months until the higher brass decided they wanted 88M's assigned to other units where they were doing the job they were trained for more or less(like driving larger vehicles then 5 tons, humvee's since anyone can do that). BTW, I was part of the support platoon for the headquarters company. There were a few occasions during a week training mission for the arti's that we(support platoon) had to pull out the towed pieces because the line units vehicles broke down. On 3 occasions we used humvees to pull them out and for well over 1000 yards, not a few feet Sfox(duh!!!!!!).
After the 4 months, I was reassigned along with all other 88M's to other units within 3rd Brigade. The next assingment was 2-18 Infantry(just my luck)..again placed in the Support Platoon of the HHC. 2-18 is a mechanized Infantry and did have several companies that were outfitted with Bradleys. And again, 3rd Brigade was a combat ready Unit(which included 4-41 artillery).
Maybe, since you seem to think you know so much, you should have done a bit of research on Ft. Benning before making your assinine statement about show pieces.
Also, Sfox, unlike you, I have not made any inaccurate statements in this thread. It was required to quantify some of them because you and others have made assumptions and jumped to several conclusions that were completely false regarding things I've stated. That shows a lot about your intelligence, or lack of.
I can at least give Attila some credit for actually asking a question(why I sold the surplus humvee), instead of making up a reason and trying to slap it on me much like you, Sfox , have done throughout this thread. You are a very ignorant person Sfox and I actually feel sorry for you. I guess maybe you bought a Hummer to make up for something, maybe to make yourself feel better? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Damn, are you still here. Could you do me a favor, just summarize in one sentence what you think you are trying to say. I am afraid I don't have the attention span to try to read all of the gobbly-gook you just typed. I noticed you said that your MOS was 88M, but you failed to give what class of 88M. I mean that is really what the MOS is about.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Oh.....didn't you say that no dodge diesel truck could pull a 155 but the Humvee can. So now it's that someone was farting around and dragged one with a Humvee. And a Dodge pickup with a higher tow rating than the Humvee couldn't pull it. Right? That is what you said isn't it.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:34 AM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

Wow.....what a lively discussion. Convinced me. I am going out to put a deposit this week on a new H3. My reasons...it will meet my limited towing needs, provide reasonable gas mileage (I also have a 2004 Prius which I am selling for the Hummer....now that should get a lot of people mad), and looks great. As for its power.....WHO CARES. After my Prius, it will seem fine.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:14 AM

Kahloq is off the scale

Oh.....didn't you say that no dodge diesel truck could pull a 155 but the Humvee can. So now it's that someone was farting around and dragged one with a Humvee. And a Dodge pickup with a higher tow rating than the Humvee couldn't pull it. Right? That is what you said isn't it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason the Dodge won't pull it is because the FRAME of that dodge will not support it. Yeah the dodge has the muscle to do it, but not the body and frame. The humvee has a much more durable frame and heavy load bearing capacity then any other civilan pickup truck. You should know that seeing as you at least say you own an H2. As far as not reading through the previous post, well thats your loss. Maybe you woulda learned something.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

Here is a link to a pic showing the rear-end.....comments.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/gallery/...lbum=25&pos=16
Old 02-09-2005, 03:57 PM

Kahloq is off the scale

Nice link Funpilot thanks My wife wants to get an H3.