Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > General Hummer Talk > Off-Roading

Old 01-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any trails ? Bradenton Fla,Delray Fla,Taber City NC

Planning a road trip in mid Feb,Im staying in above places.
Im looking for some light trails(any trails I can run with my steps ) for about a hour of fun and sight seeing.
Beaches that can be driven on also.

Road trip
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

H Duece is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any trails ? Bradenton Fla,Delray Fla,Taber City NC

The only beach I know of in Florida that you can drive on is Daytona Beach (east coast of Florida, a bit south of St. Augustine).

I don't know any trails in the areas you're headed to, but if you want to hit Naples on a Sunday, then I'd be more than happy to take you out on some trails.

Fair warning, the trails can be a little tight in some places...so if you're one of those guys who hate scratches on your truck, then I'd recommend shields. If you don't have shields, I'll be more than happy to sell you mine for $150 (they cost me about $300). They've never been used and are white.

Oh, and Naples is a bit south of Bradenton (thinkin' about 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive).
Old 01-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Hummer Guru

There has to be other beaches then Datona that you can drive on?

No tight trails(I dont mind a tight spot,I like tight spots )

Just looking for something close for a little fun.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:28 AM
Hummer Veteran

If there's a beach other than Daytona to drive on, then I haven't heard of it. Maybe up in the panhandle area?

As for off roading in Naples...there aren't any wide trails. Wide spots, but no wide trails. What color is your Hummer? The scratches don't show up too bad on my yellow one.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Hummer Guru

Talking Re: Any trails ? Bradenton Fla,Delray Fla,Taber City NC

Trails ,I need local trail info,local beach info.Where do you FLA and NC guys wheel? Just looking for something for a hour or so of fun.
Im leaving in 16 days
Old 01-31-2007, 05:18 AM
Hummer Authority

K9sH3 is on a distinguished road

442 PM sent...

in the same area as Daytona, you can drive on New Symrna beach. There is a few small trails in Canaveral Groves (Brevard County) Mostly mud pitts.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:21 AM
Hummer Authority

K9sH3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Duece
The only beach I know of in Florida that you can drive on is Daytona Beach (east coast of Florida, a bit south of St. Augustine).

I don't know any trails in the areas you're headed to, but if you want to hit Naples on a Sunday, then I'd be more than happy to take you out on some trails.

Fair warning, the trails can be a little tight in some places...so if you're one of those guys who hate scratches on your truck, then I'd recommend shields. If you don't have shields, I'll be more than happy to sell you mine for $150 (they cost me about $300). They've never been used and are white.

Oh, and Naples is a bit south of Bradenton (thinkin' about 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive).

I am intested in your shields?? tell me more info or pm me
Old 01-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Hummer Guru

K9 thanks, new smyrna beach is 200 miles from delray and canaveral groves is 153 miles away.A little to far im only going to be on east coast for 1 or 2 days.I was looking more for west coast trails/ beach info i will be on west coast for 4 or 5 days. thanks again
Old 02-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Hummer Guru

Got a hook up a trail 9 miles from my folks in bradenton.
RT64 and kay rd bradenton

more would be good at any location ill be at.

Pic below taken there,I got the pic and the location from the suncoast flatlanders forum.Lots of jeeps but they welcomed me and the 3 .
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

Let me know what day you're going there...I might be up for a road trip.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:07 AM
Hummer Guru

Probobly the 13th or 14th,not sure how big a place,might not be worth the 4 or 5 hr drive.Im trying to get more info on it.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

FLA_H3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
Got a hook up a trail 9 miles from my folks in bradenton.
RT64 and kay rd bradenton

more would be good at any location ill be at.

Pic below taken there,I got the pic and the location from the suncoast flatlanders forum.Lots of jeeps but they welcomed me and the 3 .

I met these guys up in a Three Lake Ride last Sunday. Nice people very interested in how much H3 would do against their Jeeps. As you can imagine the H held its own.

They were commenting on how they would go through the mud pits slow and I was just flying through them. Very fun ride and very tame trails.

Here is a link from my view of the ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIfxqhWDJXk

Last edited by FLA_H3 : 02-03-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:16 AM
Hummer Guru

Flah3 were is that.list the location
Did you hit any trails off of rt64?
Tame trails are good dad is going to be 78

That guy in the p/u did he have 4WD ?
I like taken the puddles fast,more fun and if you go slow you could get stuck
Old 02-04-2007, 06:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

FLA_H3 is on a distinguished road

Location is three lake wildlife managment area, off of 441 just north of 60 (Yeehaw Junction). $6 per rig to get in and they will give you a Trail map.

The Dodge did have 4 wheel dr. He just tried to go the hole with out it on. There are a few deep hole so I suggest to go with another truck just incase.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Hummer Guru

Three lakes is about 2 hours from delray,Im only going to delray for 1 day so I probobly wont have time to get there.
Im going to be on the west coast for 4 days and thats were my parents are and dads into a hour or to of wheeling.
I think Ill check out the place 9 miles from them.
I will be by myself and if I did get stuck Im sure someone will pull me out.Also my brother lives in bradenton and has a VW that could pull me out in a emergency,(wont hear the end of that)

When I wheel by myself I take it easy and havent been stuck yet ,
I will air down if needed.
When I was in Ga this past july I got worried being a few miles in on some trails alone but I maid it out.

I also run upstate trails alone and been lucky.

A winch will eventually solve that problem.