H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 12-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road
Smile Thank God for 4 wheel drive!

Man with 2 feet of snow around the northeast its nice to have a good 4x4...
With the 4H locked and the anti slip engaged its a solid performer in the slop
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 12-24-2009, 06:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

DAGKANA is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Thank God for 4 wheel drive!

Wpage where are you located, how much did you get dumped on your door step?
315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on OEM black Powder Coated Rims/ Bilstein Cognitos w/ Trail Duty 1/2" Bump Stops/ BA Winch Bumper & Motoalliance Viper 12,000lb Winch/ Warn Hawse Fairlead / Manik Black Powder Coated Hood Handles/ Steelcraft Tail Light Guards/ Predator Motorsports Black Powder Coated Locking Fuel Door/ General Motors OEM Under Carriage Protection/ General Motors Rocker Panel Protection / BA Rear Shock Mount Skid Plates/ 60" Hi Lift Jack Extreme/
Old 12-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Hummer Guru

Jersey Shore...
22" with some awesome drifts!
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 12-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

DAGKANA is on a distinguished road

Wow nice! We got spared up here in CT with about 8-12" around the state with the shoreline getting the most of it...

Have you ever taking your rig to wharton?
315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on OEM black Powder Coated Rims/ Bilstein Cognitos w/ Trail Duty 1/2" Bump Stops/ BA Winch Bumper & Motoalliance Viper 12,000lb Winch/ Warn Hawse Fairlead / Manik Black Powder Coated Hood Handles/ Steelcraft Tail Light Guards/ Predator Motorsports Black Powder Coated Locking Fuel Door/ General Motors OEM Under Carriage Protection/ General Motors Rocker Panel Protection / BA Rear Shock Mount Skid Plates/ 60" Hi Lift Jack Extreme/
Old 12-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpage
Jersey Shore...
22" with some awesome drifts!

I was out in the deep snow...about 10" on a rescue mission at my buddys house. Seems he started out to the 7-11 for some extra food and got stuck at the end of his drive way in his 09 Chevy Malibu. WTF was he thinking?

Went over in the H2 ...Locked up the rear diff and 4 wheel low ...hooked up my 3 " Recovery strap... and yanked him ou of the ditch at the end of his drive way.

Then I took him to the 7-11. Total White out and unplowed roads. The H2 felt like it was on dry ground. What a great Rig!! I'm in Love. I was the only vechile on the road. Man that was fun....He was Very Very Impressed!

"Like nothing Else"

Bet your gald you had those Off Road Mats you Bought from Me.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Hummer Guru

Amen Brother! The mats are nice...The deep ribs catch the water from the ice and snow. Long term no cancer from the inside.

Bet that big black H2 looked like a giant chunk of coal in a white out. You said it like nothing else. Specially in mud or snow.
W
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpage
Amen Brother! The mats are nice...The deep ribs catch the water from the ice and snow. Long term no cancer from the inside.

Bet that big black H2 looked like a giant chunk of coal in a white out. You said it like nothing else. Specially in mud or snow.
W

Cool...Glad your using them for what they were designed for. I wish they maid a set for the 2009 H2 like that. They don't even make a set yet for the 2009 H2 even though ther listed as 2009 their for an 08. They have the round disc's not the deep ribs like the 3's

Old 03-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

cdmintmi is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Thank God for 4 wheel drive!

Ive never gotten more s**t lately for owning a car than I have in the past couple months. Everyone started calling my H3 a Chinese Jeep for a while then that fell through and they started in with all sorts of crap. But when I made it back to NC from Little Rock Arkansas on December 19th with over 20 inches of snow and drifts up to 3 ft, I finally got some props. I dont care what anyone says about the H3, it kicks the crap out of snow. There were probably 2000 people that just left their cars in the middle of US 81 near Johnson City TN and US 26 Asheville NC, but the 3 just hit the median, pushing snow with the front bumper and kept on going. I pulled 12 people out of the ditch including a stock Jeep (which I wont say much about cuase Im not really a jeep hater, but I will say I sure wish I had a picture). Keep your batteries world, I like my hummer!!!
06 H3, Boulder Grey (somtimes/mostly just mud, color of mud varies), Leveling Kit, 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's, Westin chrome nerf bar, chrome brush guard, Chrome kit, chrome roof bars, navigation, XM,
brush gaurd lights. Want: 4" or 6" lift, rock rails to replace the steps, roof rack w/lights, want a rack above the spare on rear door, custom seat covers...should be done then but I doubt it
Old 03-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

DC_Roller is on a distinguished road

I hear ya, I was LOVING the 22" and then the 30+" during the storms here in DC. I had no troubles getting around while all my friends who gave me crap about buying my H3 were calling me for rides.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:07 AM
Hummer Authority

I'll pop in here ..I now own a H2 and had a loaded out Off Road Package 2007 H3. That was one of the best rides I'v ever driven. I'm an old F....
66 and I've driven alot of rigs over the years ..but I gotta say that H3 Kicked Ass off road and in the snow.

What a Little Monster as HUMMER call's it. A Fantastic bang for the buck!
I too have run thru some very heavy snow out her in New Joisey and north. The H3 just plowed thru like it was on rails..

Old 03-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm an older person too, and I've owned many 4 X4s. I got one of the first H3s when they came out in May of 2005 and drove it everywhere (including the Midwest to the Yukon) in all kinds of conditions and just loved it, so much so that like VV I bought an H2, but still miss the H3 (might have to get another H3 and be a two Hummer family). My son has the old H3 in Colorado and it's racked up 110,000 miles and going strong. He put Goodyear MT/Rs on it and likes the traction in snow, but he does notice that they are noisier than the ATs I had on it.
We've had a lot of snow in the Ozarks this winter and the Hummer has done very well. It's funny how friends come out of the woodwork when there's 10 inches of snow out and they need something. We have a lot of mud and gravel roads, so in the spring rains, I've had mud up to the rocker panels and driven through the creek by the house with almost 3 feet of water in it (it's only about 20 feet wide). I've owned a Jeep Wrangler and the Hummer does what the Jeep did in more comfort and with just as much or more capability, especially when it comes to water crossings. I think the blast of nasty weather we've had this winter is giving people a new respect for the Hummer and what they can do.

Last edited by HummerJim : 03-02-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Hummer Professional

wingn69 is on a distinguished road

with HummerJim but Im still a young guy in my 40's and only driven trucks or SUV and with all the bad weather we are currently having My Hummer has paid for it self over this winter. when my boss calls me and asks if I could get to the office to pull on call duty because I was the only one who could get threw the snow. My cell phone # was given out to co-workers if they got stuck or needed help and could not get out. Im a H2 guy but saw alot of H3 out this winter here in Germany.
2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

cdmintmi is on a distinguished road

For my birthday (today) the good lord gave me a present of more snow to play around in. I posted some pics in the H3 Photos forum. It wasnt much 4 or 5 inches but it lifted my spirits since im on the road away from the wife and family and 30 now....where did the time go???

I love my H3. Anyone else have a name for theirs. The wife calls mine Hunter
06 H3, Boulder Grey (somtimes/mostly just mud, color of mud varies), Leveling Kit, 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's, Westin chrome nerf bar, chrome brush guard, Chrome kit, chrome roof bars, navigation, XM,
brush gaurd lights. Want: 4" or 6" lift, rock rails to replace the steps, roof rack w/lights, want a rack above the spare on rear door, custom seat covers...should be done then but I doubt it
Old 03-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmintmi
For my birthday (today) the good lord gave me a present of more snow to play around in. I posted some pics in the H3 Photos forum. It wasnt much 4 or 5 inches but it lifted my spirits since im on the road away from the wife and family and 30 now....where did the time go???

I love my H3. Anyone else have a name for theirs. The wife calls mine
Hunter

Yeah.. My H2 Is called ..."Fat Boy"
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I was calling it humme (thats all they can fit on registation)
But after seeing this polital cartoon in the paper yesterday its now called Hummersaurus
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
I was calling it humme (thats all they can fit on registation)
But after seeing this polital cartoon in the paper yesterday its now called Hummersaurus

Now that is cool... Kind Of Pisses you off to see them make fun of the Rig.. Effer's
Old 05-20-2010, 04:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

thedieter is off the scale

We named our H3 "Poppy" as it is a native Californian as am I. California Poppy is the state flower about the same color (yellow gold).

We moved to Yakima Washington in Oct. '07 and have had great results in up to 9" of snow.

Best regards, Jack