H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Elcova Rookie

FNGH3 is on a distinguished road
Default New Guy - Hello All

My Jeep Wrangler finally bit the dust with rust and many miles. I drove a friend's 2008 H3 last week and I loved it. I've always wanted a Hummer anyway. I'm getting ready to drop some dollars on a 2010 or new 2009 H3. I just have three questions: if Tengzhong completes the deal will I be able to use a GM dealer for warranty work or will it have to be one of their designated Hummer dealers?
If the Tengzhong deal with GM fails (which is something I think might happen and has hastened my decision to get an H3) will I be able to go to any GM dealer for warranty work on my H3 even though they've gotten rid of the Hummer brand? How well do the cloth seats wear??

Hope to be joining your ranks soon and posting some pictures if I pull the trigger on the H3.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Guy - Hello All

If Tengzhong completes the deal they would be responsible for warranty work, so from that aspect you might be better off if the deal doesn't go though because there are GM dealerships everywhere and very few Hummer dealers now.
If they don't seal the deal, it would be like my daughter's Olds. When GM dropped Olds she got a letter from GM that she could go to any GM dealer for warranty and service. The letter also recommended a Buick/Pontiac dealer in her area as the primary place to take her car. Don't know about the cloth seats. Good luck on finding a Hummer you like!! You'll love it.

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 02-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

DAGKANA is on a distinguished road

FNGH3 where are you from?
What will you be using your H3 for?
I have the cloth seats and mine is an 06 they still look like new... as long as your good to them they'll be good to you
315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on OEM black Powder Coated Rims/ Bilstein Cognitos w/ Trail Duty 1/2" Bump Stops/ BA Winch Bumper & Motoalliance Viper 12,000lb Winch/ Warn Hawse Fairlead / Manik Black Powder Coated Hood Handles/ Steelcraft Tail Light Guards/ Predator Motorsports Black Powder Coated Locking Fuel Door/ General Motors OEM Under Carriage Protection/ General Motors Rocker Panel Protection / BA Rear Shock Mount Skid Plates/ 60" Hi Lift Jack Extreme/
Old 02-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Elcova Rookie

I'm in northern MI not too far from Traverse City, so it's going to see a lot of snow in the winter and mud in the spring. I also looked at a Champion Edition online with all the underbody protection, but it looks to me like you'd have to take some of that off to change the oil and oil filter. I like doing all my own oil and routine maintenance.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Hummer Professional

HumbleAg is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNGH3
I'm in northern MI not too far from Traverse City, so it's going to see a lot of snow in the winter and mud in the spring. I also looked at a Champion Edition online with all the underbody protection, but it looks to me like you'd have to take some of that off to change the oil and oil filter. I like doing all my own oil and routine maintenance.

Welcome and good luck finding your truck! You have to take off the two standard skid plates to change the oil (on any of the H3's). You don't have to remove the underbody protection, although removing the rear skid plate causes it to sag, making it tough to put the rear skid plate back on. I always put a bottle jack under it to keep it propped up.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Elcova Rookie

With the reported demise of the Hummer brand, I called about the Championship Edition H3 I liked and found it had been sold and the 2010 red H3 was sold yesterday too. I'm not sure whether they are more are less willing to deal at the dealerships, but I've decided if I want one, I'm going to have to act fast.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Elcova Rookie

Just got off the phone long distance with a Hummer dealer. The salesman told me, there is nothing definite, but next week GM might increase the powertrain warranty on 2010 H3s from 5yr/100,000 to 7yr/100,000 and basic warranty from 4/50,000 to 5/60,000 to help move them off the dealers' lots. I'm suspicious because I can't believe any salesman would tell you to hold off buying unless he has the one I want promised or sold to someone else. Any truth to this Hummer Guy???
Old 03-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Hummer Novice

FloridaFeMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNGH3
Just got off the phone long distance with a Hummer dealer. The salesman told me, there is nothing definite, but next week GM might increase the powertrain warranty on 2010 H3s from 5yr/100,000 to 7yr/100,000 and basic warranty from 4/50,000 to 5/60,000 to help move them off the dealers' lots. I'm suspicious because I can't believe any salesman would tell you to hold off buying unless he has the one I want promised or sold to someone else. Any truth to this Hummer Guy???

So have you bought your H3 yet?
Old 03-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road

really, where is your H3 then? pic is a proof
Old 04-09-2010, 12:58 AM
Elcova Rookie

I went out and did it last week - a new gray 2009! I've been driving it nonstop and have put 550 miles on it in the first week. I absolutely love it!
Now I just need to get some brush guards and a gobi rack! More pictures when I take it into the forest next week!
Attached Images

Last edited by FNGH3 : 04-09-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats not boulder gray
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Elcova Rookie

It's graphite metallic, you are so right. The boulder gray was a lux with nav and a little over my budget. I haven't gotten much sleep this week, with the new car and the new baby in twelve days, so I'm just getting back to normal. My wife liked the boulder gray and the heated seats, but for my purposes and budget the graphite metallic was just fine. Now our dealer only has two H3s left and he wasn't willing to deal as much as he was last month. Proobably could have bought this cheaper two months ago, but I'm happy just to have one!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

FNG nice color it wasnt available on my 2006.
I had mine for almost 5 years now and still exited and happy with it.
Enjoy
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.