H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 02-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Hummer Professional

H3HUMVEE is off the scale

anyone know how to get the shift knob off of the 5 speed tranny ?? If it's screw on it's f**king really tight it almost feels like it's glued on
Old 02-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Hummer Professional

anyone know how to get the shift knob off of the 5 speed tranny ?? If it's screw on it's f**king really tight it almost feels like it's glued on
Old 02-22-2006, 02:56 AM
Hummer Veteran

PackerFever is off the scale

I checked chiltonsonline.com and they don't even seem to have a manual on the H3 or any other Hummers.
Yellow 06 H3 5 Speed ~ Luxury Off Road, Black and Chrome trim, Sunroof, Leather, XM Monsoon, Brushguard, Rail Steps, Yakima Pro 16, Mud Flaps, Hard Spare Tire Cover, pwdr coat fuel door.... .Riding like a Spirit on the Wind.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Hummer Professional

I have never seen one that was not "screw" on .. if this one is they used lock tight on it or something.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

I haven't checked but could it be that the diagram on the top of the know that shows the shifting pattern is just a cap that pops off and there could be a screw under there? I have not checked but I might in the morning.
Yellow 06 H3 5 Speed ~ Luxury Off Road, Black and Chrome trim, Sunroof, Leather, XM Monsoon, Brushguard, Rail Steps, Yakima Pro 16, Mud Flaps, Hard Spare Tire Cover, pwdr coat fuel door.... .Riding like a Spirit on the Wind.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PackerFever:
I haven't checked but could it be that the diagram on the top of the know that shows the shifting pattern is just a cap that pops off and there could be a screw under there? I have not checked but I might in the morning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK so I checked and I am not sure how to remove the cap...at least it looks like it is a cap that could come off.

After further investigation it also looks like the knob and the shaft may be one piece. If you feel down blow the leather baffel you can feel where it has a base that seems like it may come off within the baffel. Not sure how to get down in there but if that is the way then you would need to replace the entire shaft tin order to have a custom knob.

But I am not sure either way. Although I wouldn't mind putting my old Hurst Shift Handle on mine.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PackerFever:
I haven't checked but could it be that the diagram on the top of the know that shows the shifting pattern is just a cap that pops off and there could be a screw under there? I have not checked but I might in the morning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK so I checked and I am not sure how to remove the cap...at least it looks like it is a cap that could come off.

After further investigation it also looks like the knob and the shaft may be one piece. If you feel down blow the leather baffel you can feel where it has a base that seems like it may come off within the baffel. Not sure how to get down in there but if that is the way then you would need to replace the entire shaft tin order to have a custom knob.

But I am not sure either way. Although I wouldn't mind putting my old Hurst Shift Handle on mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The knob, boot and internal shaft are all one-piece.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Hummer Professional

All one piece .. that sucks thanks for the info f5fstop..
Old 02-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Same as the Solstice and Sky. I believe form manuafacturing, it is less expensive.