H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 02-25-2006, 08:10 AM

DaLittleFortuneKookieMonster is off the scale

Hi all,
Just bought my H3 (metallic blue, hence, "KookieMonster" I had the Pioneer nav installed by a dealer and now changed my mind about XM and wanted to replace it w/ Sirius. I spent an hour look around the glove box area(even removed it) and under the steering wheel but couldn't find this XM tuner module (GEX-P920XM). Does anyone know where it may be located?
Also, since the IP-bus is daisychainable, would it be possible to have both XM & Sirius tuners connected simultaneously?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:10 AM

Hi all,
Just bought my H3 (metallic blue, hence, "KookieMonster" I had the Pioneer nav installed by a dealer and now changed my mind about XM and wanted to replace it w/ Sirius. I spent an hour look around the glove box area(even removed it) and under the steering wheel but couldn't find this XM tuner module (GEX-P920XM). Does anyone know where it may be located?
Also, since the IP-bus is daisychainable, would it be possible to have both XM & Sirius tuners connected simultaneously?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:00 PM

I spoke to the people that did the installation and they said it is located somewhere behind the dashboard. My next question is does anyone know how to remove the dashboard panel? It looks like a big friggin' piece to remove.

T.I.A.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:02 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaLittleFortuneKookieMonster:
I spoke to the people that did the installation and they said it is located somewhere behind the dashboard. My next question is does anyone know how to remove the dashboard panel? It looks like a big friggin' piece to remove.

T.I.A. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
oh, i forgot to mention that w/ the Pioneer AVIC-D1 I can have both XM & Sirius sat tuners installed at the same time (I remember someone was asking about this).
Old 02-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

My Wife\'s Hummer is off the scale

i don't know about the xm/sirius together, but that would be cool. as far as the tuner, the factory one is up above the glove box, but you can only see it with the radio out and looking back into the dash over top of the glove box. box is fairly small. the dealer might have installed the pioneer tuner back in the dash behind/next to the head unit. that is where i am planning on setting mine. hope this helps.

06' H3 Boulder Grey, Lux, Off-Road, AirRaid CAI, TB Spacer, AVIC-D2
Old 02-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

you can do a search, but essentially you put your fingers in the two outlets at the bottom of the dash, put the shifter all the way back in 1st. Pull out. they are snap clips. after it starts to come out, you can work your fingers around to pull out the rest of the clips. there are a bunch of wiring harnesses to detach in order to take it off.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Banned

R2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaLittleFortuneKookieMonster:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes**
Old 02-25-2006, 08:19 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by My Wife's Hummer:
i don't know about the xm/sirius together, but that would be cool. as far as the tuner, the factory one is up above the glove box, but you can only see it with the radio out and looking back into the dash over top of the glove box. box is fairly small. the dealer might have installed the pioneer tuner back in the dash behind/next to the head unit. that is where i am planning on setting mine. hope this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for the response; it helps. Siriusly, you can have both. There are icons for both and since Pioneer uses IP-bus, the Sirius tuner can be plugged into the back of the XM tuner. The installation house wants $180 for installation only, but I want to do it myself.
I removed the glove box and peered to the left and saw the headunit but couldn't find the XM tuner anywhere near it.
Do you know how to get to the back of the dash without having to remove the Pioneer headunit? Would it be possible to remove the whole dashboard panel?
Old 02-25-2006, 08:24 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by My Wife's Hummer:
you can do a search, but essentially you put your fingers in the two outlets at the bottom of the dash, put the shifter all the way back in 1st. Pull out. they are snap clips. after it starts to come out, you can work your fingers around to pull out the rest of the clips. there are a bunch of wiring harnesses to detach in order to take it off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks, i'll give it a try.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:25 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MyNameIsMuchLongerThanAnyOtherNameDaLitt:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for the validation. Have you gotten them installed?
Old 02-26-2006, 05:13 PM

you can do a search, but essentially you put your fingers in the two outlets at the bottom of the dash, put the shifter all the way back in 1st. Pull out. they are snap clips. after it starts to come out, you can work your fingers around to pull out the rest of the clips. there are a bunch of wiring harnesses to detach in order to take it off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks, i'll give it a try. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks very much, MWH!!! Woohoo!!! I got the panel off just as you described and got my Sirius tuner and an audio AUX port (for plugging in my Treo or mp3 player) installed lastnight. Now I have both XM & Sirius installed simultaneously and can tuner to each one individually AND can plug in my Treo w/o having to endure the low quality audio from an FM transmitter.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

that's cool. glad to hear everything worked out for you.