H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

most dealers will not negotiate if you are using a GMID. They will however, give you all other incentives on the vehicle with the GMID.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I figured most wouldn't but is there a reason why they wouldn't? Are they restricted by GM maybe? They way I read it, they would basically make the same money but have a happier customer. I know that a happier customer is not a concern of far too many dealers but just wondering.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 01-12-2006, 05:19 PM

MrsRobinsn2000 is off the scale

I went to my HUMMER dealership the day the very first H3 was on the lot. I bought mine right off the showroom floor so I never even tried to get a discount because there was a very large waiting list for people to buy one. I just considered myself lucky to get mine when I did so I didn't mind paying full price. I knew if I even tried they would say.............."If you don't want this one at the sticker price then we know others that will take it". I love my HUMMER it was worth every penny.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my HUMMER it was worth every penny.

X2
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrsRobinsn2000:
I went to my HUMMER dealership the day the very first H3 was on the lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were you on the waiting list or just go in when one arrived? Just curious because I put down my depost on March 18th and there were already about 20 people ahead of me.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 01-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psywzrd:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viet Nam Vette:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viet Nam Vette:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike E:
Thank you for your support! I hope you get your H3! You will really enjoy it. it's a great rig! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know I will.. It's Built By AMERICANS And By The GENERAL.. Doesn't get any better then that..!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vette:

I'm also in NJ and I couldn't find a local dealer who would honor my GMID certificate (this was back in June/July when I bought my H3). I ended up buying mine from a dealership in Ohio. If you don't have any luck finding a dealer in NJ who'll honor the certificate, PM me and I'll hook you up with my salesperson in Ohio. They even drove the car to me for free! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank You.. I'm printing this post and will let you know.. I wish the new H3's (2007) were out now.. I'll have to wait till March or April to get the Buzz...
Old 01-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FJD:
Royal Hummer, Florham Park NJ honored my GMID. If you need a contact, let me know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thankyou I'm printing your post..
Old 02-01-2006, 02:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

HUMRCHIC is off the scale

OK> Since I just used my uncles GMID (GM IN The Driveway) discount at 23% off, MAKE SURE you talk them down FIRST!!! Then tell them you get a discount!! GM will give you an authorization number for the dealer to use. BUT TALK THEM DOWN FIRST> Mine was 39,000. And I paid 29,000. for it. Gotta love negotiating.
edited to add: I drove 2 1/2 hours for mine.
Moore Cadillac Hummer in Tysons Corner Virginia.
Awesome guys!

See where other H3 owners are. Click Here

http://www.frappr.com/hummerh3owners

Join our Hummer Community and CHAT live with other H3 owners!!!
http://groups.msn.com/H3Owners
Old 02-01-2006, 03:08 AM
Hummer Authority

hmrlvr is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought a GM last year for my wife but knew nothing about the GMID until after I bought the H3. Still love the hell out of it but coulda saved some money.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMRCHIC:
OK> Since I just used my uncles GMID (GM IN The Driveway) discount at 23% off, MAKE SURE you talk them down FIRST!!! Then tell them you get a discount!! GM will give you an authorization number for the dealer to use. BUT TALK THEM DOWN FIRST> Mine was 39,000. And I paid 29,000. for it. Gotta love negotiating.
Awesome guys! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent..!!Thanks I just printed your post for reference.. That's a Great deal..!!..

Was it on the lot or did you order it in..and will that make a difference?? Is it easier for the dealer to order in then it is to sell you off the lot??

Inother words..which way wil get you the better deal..??
Old 02-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hmrlvr:
I bought a GM last year for my wife but knew nothing about the GMID until after I bought the H3. Still love the hell out of it but coulda saved some money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bummer.... That's why I'm glad I found this forum .. There are some really nice people here..and.. Some great people who work for GM.. and Hummer H3 division.

Thanks again for my GMID..
Old 02-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Hummer Professional

HoKC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMRCHIC:

Excellent..!!Thanks I just printed your post for reference.. That's a Great deal..!!..

Was it on the lot or did you order it in..and will that make a difference?? Is it easier for the dealer to order in then it is to sell you off the lot??

Inother words..which way wil get you the better deal..?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a waste of your time to negotiate the price before you tell them that you are getting GMID price. The price is set by GM and printed directly on the invoice. I can tell you that there is definitely something wrong with the above story of gettign a 39k H3 for 29k. Even GMS price which is the cheapest way to get them is not going to be that much. GMS price on a 38k unit is about 33,300 and GMID is about 34,800 if one was sold for 29k then it was a demo or company special event vehicle not straight new vehicle purchase.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Hummer Professional

HoKC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Price is the same whether you order it or you buy it off the lot.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoKC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Price is the same whether you order it or you buy it off the lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks......
Old 02-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoKC:

It is a waste of your time to negotiate the price before you tell them that you are getting GMID price. The price is set by GM and printed directly on the invoice. I can tell you that there is definitely something wrong with the above story of gettign a 39k H3 for 29k. Even GMS price which is the cheapest way to get them is not going to be that much. GMS price on a 38k unit is about 33,300 and GMID is about 34,800 if one was sold for 29k then it was a demo or company special event vehicle not straight new vehicle purchase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SO ..I priced mine out several different ways and I think the highest MSRP was 41 K and Change .So I guess I'm looking at around 36-37K?
Old 02-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

It is a waste of your time to negotiate the price before you tell them that you are getting GMID price. The price is set by GM and printed directly on the invoice. I can tell you that there is definitely something wrong with the above story of gettign a 39k H3 for 29k. Even GMS price which is the cheapest way to get them is not going to be that much. GMS price on a 38k unit is about 33,300 and GMID is about 34,800 if one was sold for 29k then it was a demo or company special event vehicle not straight new vehicle purchase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right.
GMID price, on a Hummer, is about 2% over invoice, minus any rebates, plus $75 dealer fee ( documentation, etc. ) maximum, plus tax and tags.
No way is it close to $10K off msrp/sticker on an H3.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.4L PSD, XLT, 4x4, LB.
2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2003 Land Rover Discovery S.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
2007 Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Hummer Novice

BforBRAD is off the scale

James Hummer in Flemington,NJ accept the GMID certificate.Bought mine there in October, no problems at all.Drove one off the lot in two hours.Great sales staff,very helpful.Hope this helps anyone.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:26 PM

Hrlyrider is off the scale

Move to the Ft. Worth Texas area. MSRP roughly $39,000. We paid $33,920 with the luxury package, off road suspesion package, chrome package, chrome roof rails and home link. Bought in Grapvine Texas on Dec. 19th, 2005.
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2006, 03:31 PM

Hrlyrider is off the scale

also has the sunroof which my wife could not live with out. LOL
Old 02-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

Malibu1 is off the scale

the GM supplier price, which is the same as the GMID, is about 2% BELOW invoice.