H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-24-2007, 06:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3 Tiger is on a distinguished road
Default GM Supplier?

Hello and thanks for all the great info I've gotten by lurking here so far. I'm about to lease a 2007 H3 and have a GM Supplier discount. I was told today that if I am leasing, the $2000 rebate that GM is offering is not available to me. Is this correct? I was under the impression that I could combine this offer with my GMS discount regardless of whether or not I was leasing or purchasing.

If this is in fact correct, I will purchase the H3 instead. I'm just a bit leery of taking this info as fact... especially considering the GM website clearly states a 2 yr lease on a 2007 H3 with an MSRP of $37,000 to be $475 a month with only the first month's payment due at signing + tax, tag, and title of course. This dealer quotes me "around" $510 a month plus $1000 down + tax, tag, and title.

What gives? Thanks in advance for all replies. Btw, I'm in SC so if any of you can recommend a dealer in my area (Ga, NC, SC) I'm all ears.

Chris
Old 01-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Hummer Authority

K9sH3 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GM Supplier?

My only tip for you is not to lease, unless you have spoken to your accountant and see what the real costs will be to you down the road. If you use it as a daily driver for short trips, or for long road trips, and if you actually plan on using it offroad. You need to see what each one of those will effect your lease turn in. You may get hit with a high bill at the end.

Good luck, Your getting a Hummer and either way you will enjoy it
Old 01-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

Malibu1 is off the scale

all applicable rebates should be available with leases, I think. Do a search here on that subject and you should find you answer.

good luck
Old 01-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3 Tiger
Hello and thanks for all the great info I've gotten by lurking here so far. I'm about to lease a 2007 H3 and have a GM Supplier discount. I was told today that if I am leasing, the $2000 rebate that GM is offering is not available to me. Is this correct? I was under the impression that I could combine this offer with my GMS discount regardless of whether or not I was leasing or purchasing.

If this is in fact correct, I will purchase the H3 instead. I'm just a bit leery of taking this info as fact... especially considering the GM website clearly states a 2 yr lease on a 2007 H3 with an MSRP of $37,000 to be $475 a month with only the first month's payment due at signing + tax, tag, and title of course. This dealer quotes me "around" $510 a month plus $1000 down + tax, tag, and title.

What gives? Thanks in advance for all replies. Btw, I'm in SC so if any of you can recommend a dealer in my area (Ga, NC, SC) I'm all ears.

Chris

GMS is NOT a supplier discount it is employee discount.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

There are certain rebates that they don't give on leases or smart-buys because they're getting an incentivized rate. Now, normally there's just a smaller rebate ($500)...I know something just happened with the lease rates in the last week or so that was pretty good news. Also on Hummer.com -- look at what they're putting down to get that payment. Your dealer was saying $1000 down, and on hummer.com its 2579 down, PLUS tax, title, license, (another 2,000 or so?) -- on a base (not even automatic trans)...so -- if you put around 5 grand down on a truck with less options, you'd get closer to that 299 promo payment...that's what Hummer is expecting you do, although I don't know many people who want to put 5 grand down on a lease...whoops -- just realized that wasn't the promo you were talking about -- which website had the promo you were looking at?

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 01-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer Guy
There are certain rebates that they don't give on leases or smart-buys because they're getting an incentivized rate. Now, normally there's just a smaller rebate ($500)...I know something just happened with the lease rates in the last week or so that was pretty good news. Also on Hummer.com -- look at what they're putting down to get that payment. Your dealer was saying $1000 down, and on hummer.com its 2579 down, PLUS tax, title, license, (another 2,000 or so?) -- on a base (not even automatic trans)...so -- if you put around 5 grand down on a truck with less options, you'd get closer to that 299 promo payment...that's what Hummer is expecting you do, although I don't know many people who want to put 5 grand down on a lease...whoops -- just realized that wasn't the promo you were talking about -- which website had the promo you were looking at?

Here is where I'm getting my info... the 24 month "Supplier" payment.

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gme...l/ffld_se.html
Old 01-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
GMS is NOT a supplier discount it is employee discount.

I shouldn't have abbreviated... my bad. Here is the info I was referring to, and thanks for chiming in. It's the 24 month "Supplier" term that I was looking into.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9sH3
My only tip for you is not to lease, unless you have spoken to your accountant and see what the real costs will be to you down the road. If you use it as a daily driver for short trips, or for long road trips, and if you actually plan on using it offroad. You need to see what each one of those will effect your lease turn in. You may get hit with a high bill at the end.

Good luck, Your getting a Hummer and either way you will enjoy it

Thanks... I have always purchased my vehicles in the past, but was looking hard at the 2 yr low mileage lease that is available at "Supplier" pricing. Thanks for your input... definitely good advice.

Chris
Old 01-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu1
all applicable rebates should be available with leases, I think. Do a search here on that subject and you should find you answer.

good luck

Thanks man... I thought so too. I was just being lazy not using the search feature. Appreciate the input.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

looks like tax, title, license are not included -- ask the dealer to put the TTL ammount as a down payment, plus the required money down -- even if you're not going to do that, that should bring you to that promotional payment. Have you told the dealer that's the website you're looking at? Make sure they know -- that way they can figure out exactly whats going on with the deal. But, My guess is that $50 in payment difference is the TT&L...it seems about right.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 01-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

The lease deals they put on the website are SmartLease prices.. A good size down payment and VERY tight mileage restrictions.. 10,000 a year (883 a month) with a very high overage penalty.. Like 50 cents a mile.. If you plan on keeping the truck at the end of the lease the miles don't matter except that you'll be VERY upside down on owed vs truck value...

The SmartBuy Lease kinda made sense for me as I don't drive the truck much or far... I typically ride the bike and do twice as many miles on it... Of course I'm finding I'm having problems staying out of the Hummer.. I'm hitting right at 800 per month right now and trying to save a few make a trip out to Colorado in July.. Of course right now I'm planning on keeping it at the end of the lease unless Hummer comes out with some really great stuff before the 32 month lease is up...

Rob
Old 01-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

nychot is on a distinguished road

i did a 27 month lease on my '07 in early december. i was told the same thing -- the $2000 is only for purchase, not lease. i got $750 plus $250, for a total of $1000. i got a fully loaded '07 lux (no nav) for under $500 inlcuding my states tax of about $30. so it was about $470 before tax. i thought it was a great deal. and i like the short term. btw, i gave $1500 up front included all fees, first month, and a little cap cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3 Tiger

Chris

Last edited by nychot : 01-24-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

nychot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychot
i did a 27 month lease on my '07 in early december. i was told the same thing -- the $2000 is only for purchase, not lease. i got $750 plus $250, for a total of $1000. i got a fully loaded '07 lux (no nav) for under $500 inlcuding my states tax of about $30. so it was about $470 before tax. i thought it was a great deal. and i like the short term. btw, i gave $1500 up front included all fees, first month, and a little cap cost.

just checked the deal was $462-a-month plus my state sales tax. not bad, imo
Old 01-25-2007, 01:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer Guy
looks like tax, title, license are not included -- ask the dealer to put the TTL ammount as a down payment, plus the required money down -- even if you're not going to do that, that should bring you to that promotional payment. Have you told the dealer that's the website you're looking at? Make sure they know -- that way they can figure out exactly whats going on with the deal. But, My guess is that $50 in payment difference is the TT&L...it seems about right.

I printed the info out today and will fax it to the dealer tomorrow. The additional $35 or so in the payment would make sense I guess if it was because of the tax, title, and license, but the sales tax is capped at $300 in SC. Don't worry though... they make it up in property taxes every year.

Thanks for your input...

Chris
Old 01-25-2007, 01:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychot

That sounds very reasonable... I'm getting a fully loaded Luxury pkg minus the nav too and should be at the $475 a month with only the first month payment down. Thanks for the info... I appreciate it.

Chris