H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-10-2005, 12:49 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

TAZ..the above system seems to be available. You can start with a basic system and add from there. For prices just do a search for "defi hud system"
Old 05-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Taz,

I want to draft a longer reply when I get time to re-read your last long post. For now, sufficeth to say, somebody's watchin over you and giving you some extra time. I'm glad to know you are making such good use of it.

Be well,
Old 05-10-2005, 03:03 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Thanks for Your help Jonahs!!

tower I have done allot in my short life and had allot of things happen to Me or been done to Me by others some would called bad I guess.

I had some of the Youth at Church that I have worked with for many years and know Me well, say to Me one time not long ago, man somebody should make a movie out of Your life.
I told Him why it has only been interesting to Me as well as painful, happy, sad, and any other adjective You could think of. I would think eveyone has had a life like that, just to one degree or another better or worse.

Got a big laugh and that was what counted. Many do not have anyone to make them laugh so I try to leave them with that at least when they go on about Their week.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 05-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

Black 05 is off the scale

I still would like to see the Head Up Display from a Corvette work in a H2.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:24 AM
Hummer Authority

Getting back in touch with BLOWNZ06 now. I hope we can pick this back up this week or next. Been real busy getting Mall Queen ready for a show but, now getting sicker than a dog and looking bad to go. Just a sinus infection but, I fight immune weakness alittle still but, nothing like before. It is supposed to be raining all day Saturday so that takes allot of the fun out of it. 3000 cars, trucks, suvs, tractor's, tricylces and I quess about anything else that can be driven or pulled in. So needless to say not an inside show and do not care to stand in the rain because of health. There are 2 big ones in Texas I think 1 in June and 1 in July that I hope to get to. Do not have dates or places with Me right now but, when time gets closer I'll let Texas Guys know and maybe some can come by and see Me to say Hi. Have picked up some sponsors and got some last minute stuff and changed from the funcky graphics to an artist doing some air brush designs to look at. Painter finshed painting the supercharger Stealth Gray and polishing all the fins and raised surfaces on it now. Changed what we were doing to a nicer paint job on SC so it will delay install till after weekend. We are painting allot of the brakets and pulleys to match and decided to chrome just about everything We can find under the hood.
Hoping to have HUD worked out with BLOWNZ06 by end of May if not sooner. He is sort of waiting on Me but, to many projects and not enough hands. He has been working on a nice seemless way to mount if We can get it to work. From His comments and towers along with a few others it seems like it should be doable. They both opperate on class 2 serial feeds and did find the Vette does have a board in back of cluster that should be able to be removed and it will translate the serial feed to signal projector can understand. If My Hummer Ser. Manager and the regional Service director for Chevy both undertood what I asked the h2 and vette send the same feeds but, just not enabled in H2 but, they are there. The taps would have to be located as I have not been able to find the numbers for them on the H2 PCM from the 2004 Techline software from GM and the Hummer Ser. manager has not called Me back with locations, he is trying to find out for sure. Most likely I'm not looking in the right place in the software but, really have been busy on the Queen and had to drop it for just a short while.

I go in for Blood panels 5/11 and have been fairly good lately but, have been Umping fastpitch softball for girls and feeling a little tired but, hoping numbers are good. If not Doc always wants Me to stop something to see if it helps and I know He will say stop Umping but, I Love doing it. It is so hard to get anyone to do it. Honestly it is because of the fans. Had a guy not liking My plate call Tuesday night and He got on a cell like He knew somebody and wanted to know My name. I called time went to the fence asked the guy what He needed. Wanted My name? Ok I'm Rick Love and is there a problem? He said He thought I was not doing a good job. I said does not surprise me since Your team is getting the crap kicked out of them. What do you want Me to do cheat for Your team so they will not lose as bad. It is obvious they not going to win this game unless the other team goes home now. He said something on the phone and it was their pitchers Dad. I had already warned the coach that unless His pitcher let's Me get back behind the plate to call strikes it is hard to do as i was moving into position the girl pitched what I thought may have been a strike and I called it a ball because I was still standing up and not done in the strike zone to see for sure, I give the batter the benefit of the doubt. This was all explained and the guy said well Her dad is so and so and He tells Her when the batter is in the box it is legal to pitch. This is correct in USSSA but, I informed Him even though this is so if I'm not there to make call it does not matter how many pitchs she throws it will be a ball because unless the rule HAS BEEN CHANGED IN BASEBALL OR SOFTBALL IN THE LAST 30 YEARS THE PITCHER OR THE FANS CANNOT CALL THEIR OWN BALLS AND STRIKES.
I then asked for the phone to passed through the fence and got on it with the Dad and asked did He coach His daughter all the time from a phone? He said no. I asked did he coach her at home? Yes I very nicely told Him He is doing his daughter a disservice because if He is teaching Her to pitch the ball as hard as she is
She is litterally wearing herself out and throwing so hard Her accurancy is suffering horribly. Throwing hard is not what all the game is about. I suggest You seek a real pitching coach or if You like I would be glad to help as I have trained many fastpitch pitchers and I have called 2 of Your daughters games and have seen enough that I could change allot of what she does, teach her some fenesse pitchs and let her slow down and last a game instead of 3 innings. He was dumbfounded as He and the other coaches acted like I was supposed to know who this goof was and like He would have something to do with me getting to Ump. I explained number one they were not from this park or this city and there is nothing they could do to stop My Umping as I have taught many that are out here now and everyone in this area knows that i have been here along time and reside on the board of directors for sports at this park. Not because I'm all that but, because We have so many know it all parents that We have hard time getting people to be on the board much less Ump. I will be here as long as I want to be.
He said Thanks for the offer to coach his daughter. I said good night and have a good evening and handed the phone back and the next 2 innings to finish the game were quite peaceful as I shocked everyone including My field partner and the fact that the team in question was run ruled but, because there was time left i continued the game so the girls could have the practice time. Most Umps get them over to get away and make more money for the short time they are on the field and go sit down and drink a coke. I do not allow it when I have plate and it is My game to controll as it is exactly what i tell the Ump with Me, it is about the kids not about how much money You can make. If You look at it that way You will never move up in level of Umping as We are graded and get to advance to reginals and nationals of which I'm proud to say I have earned My way to 2 different age group nationals all expense paid and one is in Orlando. But, I take pride in it and would pay My own way for the privledge.
Well as usually i got of track but, I thought this was quite humorous as i was told later that most who came up to talk to Me said they had never seen an Ump do something like that by taking a phone call from a complaining long distance parent coach. I told them it was My pleasure and as long as it is not made a habit I would be glad to discuss over the phone during a game what any of them may have a question about.
They said no thanks it looked a little humilating and they could not believe their eyes or that anyone would even think about doing that. I told them well I'm just weird that way but, the horible thing is I had to let clock run, because of that in the long run hurt the guys daughters team. Not thay could have come back and one but, if nothing else it cost them the ability to have more practice time, it is a rule I conduct my games by so kids can be out there longer and get their moneys worth instead of being out there for 40 minutes instead 75 minutes of alloted time.
Situation controlled and more parents left knowing and word will spread that when Rick is there at the plate just cheer fuss about calls but, be general about it or it is possible to be embarrassed by an Ump. If You do not make a scene Rick will not make a scene to use You for an example of how not to be a bad fan.
Well hope some of You got a laugh out of this picturing it in Your head or at least those of you who coach or Umpire.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 05-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

How are you guys coming on the HUD?
Old 05-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Hummer Authority

BLOWNZ06 is taking a break for His 1 year wedding aniversary. We should have something more concrete in early June. Hold up has been My fault but, so many things going. I hope to have it installed by end of June. So far everything We see and the Hummer Techs and Corvette Techs I have talked to seem to think it will work. His research seems to bare it out as well. Locating euip. at a reasonable price has slowed it down some.
He has another nice trick He has built into His H2 that I'm going to add. He is going to redesign it to do what I need and in a way that it will be different to do what i want. Cannot tell anyone anything yet. Want to see it works to see if it works setup the way I want it.

I will update HUD as soon as We have something concrete. Do not want anyone getting hopes up until I have it in and working to make sure. He sees no catch to making it work. He is trying to design it in a way to add it so it is sleek and seamless. All He will have to do is ship it to Me and I set it up with little or no mods on My end is what We are trying for.
I hope this all works. It will be cool if it does.
TAZ
Old 05-25-2005, 03:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hows it going guys? There are Corvette heads up display on Ebay.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:41 AM
Hummer Authority

We have HUD from Corvette in hands and when BLOWNZ06 gets back from His first wedding aniversary cruise it will go faster now.
TAZ
Old 05-30-2005, 01:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

BLOWNZO6 is off the scale

Hey all.. WOW... lots of interest here.. this is great.

I just got home at 9pm tonight.. my box of parts is here. Hoping to get this wired up tomorrow.. depends on what is going on. I think I will have some time to get it working very quickly.

Will update you guys when I have more information.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

How is it going???? Are you guys any further???
Old 06-09-2005, 04:59 AM
Hummer Authority

Black 05 We are getting real close. Blown thinks in the next couple of weeks and he will ship it to Me to install and run it.
He ended having to order some special conectors and parts that We did not forsee until He got it torn down and begin to backward engineer. He feels comfortable that it will work.
Soo as We have it installed and tested We will post on the forum. We are tryng to pin down all the cost so We can tell those who want them what they will need to spend. Blown has a good access to Vette HUD's at wa y lower price than I had been searching and finding.
TAZ
Old 06-14-2005, 01:59 PM
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon's Avatar
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is offline
Hummer Professional

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

;D
Old 06-22-2005, 04:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hows it going guys???? Anything new????
Old 06-22-2005, 04:23 AM
Hummer Authority

We are waiting on one part to come in. It is due anytime and BlownZ06 will rap it up quickly. We are so close it hurts. The part was backordered but, We cannot advance without it. The crazy thing is it is like a $25 thing holding up a bunch of investment so far. But, that is the way it usually is. A dime holding up a $20,000 car from being given back to it's owner.
Seriously there are no 2 people wanting to get this done now than Z06 and TAZ. He is being careful to make sure it all works and running down the pins to get info etc. He is building a seamless design for install and trying to make it as plug and play as possible. We just cannot get any farther towards those things till that little part gets in.
TAZ
Old 06-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LasVegas:
Here's a link to a complete HUD system. HUD

Defi-Link Head Up Display (HUD) - VSD Concept

This product is a full-scale Head Up Display (HUD). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I purchased this Heads Up Display three years ago when I owned my Chevrolet Avalanche. It is an adequate HUD, and not as small as it looks in the photograph. It displays engine RPMs, speed, etc. but I think I prefer the appearance of the factory HUD in GM vehicles. Defi has released a new HUD system that is much nicer, but I have not had much luck locating a reseller, though their web site does list a few. I would still be using my HUD system if the car audio shop didn't fry it when they were working on my vehicle.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RLTAZH2:
We are waiting on one part to come in. It is due anytime and BlownZ06 will rap it up quickly. We are so close it hurts. The part was backordered but, We cannot advance without it. The crazy thing is it is like a $25 thing holding up a bunch of investment so far. But, that is the way it usually is. A dime holding up a $20,000 car from being given back to it's owner.
Seriously there are no 2 people wanting to get this done now than Z06 and TAZ. He is being careful to make sure it all works and running down the pins to get info etc. He is building a seamless design for install and trying to make it as plug and play as possible. We just cannot get any farther towards those things till that little part gets in.
TAZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am looking forward to seeing this project to completion. I have wanted to install a GM HUD system for years, and if this can all be built into a box we can mount on the dash above the instrument cluster, it would be fantastic. I really do not want to cut into the dashboard. Good luck with the project, and let us know if you make any progress.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:44 AM
Hummer Authority

BLOWNZ06 is trying very hard to make it a seamless install. He has several ideas. We are or He is going to disamantle the dash to see which will be the best way to mount it. fortunately Z06 is an engineer for a large plastic injection molding company and travels allot. We do now think We have the last of the parts. Waiting on Him to get with Me. He is trying to see what it would take to remove the panel right over the gauge cluster and do a mold to fit HUD in and reinstall with same texture and colors in what ever H2 it goes in. If a mold will not help then i will have My glass guys work on a mounting system that will look good but, it will look customized. Not off the wall but, like no one else got one like it type deal. Z06 is very sharp and expect Him to have something. It will most likely He and i working together to build and sell them as low as We can so all Hummer Buds can have it if they want. He is the brains and I'm the banker type thing. The main cost probably He and I see is a regular supply of the Vette HUD's at consistant price, He is working on that also. I had looked everywhere for one and had one located about to buy when Z06 PM'd Me and said hold up and He beat My price by over $200 on the complete Hud and speedo cluster with it and i was just buying the HUD. So We are going to try and subsidize the cost by reselling the dash cluster to recoup some of the money invested in buying the HUD in the first place. Does not look like the people with them want to seperate HUD out which is just good business.
We will try hard to get cost down as best We can but, there are just some set cost that We will have no control over. If someone selling the HUD's figure out what We are doing it could cause price to go up. You know supply and demand. What We are thinking once it is perfected Z06 will go out and locate as many as possible along with the parts We have had to wait on and buy up a bunch to stabilize the price for a while at a time. Once We have not been back to buy some for a while the price hopefully will go down and We will jump in and buy a bunch more. He and I are just going to have to run it as a business if for no reason but, to control cost for everyone.
I have learned Z06 is as honest a guy i have met in a while and I gave Him My word and He his that We would work together to get this out to forum Buddies at the best price and so far We have kept Our word to each other and see no reason it will not continue. We are doing our best to help all here. Later We hope to make some money selling them on website and I will take several to every show i compete in and sell some there. Just hold on He is going as fast as He can with his traveling schedule.
Sorry but, on the size of unit the projector is only 2" thick and would not take up much room with a complete box that would have controls etc. on it. Where it will get a little taller is the H2 shield is so straight up and down the projector will have to be mounted tiltled more towards the glass to hit shield at correct angle. No need for special windshield or coating or a layer to add to inside of glass. I did visit with a guy that does retrofits to old Vettes and He says he shoots it right onto factory glass and all he sees is it is a little lighter than with coating. He sent me a pic of HUD on each type of glass and it was barely noticable. The projector uses phosphorous just as the military jet HUD does. I talked to a guy that works for a company near where i live and He designs and builds screens and projector for military and commercial use and He said should not be a problem running it with plain glass.
TAZ
Old 06-29-2005, 02:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hi Guy
WOW!!! You guys are doing a great job. I hope all goes well for you on the rest of the project. I wish I could help in some way. I can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RLTAZH2:
BLOWNZ06 is trying very hard to make it a seamless install. He has several ideas. We are or He is going to disamantle the dash to see which will be the best way to mount it. fortunately Z06 is an engineer for a large plastic injection molding company and travels allot. We do now think We have the last of the parts. Waiting on Him to get with Me. He is trying to see what it would take to remove the panel right over the gauge cluster and do a mold to fit HUD in and reinstall with same texture and colors in what ever H2 it goes in. If a mold will not help then i will have My glass guys work on a mounting system that will look good but, it will look customized. Not off the wall but, like no one else got one like it type deal. Z06 is very sharp and expect Him to have something. It will most likely He and i working together to build and sell them as low as We can so all Hummer Buds can have it if they want. He is the brains and I'm the banker type thing. The main cost probably He and I see is a regular supply of the Vette HUD's at consistant price, He is working on that also. I had looked everywhere for one and had one located about to buy when Z06 PM'd Me and said hold up and He beat My price by over $200 on the complete Hud and speedo cluster with it and i was just buying the HUD. So We are going to try and subsidize the cost by reselling the dash cluster to recoup some of the money invested in buying the HUD in the first place. Does not look like the people with them want to seperate HUD out which is just good business.
We will try hard to get cost down as best We can but, there are just some set cost that We will have no control over. If someone selling the HUD's figure out what We are doing it could cause price to go up. You know supply and demand. What We are thinking once it is perfected Z06 will go out and locate as many as possible along with the parts We have had to wait on and buy up a bunch to stabilize the price for a while at a time. Once We have not been back to buy some for a while the price hopefully will go down and We will jump in and buy a bunch more. He and I are just going to have to run it as a business if for no reason but, to control cost for everyone.
I have learned Z06 is as honest a guy i have met in a while and I gave Him My word and He his that We would work together to get this out to forum Buddies at the best price and so far We have kept Our word to each other and see no reason it will not continue. We are doing our best to help all here. Later We hope to make some money selling them on website and I will take several to every show i compete in and sell some there. Just hold on He is going as fast as He can with his traveling schedule.
Sorry but, on the size of unit the projector is only 2" thick and would not take up much room with a complete box that would have controls etc. on it. Where it will get a little taller is the H2 shield is so straight up and down the projector will have to be mounted tiltled more towards the glass to hit shield at correct angle. No need for special windshield or coating or a layer to add to inside of glass. I did visit with a guy that does retrofits to old Vettes and He says he shoots it right onto factory glass and all he sees is it is a little lighter than with coating. He sent me a pic of HUD on each type of glass and it was barely noticable. The projector uses phosphorous just as the military jet HUD does. I talked to a guy that works for a company near where i live and He designs and builds screens and projector for military and commercial use and He said should not be a problem running it with plain glass.
TAZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I cannot commit to purchasing one right away, but I definitely will as soon as I can afford it. This is something I have wanted for awhile. While the Defi HUD is nice, I would prefer something built for the vehicle. Well, built for this vehicle more than the Defi is.