H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2009 LAST YEAR FOR HUMMER H2- Just Announced from GM 9:30am

You're right the post is from 2007!

Last edited by HummerJim : 12-28-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Hummer Professional

s_c5519 is on a distinguished road

If you click the "back to news" page and scroll down a bit, that news was from Aug. 6, 2007... I wonder if it still stands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerJim
New posting this week on AM General website indicates continued production of H2. The current production agreement with GM ends in August of 2009 and has been extended to 2016. The South Bend news indicates the H2 production line will start up again soon.

http://www.amgeneral.com/corporate/n...tion-agreement
Old 12-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Hummer Professional

BACKNBLACK is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_c5519
If you click the "back to news" page and scroll down a bit, that news was from Aug. 6, 2007... I wonder if it still stands...

Exactly! My dealer has 4 H2s all Limited edition Silver Ice. No more coming, no more ordered, no more to be ordered. No more on floorplan, no more to be on floorplan!
Number# 11 2007 H3x Desert Orange

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
2009 H3T Alpha Solar Flare
Old 12-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

I've been looking at the new 2009 H2s and the '08s remaining, and my dealer said the same thing last week on the H2. "What's out there now is it!"

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 12-29-2008, 02:35 AM
Hummer Authority

SnakeH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKNBLACK
....and have owned 9 Hummers more than most of the people on this site. Your dealers may deny the claim however GM will announce it soon.

I only count six...
Old 12-29-2008, 04:52 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeH2
I only count six...

:-) Your close, but no that close :-)

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
Old 12-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Hummer Professional

mbdougl is off the scale

Gas is $1.49 here in Maryland and Hummers are everywhere. Wake up people and let it go. H2's are here to stay. Why do americans buy $100K Corvettes and 500hp Cadillacs? Because they can! GM should concentrate on building more fuel efficient vehicles but as long as they can make money on Hummers and Corvettes they will be here. They only make up a small percentage of sales so there demise would have little effect on profits.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdougl
Gas is $1.49 here in Maryland and Hummers are everywhere. Wake up people and let it go. H2's are here to stay. Why do americans buy $100K Corvettes and 500hp Cadillacs? Because they can! GM should concentrate on building more fuel efficient vehicles but as long as they can make money on Hummers and Corvettes they will be here. They only make up a small percentage of sales so there demise would have little effect on profits.

MBDOUGL, you are mistaken on One important part. GM DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE HUMMER BRAND. If they did H1's would still be sold. If American General kept the Brand than maybe we would have a shot of the Brands existence in AMERICA. If the Hummer BRand Gets sold it will be amazing considering the price of the vehicle and how much its NOT worth when people sell or trade. LIke I have stated many times Hummer is a way of life for some people, others its a passion and for most its a dream. The H2 is only now a good deal until this crisis passes over and than back up to $69k again. Ask your dealer for the H2 2009 floorplan and see what it looks like. Once you see that than tell us H2's are here to stay.

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
Old 12-30-2008, 02:06 AM
Hummer Professional

Mark805 is off the scale

I was at my dealership today while my oil was getting changed.. (McCann Hummer in Fife, Wa)

They have one of the new Hummer buildings and I went over to see my sales guy... The whole building was empty. I asked him why there were no cars IN the building and he gave me a BS story about cars inside being some kind of violation (but the cadillac / saab building had cars) It mad me a little sad to see the building empty.

The lot was full of H3s, 3 H3T and 3 H2s. Sales guy says he didnt have any used H2s left to sell as they dont see many at auction anymore. He made a good point too... (IMO)

... If GM sells Hummer, it doesn't meen they will be stop selling them, just another company will be selling them, like Saab....

McCann sold Saab before GM took them over. Hummer is a nich market, there is no way GM's financial future is based on the Hummer brand.

All i hope is that that dam HX gets here before they close the doors!!!

Dear GM: PLEASE SELL ME AN HX
Old 12-30-2008, 04:11 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark805
I was at my dealership today while my oil was getting changed.. (McCann Hummer in Fife, Wa)

Did I miss something? When TH did you get an SUT?

EDIT: Back in May, I missed it.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:35 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKNBLACK
Call your dealer, they had this announcement yesterday. It is not public yet so call it BS if you may. As soon as its announced you will see the reports. Iam not one who spreads BS. If my Business partner was not in the meeting himself I would scream BS as well. I own a HUmmer Club, Iam part of Hummer Hope and have owned 9 Hummers more than most of the people on this site. Your dealers may deny the claim however GM will announce it soon.

Still nothing on the forums/news/no publications/no tv/no news. So, what's the deal? My dealer said they closed the plant for three weeks longert thatn normal this time of the year....and they are witing for more 09's...although they have been getting other dealer's allications. I was told I could have an 09 Graystone SUT in two months with the options I wanted. #10!! ...but I'm holding out for a slightly used 08...with the options I wanted instead. It's insane to buy a 70K vehicle when someone puts 5,000 miles on it and you can get for low 40's.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Hummer Professional

Mark805 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
Did I miss something? When TH did you get an SUT?

EDIT: Back in May, I missed it.

Yep.. traded ol yella in... that was back in the days when Hummer happenings actually happened. I've only put 11k on this H2 since i got it. I really need to hit some trails this year.

Dear GM: PLEASE SELL ME AN HX
Old 12-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Stopped by Lynch Hummer this morning on my way into St. Louis from the Ozarks. They say that new H2s are being shipped overseas in larger numbers than ever (especially to Russia and the Mideast), and the last word they got from GM was that they will still fill dealer orders on the H2 made now, this spring. He said they currently have some 09 SUTs inbound from Indiana. They said the future "does look brighter for the H3" because it can be made at Shreveport plant. A salesman there says they've heard a "definitive announcement by GM on Hummer" will come after the inauguration. I'm still hoping for the best, but the future is looking dimmer as Hummer dealers close their doors across the US.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:09 AM
Hummer Professional

s_c5519 is on a distinguished road

This pic is from the Manchester NH dealer today. It looks like there are only 2 silver new '09's left and a few used. They never really had many H2's there anyway, but it was never this bad...the lot always had more H3's which also seem to be in short supply... There are no Hummers at all in the second/back row...

Old 12-31-2008, 02:43 AM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

I bought my 05 there in Manchester. After making the mistake and getting rid of it I wanted another one. Went back there and in went from Dobles to Quirk. Its now terrible there. They were pretty pushy and wouldnt negotiate anything worth while. I found my new baby in Portland Hummer which was much better to deal with, but unfortunately there lot looks like this one!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

Gunzz is off the scale

Why doesn't GM direct itself to it's real problems instead of taking part of it out on the Hummer. Chevy, GMC, Pontiac, they all sell basically the same cars and trucks under different names and options. Like the Denali and the Tahoe. Same truck, different luxuries. Kill one of the brands and offer the trucks under one name but different versions. It used to be in the older days that the GMC version of Chevy trucks were built tougher, but that is not the case anymore. So streamline, but don't kill a single brand like the Hummer. There is NOT another vehicle like it, so concentrate on the duplicates. But wait that might make sense.

I have always been a GM fan and always owned one, including a Blazer, a Tahoe, a Stepside, and by the far the best truck I ever had is my H2. I love it and have had no real problems with it. It is an 05 with 45000 miles. When time came I only planned on replacing it with another H2. I am really hooked. But GM's blindness will kill that for me I guess.

I understand that H2 sales went down for a while but they are selling again, partially due to the prices of fuel. But as most of us know, we didn't buy our trucks for it's economy. And in reality either did Dodge pickup owners, Ford truck owners and so on, with some of them getting worse mileage than the H2. Those trucks will still be around, but GM's panic will hurt them in the long run.

I am one loyal H2 owner that is very sad to see them go.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

Big Jag is an unknown quantity at this point

I realize H2's aren't selling very well these days but at least there is brand recognition here. I also think that GM didn't help matters with the H2 by jacking up prices as much as they did. In Dec 02 I bought my first H2, a fully loaded lux with all options, off road lights, etc. for $53K MSRP. That same truck today has an MSRP of about $75K. Thats a 40% increase in 6 years. Very limited market on $70K plus vehicles.

I still believe GM is cutting Hummer just to be politically correct and appease the liberal tree huggers. Totally BS in my book!

Last edited by Big Jag : 12-31-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:58 AM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jag
I realize H2's aren't selling very well these days but at least there is brand recognition here. I also think that GM didn't help matters with the H2 by jacking up prices as much as they did. In Dec 02 I bought my first H2, a fully loaded lux with all options, off road lights, etc. for $53K MSRP. That same truck today has an MSRP of about $75K. Thats a 40% increase in 6 years. Very limited market on $70K plus vehicles.

I still believe GM is cutting Hummer just to be politically correct and appease the liberal tree huggers. Totally BS in book!
I agree and they dropped the roof racks and step bars, they are now options. Give me a break!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Hummer Expert

splne1 is on a distinguished road

Well all there is at my local dealer in Virginia Beach VA is about three H3's and two H2's the rest of the lot is covered with work truck chevy pickups!!! They don't even service my H2 at the dealership I have to go to the Pontiac Dealership for service work???
Old 01-05-2009, 05:36 AM
Hummer Professional

H2bill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jag
I
I still believe GM is cutting Hummer just to be politically correct and appease the liberal tree huggers. Totally BS in my book!

I would agree with this assessment. Never the less, I could see them cutting it because it would appeal to the liberal base that the politicans are catering to that are passing out the bail-out money.

The question I have is this going to make their value go up over time? That might be the ultimate payback for the Prius pricks.