H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-05-2005, 12:30 AM

richk is off the scale

GM certainly seems to have raised their game with the H3. The fit and finish of mine is the best I have seen in a GM product. I think the exterior and interior styling is excellent.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:35 AM

Georgemarc is off the scale

I agree with you Rich, regardless of the past, GM has made it with the H3
Old 08-05-2005, 12:48 AM

jkH1+H2=H3 is off the scale

RichK, I hope your on the Money...I am looking for the Bean Counter syndrome with the H3.
Sorry, I am going to challenge there quality.
Staples in the wheel wells to hold my H3's under gard protection between the front wheels and the engine, struts, shock area. ???
Don't buy a new car on a Monday or a Friday..
Old 08-05-2005, 01:21 AM

richk is off the scale

I think everyone will agree that the H3's reliability and quality can only be determined by the passing of time (time will tell). But GM has really hit one out the ballpark in the styling department.

I would like to recall this experience that I had last month that I will never forget.

(this took place amount 1 month ago)
So I took my dad out for lunch on Sunday to tell him that I was getting a new truck. Now mind you, I have been changing vehicles about every 6 months for the past several years. In the past 2 years I had a Dodge Durango, Jeep Wrangler, Toyota Tundra Double Cab, and Nissan Pathfinder. So needless to say I usually get the "not another new purchase" speech. I told him that I had ordered a new H3 and that it would take about a month for it to come in. He of course asked a million questions in a desperate attempt to determine if I was losing my mind. What on earth could possibly make me lose more money switching cars again? Finally he asked if we could stop by the local Hummer dealer after lunch so he could see an H3 in person.

Now remember this was a Sunday and the dealership would be closed, so we knew all we could do was look thru the windows. We parked on a side street near the dealer (the parking lot was closed). When we turned the corner to the dealership we were both amazed at what we saw. There were load of guys, many with their families, mulling around looking at the parked H3's (they only had 3). My Dad said "what the hell are all these people doing here when the dealership is closed". I explained to him that they were all anxious to get a look at the new H3. It was at that point that both of us knew that GM had something special in the H3. They had designed a vehicle that made people take notice.

Should you get an H3, well you would certainly be getting something unique in the automotive world.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:33 AM

Georgemarc is off the scale

Saw my first one on the road at 1:00PM one day and signed the papers for one that evening and took possession the next day. Nobody believed that all this transpired in less than 24 hours. Kudos to Sewell Dallas
Old 08-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

CLAYDOG is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richk:
Well I don't want to start a big debate about quality, I was speaking in general of course. I recently read an actual quote from a high ranking exec at Ford something to the effect "we will at the same quality level as Toyota by 2006". And just last week I read a similar quote by a Hyundai exec.

Don't get me wrong I love my H3, but I am grown up enough to accept that GM's quality is not the tops in the world. They have come a long way and are closing the gap... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the latest J.D Powers initial quality report G.M. came in a close second to Toyota over all, with 8 models best in class. The worst ranked GM product was the Pontiac Vibe, that’s built by Toyota at a Toyota plant for GM. In long term quality (3 years old) GM edged Toyota out for the #1 spot, but I don’t remember the #s off hand. The quality build you’re seeing in the H3 is happening across GMs line up as each platform is up dated.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CLAYDOG:
The worst ranked GM product was the Pontiac Vibe, that’s built by Toyota at a Toyota plant for GM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is funny as hell

Guess they don't put much care into building things when they won't have their name on it

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

This isn't going to be a popular position, but I'm gonna say it anyways:

If you can't afford to BUY the vehicle and own it cash-out, then you simply can't afford the vehicle.

I'd suggest looking for a 3-4 year-old vehicle, a lease-return. Something used, but in good condition and low mileage. You can probably get a good 5-6 years out of it with minimal maintainance and upkeep.

No, it's not exciting & new, but you'll be dollars ahead and in a stronger position when it comes time to buy a home.

Dare to be dull...