H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-04-2005, 04:45 PM

dapnthr89 is off the scale

Ok, this is my first post and I know I might get hammered for even asking this but bare with me. I am considering either the H3 or the 2005 4Runner Sport... i love em both.

Im a recent grad so I dont have much to be throwing around but I can afford about 450-500/month payments... what are your thoughts?
Old 08-04-2005, 04:45 PM

Ok, this is my first post and I know I might get hammered for even asking this but bare with me. I am considering either the H3 or the 2005 4Runner Sport... i love em both.

Im a recent grad so I dont have much to be throwing around but I can afford about 450-500/month payments... what are your thoughts?
Old 08-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you have to put down? Are you willing to lease or do you want to buy? Unless you are putting a lot down, I hate to say it but you would probably more likely be able to afford a 4 Runner and not an H3

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-04-2005, 05:03 PM

i wanna put down about $2,000 - $3,000 plus whatever I can trade in for my peice of crap 1995 3000GT for which Im hoping for $1,500 - $2,000 for that

and I want to buy
Old 08-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Hummer Guru

If you went with an H3, do you know what you want, such as Base, Adventure or Lux and then what options on top of that. Basically, have you priced out what you want to buy?

Old 08-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

bought mine for like 40 otd and my payment is 560
Old 08-04-2005, 05:20 PM

all I want is black with a sunroof..dont really care about the rest and will add on later if I want.

I know the base is 29 and that Im probably looking around 32-33 with sunroof
Old 08-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Hummer Guru

Ok, if you went with a base model with the only option being the sunroof, you would be looking at a sticker of $30,300 + Tax, Tag... If you put down the minimum you mentioned of $3500, then you should be able to get the payment close to $500. Really all depends on the interest rate as well. Personally, I would go with the H3. I have also gone and looked at the 4 Runner and do like them but not nearly as much as the H3. Not even close Good luck.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:46 PM

Thanks, Im gonna visit both dealerships again on Saturday!
Old 08-04-2005, 06:29 PM

richk is off the scale

I seriously considered the 4-Runner several times, but after sitting in it and driving it, one feeling came over me - boring. It's a great SUV and Toyota makes the best quality vehicles on the road, but "boring" describes almost every vehicle they make.

My wife drives a 2004 Sequoia and she loves it. I drive it almost every weekend when we got out as a family (it can seat 6 easily). It drives great and is super comfortable. We take it on all long road trips. So I get the best of both worlds. I drive my H3 during the week and the Toyota on the weekends.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:31 PM

Georgemarc is off the scale

Once you are in a H3, how can you go anywhere else?
Old 08-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richk:
I seriously considered the 4-Runner several times, but after sitting in it and driving it, one feeling came over me - boring. It's a great SUV and Toyota makes the best quality vehicles on the road, but "boring" describes almost every vehicle they make.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have to agree. They are good vehicle but personally I think when the changed the body last time they made it too much like a car and not enough like a SUV. Just seems like a tall station wagon to me.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richk:
I seriously considered the 4-Runner several times, but after sitting in it and driving it, one feeling came over me - boring. It's a great SUV and Toyota makes the best quality vehicles on the road, but "boring" describes almost every vehicle they make. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Toyota makes the best quality vehicles on the road" - Does this include Prius owners???
Old 08-04-2005, 09:54 PM

richk is off the scale

Well I don't want to start a big debate about quality, I was speaking in general of course. I recently read an actual quote from a high ranking exec at Ford something to the effect "we will at the same quality level as Toyota by 2006". And just last week I read a similar quote by a Hyundai exec.

Don't get me wrong I love my H3, but I am grown up enough to accept that GM's quality is not the tops in the world. They have come a long way and are closing the gap...
Old 08-04-2005, 09:55 PM

Jersey Guy is off the scale

Just get them both LOL Only kidding well I have the 03 4 runner limited V8 $38,000 and love it.It's got great power and drives like a car takes the road like no other SUV that I have ever been in #1 in my book.Gave it to my wife because I feel it is a safe truck.Just picked up the H3 recently Msrp $35,459 I love this truck too, you feel like nothing can stop you it is built solid when you get a chance crawl under there and look at that frame OMG is that solid it has great goodies like XM Monsoon sunroof all a must have the interior looks good also did I mention it looks badass the power is ok just have to get use to it. a V6 would have been the bomb.This truck is also safe but I want to break it in first it does want to get away from you on rough road but thats because of the solid axle and off road package.Good luck hope I didnt confuse you.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:36 PM

jkH1+H2=H3 is off the scale

I was flipping back and forth like a fish out of water when I was reading everyone elses thoughts. Well, the big mistake you made, was the photo!!!!
rice burners are awsome long lasting vehicles,
My suzuki xl7 has over 220,000 miles and still going, no major problems,fuel it, change the oil, change the brake pads, rotate the tires.
unbelieveable. By all means its not a off road monster.
Well, I bought my H3, And let me tell you if your a hummer addict, And I can't afford H2 or H1 payments, the H3 fullfills me. I feel part of the Hummer Family.
First, Think about your intensions with the vehicle, Are you into the Hummer Thing, Getting a hummmer in a hummer is like nothing else!!!
The toyota is not going to get the BABES.
My vote H3- Basic package with Adventure Pack for alittle more, and add bling when you can afford it. Simply said.!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:49 PM

Showtyme5 is off the scale

Yeah, the quality in the Hummer is really good though. My friends, who are Mercedes freaks, took a ride in the new H3 and were really impressed with the interior. It's flush, no gaps, clean looking, nice, easy to use, and the leather is soft and looks great. The Hummer's have better quality than a Chevy or GMC, that's for sure. That's actually a big reason I got the car. It was way nicer than the Yukons, Trailblazers, and Tahoes that I was looking at.....I mean it's not a Benz and it's not a luxury vehicle, but the luxury package makes it look pretty damn nice.....for a HUMMER!

Well I don't want to start a big debate about quality, I was speaking in general of course. I recently read an actual quote from a high ranking exec at Ford something to the effect "we will at the same quality level as Toyota by 2006". And just last week I read a similar quote by a Hyundai exec.

Don't get me wrong I love my H3, but I am grown up enough to accept that GM's quality is not the tops in the world. They have come a long way and are closing the gap... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-04-2005, 11:50 PM

Showtyme5 is off the scale

Anyways, get the HUMMER if you can afford it bro. It's like having your own personal mini-tank
Old 08-04-2005, 11:56 PM

jkH1+H2=H3 is off the scale

I agree with showtyme for sure. Im nervous about the GM attribute aspect of the H3 being a long lasting Quality vehicle.I hope the corporate suits are keeping to there word about all hummers to part of the H1 heritage. Right now I baby mine. I beat the suzuki. ??? I certainly support HUMMER, I would never by any other GM Vehicle. Sorry! food for thought.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Showtyme5:
Anyways, get the HUMMER if you can afford it bro. It's like having your own personal mini-tank </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats funny because the Orlando dealership actually has one on the showroom floor