H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-27-2005, 06:16 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Easy, I fired and hired but you never knew what I had cause It wasn't your biz, Your right there but don't you think saying hay We can't becasue of cash flow, the weather, a bad decession on my part. You just say no, becasue your the man. I know becasue I don't want to be the man. Man oh man, nice talk, The person I worked for maybe was not a good motavator. I motavated myself to make money, he took and never gave back. That is why he is no longer a HUMMER dealer. So in short, did the dude need to fired? maybe did the man overreact? If he was a good employee making money for the company, yes.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

James, good for you. What the hell does he care what you have anyway. It's your business. He should be thanking you for the job he just lost. That really pisses me off. And knowing you've had issues with employees recently really turns my battery red. Glad you fired the prick.

Shaggy, if the comments would have been directed to James in the right tone I could see it as a joke. But James overheard the dumbass saying it to someone else. F-him.

James, I don't know how unemployment works there compared to here, but here's some advice. Fight against it the whole way. If you're ruled against, appeal it. I've employed people for quite a few years and have NEVER paid unemployment. The best thing is they win round one, get a few checks, then lose round two. They have to pay all the money back!
Old 04-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

In 6 years of owning my own business I have NEVER lost a claim. Dont plan a starting now either. My employee manual was written very well. As far as this case, Insobordination covers my butt.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Shaggy, if the comments would have been directed to James in the right tone I could see it as a joke. But James overheard the dumbass saying it to someone else. F-him.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Agreed. That guy deserved to be fired.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

I think you will win on firing for cause.....
Old 04-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Hummer Guru

It's that attitude that just made me remember why I hated dealing with the ego, better then you attitude that some of you owners have. So your the boss well with great power comes great
responsibility. Could the employee need an attitude adjustment? Did he have a family depending on him? You don't care, he rubs your ego the wrong way because you "worked for everything you got" so he deserves to be fired. Shallow man! Nobody never gave you a break on the way up or took you aside to maybe teach you something. Don't hide behind that crap.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:59 PM

TBDAugs is off the scale

I would never have fired and have never fired someone who I overheard disrespecting me to others the first time. Doesn't mean I didn't get pissed, just really an invitation to reflect, isn't it?

Definitely a sit down discussion though. Setting boundaries, clear expectations on the behavior...

Firing someone for 'insubordination' IMHO frankly is a cop out for failed leadership.

Course I probably never would have hired that particular us vs. them value set in the first place.

VPandGMAugs
Old 04-27-2005, 07:59 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

(Holding finger to mouth) "This Organization will not tolerate insolence"

Everyone here is dead on right. It is your business, etc., etc.,.

Now, lets look at it esoterically, for your benefit.

Is the statement true about putting the Hummer first over your business and employees? If you are honestly not doing this, then why the perception that you are?

Rember to most, perception is the reality.

Just reflect on these thoughts, that's all I ask. There is no right or wrong conclusion to this request.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:01 PM

BlingBlingH2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
You did the right thing James. These things often start with disrepectful comments, then grow into animosity and resentment, which in turn leads to an unproductive and beligerent employee. They also spread this poison to other employees.

It doesn't matter what people think of you, provided they do their job well, (although it usually helps if they don't have a negative opinion), but when they start sharing that opinion at work, the writing is on the wall.

Make sure you document everything well too, as these little weasels sometimes may try for a wrongful dismissal suit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahh yea mofo, given some dude da axe cause he don't like your whip is a great decision. and den turning around and making fun of his choice of whips? What, do all ya'll douche bags act like you be in junor high still? i hope dis fool takes yo azz to court and wins, like a mug.

Your POS H2 or H3 is nothing more then a rebadged GM Truck that \"LOOKS\" like a Hummer. Keep buyn dem overpriced POS GM (wanna be Hummer) trucks you idiots
Old 04-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Hummer Authority

You speak as if this is some snot nosed kid with his first job. Give him a break? This guy is an adult male that made well over 60K per year in a VERY influential position in a small business. This type of person can kill the comrodery of a business in no time at all. As for his family...is'nt that HIS job? I have a family and I suffer when i make mistakes. Ego has nothing to do with this. It has everything to do with respect. Shallow man? Dont I have a greater responsability to the whole staffot just him? Is'nt it supposed to be for the greater good of the group. As far as giving me breaks. Yes, and I RESPECTED them for doing so. I live by a rule. If I have something to say I say it...if it hurts your poor little feelings...too bad! Grow up, wake up, and MAN UP!!! There is much to be said about a man whom you have no doubt where you stand with. My family or friends, or staff NEVER have to wonder whats going on in my head. If they ask a question, be preparred to hear the 100% black and white truth. No walking on egg shells. Crap...you made me ramble with your pathetic crying. Bottome line. My decision...and Im 100% right about it!
Old 04-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Hummer Authority

Not putting the Hummer first. Putting respect first. As all of us should.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hart1:
(Holding finger to mouth) "This Organization will not tolerate insolence"

Everyone here is dead on right. It is your business, etc., etc.,.

Now, lets look at it esoterically, for your benefit.

Is the statement true about putting the Hummer first over your business and employees? If you are honestly not doing this, then why the perception that you are?

Rember to most, perception is the reality.

Just reflect on these thoughts, that's all I ask. There is no right or wrong conclusion to this request. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Hummer Authority

Doubt you can relate Bling idiot. Being a car wash attendant really doesnt put you in the same class of a business owner. Listen...they are calling for you at the pre wash section. GO!

ahh yea mofo, given some dude da axe cause he don't like your whip is a great decision. and den turning around and making fun of his choice of whips? What, do all ya'll douche bags act like you be in junor high still? i hope dis fool takes yo azz to court and wins, like a mug.[/quote]
Old 04-27-2005, 08:08 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not putting the Hummer first. Putting respect first. As all of us should. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You miss the whole point.

That's really a non-answer. You cannot go to the next level, grasshopper.

If you are honestly not doing this, then why the perception that you are?
Old 04-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Hummer Authority

The Hummer itself has Zero to do with this. It cant be put first over business nor the staff. It is irrelavant (sp) I am putting the business and the rest of the staff over one person who HAD the ability to cause a cancer in my business. You are WAY too anylitical for me. I only got a G.E.D. Good Enought Diploma

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is the statement true about putting the Hummer first over your business and employees? If you are honestly not doing this, then why the perception that you are? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-27-2005, 08:21 PM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

is he a prick for talking behind your back, yes? Did he deserve to get fired, not in my opinion.

"My family or friends, or staff, never have to know whats going on in my head"

you say this yet you come to your local 4x4 board to ask "shall I fire him or not?"

There are certain actions that need to be taken when someone disrespects you. I can think of plenty of actions you could have taken and maybe taught him a lesson or two about opening your mouth about someone behind their back. Put him on some type of probation if you want to send a message. Make his life at work hell for awhile. But to fire him outright for making a comment about your RIG makes me think that your a prick.

I work for a very small company. I understand that you need to respect that chain of command and damn well better respect your boss. But he really didn't do anything to affect the company or the work or does for it. He hurt your feelings when it really comes down to it and you figured you'd just show him who big man on campus is and fire his ass.

Now I wonder if the rest of your employees respect you for that decision. OR if now, during the Nuggets win tonight, they are all calling you a douchbag anyways, because lets face it....You are the BOSS....and we all know our BOSSES ARE DOUCHBAGS!
Old 04-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Hummer Authority

A cross I must bare. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You are the BOSS....and we all know our BOSSES ARE DOUCHBAGS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

My boss is always talking behind MY BACK. And he is a complete ass and is dissing me all of the time.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Hummer Guru

Need to just keep things in check. Face it, you changed someone's life today because he hurt your pride, you did bust your ass and having a hummer or a jet is fine. It would help him and you if you were to teach him something instead. Oh well next time just think about it. People like him need leaders like you to teach and maybe it's not too late to do something about it. You did not fire him for cause, it was for feelings. I'm done and man I made a **** load of money off pompus sold on their sucess folks. I just saying to think next time mine thats all, you meet the sme people going down, as on the way up.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well said, worse typed!
Old 04-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Hummer Guru

yea I can't spell, ooooo does that mean Im no good and should be fired?