H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Thanks Mac! I was kinda suprised by the response it brought.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

TheGoodHummerMan is off the scale

Big Z,

I almost want to ask you what the heck you meant by "Another difference a lot of folks don't consider is the Different Gear Ratios." BUT, I won't! I'm sure I wouldn't understand your reply...

Quoting you: "I think I've been at this site long enough to know far more what its about..."

Did you forgot the apostrophe in "its" or was that just a typo?

You might know a lot Big Z, but if you can't write an intelligible message, "it" doesn't really mean very much.

Paraphrasing Bill Clinton, maybe "it" depends upon what your definition of ITS is? Get "it"?

What you've made perfectly clear and obvious from your last few posts is that you don't communicate well. So, I will simply skip over your future posts. Believe me, it's no big deal...

I would suggest that you have Mac help you compose your messages but he really isn't much better than you are.

Ed
Old 06-23-2003, 10:33 PM

NSXer is off the scale

H2 bill--> I'm going to do what you did! Supercharger! I'm holding out for the kenne bell, so the intake, exhaust, and programmer will have to do for now. Thanks bud.

If you like bikes... Check out http://www.usualsuspex.com
Old 06-23-2003, 11:18 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Please, thegoodhummerman, is that the best you got!--TYPOS?-Get A F**King life!. This thread was not originated by you, so Please Do Not Respond to my posts--YOU DO NOT HAVE THE INTELLIGENTS OR COMPREHENTION TO DO SO--Plain enough! I have no desire to help People like you.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:06 AM
Hummer Veteran

Mac,

It appears that Big Z, your compatriot, is lacking basic self-control if he gets so terribly upset over something so trivial. Ever recommend anger management to him? He must have many issues...

Did you notice the errors in grammar and spelling in his last, short, message? I don't think these were just typos either:

... best you've got; not best you got

... intelligence not intelligents

... comprehension not comprehention

As you know all too well, everyone (including myself, of course) makes typos now and then, but in his case he just doesn't seem to be very literate.

Hey Mac, how do you like the profanity? Using profanity is often a sign of someone lacking an adequate vocabulary, isn't it? Oh, but I forgot --- you agree with him?

Ed
Old 06-24-2003, 12:26 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The cruise control in the GM vehicles I currently have and have had recently are all the same, awful. It's really not the fact that it downshifts too often, it's the fact that it does not sense the need for higher rpms soon enough to apply the accelerator properly and then has to make a 1 or 2 gear downshift to maintain speed.

I currently have a 2001 Yukon XL Denali (6.0L), a 2003 GMC 2500 (Duramax Diesel) and a partner with a 2003 GMC 2500 (6.0L). All of them, even the Duramax, have the same annoyance with the cruise control as my H2 except it is not as noticeable with the Denali or the Duramax until you drag just a little weight behind it.

The Denali cruises fine on flat ground unless you try to drag more than 2000#. Then it can't maintain speed without downshifting about every 3/4 mile, even in Tow/Haul mode. You simply have to keep it out of overdrive. I had attributed this to the fact that the Denali has 3.73 gears but noticed the same type of annoyance even though the others have 4.10 gears. By the way, this is on highways in the flat delta land and by "flat" I mean surveyor's flat.

The cc is controlled electronically and I personally think it needs to be re-programmed. I have written this in each survey that GM has sent after buying a vehicle.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Ed you may want to take a Prozac before you read my post.

I came home from San Jose last night at 1AM. I used the cruise control for many miles both ways and I had no problem with the cruise control. The speed was constant 75MPH without change, the freeway goes thru beautiful lush green California rolling hills, smooth top condition rolling freeway built for high speed driving, at 75, almost everyone else was passing me. There was no downshift on most hills, downshifted several times to keep the 3.5 tons at 75MPH, but were at spots where I anticipated.

I don't know if many of you have a cruise problem or not, I don't and can't drive your Hummer. Just for your comparison use, I don't have a cruise control problem.

Old 06-25-2003, 04:29 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
"Ed you may want to take a Prozac before you read my post." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mac,

I will pass on the prozac, maybe save it until I really need it?

I just got home from a dinner up in Tampa, with some very special, "old" friends... One of whom was a chopper jockey that I first met exactly 33 years ago today. It just reminded me, once again, how wonderful and fantastic it is to be alive.

As for the really meaningless stuff? I drove the 60-some miles back home from Tampa on I-75 (we don't say "the 75") and I decided to try using the tow/haul mode selection. It surprised me that as I was driving along at about 75mph, turning approximately 2100rpms --- hitting the tow/haul button did not increase rpms at all, or have any other immediately noticeable affect...

But, as I drove along, I crossed several overpasses and did NOT experience the dreaded downshifts. I was just beginning to think that this had cured the problem when, for NO reason at all, the H2 shifted down, the engine increased to about 2900 rpms, and then almost immediately --- shifted back into fourth gear. We weren't even on an overpass.

Totally flabergasted, I turned off the tow/haul mode --- again with no noticeable change in engine revs --- and drove the rest of the way back "normally".

I don't know exactly how many overpasses we had to climb, but the H2 never downshifted again. I don't know why. It seems as though the H2 has a mind of its own? Maybe instead of getting a programmer and supercharger, I need to hire an exorcist?

I guess I will start keeping a log of when it downshifts and also when it doesn't... When I get enough data, say in two or three years --- I will publish a treatise on the shifting vagaries of the Hummer H2 when using cruise control.

What I did notice was that my previous posts were not absolutely accurate in that I said the downshifts were from 4th gear to 3rd gear, when in fact --- the downshifts go from 4th gear to 2nd gear. It is not just a gentle shift when it does this, it is extreme... and most annoying. Passengers riding with me usually gasp or jump and ask me what's wrong...

Maybe it's a gremlin?

Ed
Old 06-25-2003, 09:15 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

When my Hummer downshifted in cruise control, they were quite smooth. At one point after midnight, real quiet without radio, I asked my wife, "Dowshifted, did you feel that?" She said "what? no."

She drove with 2 sons to LA once, 14 hours round trip mostly with cruise control, she didn't think there was anything unusual about the cruise.

I don't know if it has anything to do with driver's experience or expectation. When it rains, some feel depressed while I feel refreshed. It is 98 degree today, some hate it but I say it is great time for a swim in the 90 degree pool water. There are Hummer owners here said interior is cheap, not enough power and all kinds of non-quality complaints, but I think the Hummer is beautiful inside out and powerful. or maybe I am just too easy to please.

Ed, you are too cheap, experienced, old and wise to fall for programmer or supercharger.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:47 AM
Hummer Novice

8MYROVER is off the scale

I had the same problem with mine. First, took it to the dealer and them reprogram the computer. Still was not satisified, then I got the Predator programer and that solved everything, except really steep grades where at around 60-65mph it will kick down to a lower gear. It is the GM torque managment and changing it actually improved my gas mileage.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:08 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Phil, today I have some production setback in my business, we experienced 20% to 80% defects in the production of a series of new products, higher mold cost, delivery delays and unexpected technical difficulties on assembly lines in 3 locations, with a million pieces of rejected parts. Everything sort of jump up this afternoon. Younger days, I would get all excited, jump up and down, shouting on 3 lines at the same time, buy the tickets and fly out there with my team tonight. But today I just sat by the pool side and talked clamly to the managers 10,000 miles away. By the end of the day, there is no solution yet, but I have no doubt somehow everything will always work out fine, everybody will be happy and the project will be profitable. The difference is experience.

Getting back to Hummer. It takes a few months to get to know the Hummer's capabilities and shortcomings. I didn't have enough power, now I got more than enough power and I have no problem high or low speed. I used to back into other autos but no more. The head light was awful but there are great now and the solutions were cheap. It used to be huge but now it is just NORMAL. I don't need a programmer because I am the programmer, I am "as one" with my Hummer. Cruise downshifts seemed a little odd at first but now seem normal. I don't need supercharger because I can go as fast as I legally can any time and I do, as long as I am willing to pay for the gas. I used to worry about gas cost but no more because I accepted the price of Hummer joy.

I have no leak, no rust, no paint chips, no problem with cruise control or suspension or transmission, no rattle, no dirty look, trouble free turn key operation every happy day. I don't think I am the only one.

Life is never perfect, but you can make it perfect, it starts from your mind.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
"Ed, you are too cheap, experienced, old and wise to fall for programmer or supercharger." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mac,

I once knew a guy who would go berzerk if someone called him an SOB. Took it as a personal insult to his sainted mother...

I never understood why he was so sensitive about some stranger calling him this. Someone who didn't know him at all, let alone anything personal about his mother's character... I mean, you have to take comments in their appropriate context. Like your...

I am too cheap? Too experienced? Too old & wise?

Gee, Mac, I thought you were too smart to fall into the trap of presuming facts not in evidence. I know you posture as someone suffering from an elitist attitude and that you act as htough you believe that, for some unfathomable reason, you are superior to other people. I don't have a clue why you would be suffering from such delusions. I suppose it really doesn't even matter why?

I just purchased a piece of commercial real estate that I happened to believe is a truly great investment and bargain. But, during the closing, I took exception with a part of the final sales contract involving, $1,750. for the property's survey. The selling price was just a little over 2.3 million dollars --- but, the original agreement was that I was NOT responsible for the costs of the survey. Sure, it's just chump change. But, it is MY chump change... Is this an example of a "cheap" person?

After some of the remarks I have heard from various people on this forum about my questioning the pricing of the Predator programmer (see that thread) by the Granatelli folks... I was told that I was silly to worry about just $170 and how I was wasting a dollar to save a dime. This clearly demonstrated to me that SOME people on this forum are complete and utter idiots.

For example, when the H2 dealer informed me that he would remove my third row seat and credit me for $400. I stood up and was walking out of his office. Would I refuse to buy the Hummer because he was trying to refund $100 less than the invoice amount of the seat? Oh, you betcha... If I caught a pickpocket stealing a hundred dollar bill out of my pocket, I would get most upset too. If that makes me cheap, in your mind, then I feel sorry for you. Or, better yet, I would love to do business with you. Because if you don't care about a dollar, or five or ten or twenty dollars then why care about a hundred, or five hundred or a couple of thousand dollars.

The actual amount is NOT even important. It is simply and purely a matter of principle. The only thing that really differentiates one person and another are their stand on principals. Someone who will steal something small, but draw the line at say, grand theft auto --- is still a dishonest thief. Someone who will not worry about "chump change" simply has too much money and they should give me their execess funds.

You were partially right... I am old enough and wise enough to decide for myself about the value of goods and services without needing the blessings of somebody I don't even know. After doing research and learning enough basic information to make an informed decision --- I might in fact decide to buy a supercharger for my H2. Hopefully I won't need to ask the bank for a loan to cover the expense, or even check with my wife to see if she will give me permission to spend the money.

I only have the one son, a veteran of the first Iraqi war, and while I did already seek his opinion, I don't have to worry that I am squandering his inheritance on something frivolous, like the supercharger. I have a few bucks left...

Sure, I buy my Mobil1 at Wal-Mart in a five-quart container because I can save a buck or two. I buy the K&N oil filters by the dozen to get a better price. Is that the sign of a cheap person? Spending over $60,000 for a Hummer H2 (with tax, tag and title) but trying to save a buck or two on oil and filters? Cheap? Hummmm.

Maybe you earned the money to buy your Hummer some other way. Me, I earned it legally, fair and square, and I believe that I have a healthy respect for the value of a DOLLAR. Heck, if you save up enough dollars --- you can even afford a H2 or even a supercharger for it.

Notice how many Lingenfelter H2's different folks on the forum have? If you pay close attention, you'll even see that many people have whipple chargers, MagnaChargers or other superchargers.... For you to then infer that these people are unwise seems pretty bold...

Hey Mac, maybe you could lend a good guy a few bucks for a supercharger?

Ed
Old 06-26-2003, 05:01 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

To lend you money to buy a supercharger will be like giving money to the homeless man to buy drug.

Aren't you glad that I called you "cheap, experienced, old and wise"? that gave you the opportunity to went on and on. I would think "cheap, experienced, old and wise" is a compliment by any standard, hallmarks of success, surely you'd agree. The reverse is "wasteful, inexperienced, young and stupid", which would you like? You haven't lived a full life not to appreciate being "cheap, experienced, old and wise".

Many other members have in the past 9 months said in plain and simple direct English that Supercharger is fraud, but not Mr. Niceguy like me. I certainly have my opinion but not directly expressed yet, when I do, you'll know for sure.
Prove me wrong, go buy a supercharger.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

"To lend you money to buy a supercharger will be like giving money to the homeless man to buy drug." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mac,

Now that Greenspan has dropped interest rates AGAIN, I figure that is a sign from above that it's time to get that supercharger...

Oh please, oh please, oh please reconsider that loan? I need a supercharger really bad, man! I think I might be suffering from withdrawal (of power).

Don't you dare call me "wasteful, inexperienced, young and stupid"! I am NOT ALL THAT YOUNG ANYMORE!!!

Heck, Mac, I feel bad now, since you explained everything for me --- all I have to say is thanks for calling me cheap... I think? Cheap doesn't seem like a very complimentary comment by "my" standards. But since you intended it to be a compliment, I'll say thanks. Shucks, I'll bet you're really cheap too!

As you accurately pointed out, I have a ways to go before I really begin to get a good feel for the H2, while you and many others here have had a considerably longer time to get to know yours... Which is exactly why this forum is so great. Literally, y'all are sharing your experiences with everyone else. Good and bad, rear end collisions included...

Seriously, I believe that people can legitimately decide that for themselves a supercharger would be a ridiculous and unneccesary modification. In your case, if you decide this, how could anyone say you're wrong? Everybody brings their own unique situation and requirements. But I really don't understand anyone who would call a supercharger a fraud. Sure, the coke-can, super-swirlling, Tornado deals are a scam and selling them seems bogus to me. But, a "real" supercharger is a supercharger. Where does the fraud come in? The power gains are real and measureable. Whether or not it is necessary to supercharge the Hummer is debateable... But, fraud? Nahhhh. This is of course, just my opinion, and since I seem to change my opinion about my need for a supercharger as often as I change my socks, I might disagree with MYSELF by tomorrow.

I plan on getting that supercharger, but not to prove anything. Hopefully it will IMPROVE something.

Ed

Putting everything into perspective is the hard part...
Old 06-26-2003, 01:15 PM

DiscoDancingRover is off the scale

Holy crap guys!!!! MAC just stop talking ok!!!! It seems you like to debate about garbage so just stop it!

Rover owner, with light envy...
Old 06-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 8MYROVER:
"I had the same problem with mine. First, took it to the dealer and them reprogram the computer. Still was not satisified, then I got the Predator programer and that solved everything, except really steep grades where at around 60-65mph it will kick down to a lower gear. It is the GM torque managment and changing it actually improved my gas mileage."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey 8-up, great info! Most encouraging to hear that the "problem" can be remedied!!! I never thought that the cruise control should never cause the transmission to downshift, and on steep hills it is of course "NORMAL" behavior... Depending upon one's deinition of steep though?

Anyhow, thanks for throwing in your most interesting experiences! I feel better already!

Hey Chris! Come on man, Mac is only debating... I am only debating... If you have gotten tired of our "garbage" I sincerely apologize for myself, but what's the harm?

Stop talking? Garbage? Awfully harsh criticism and when did Jason put you in charge? Although, any moderator would probably give both, Mac and I, a "time-out" penalty.

Understandably, I really like the way Jason has set this forum up and let's one ramble on and on... Maybe it isn't as much fun for the poor folks who have to read all of my incoherent ramblings?

Ed
Old 06-26-2003, 01:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

"I have no leak, no rust, no paint chips, no problem with cruise control or suspension or transmission, no rattle, no dirty look, trouble free turn key operation every happy day. I don't think I am the only one."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mac,

Oh shut up!

You keep posting stuff like that and we will HAVE to start calling you Mr. Rodgers...

Just a little bit too much "feely goody" for me, anyways. Maybe it's time to CUT way back on your Prozac? Check with your doctor first though!

Ed
Old 06-26-2003, 03:35 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Chris,
1- These talks are no less valuable than your talk of valet parking Corvette.
2- I don't read half or 1/3 of the posts, because I am not interetsed in those topics, but I don't barge in to stop them from talking.
3- I am sure many members glanced at these posts and moved on.
4- Every post is a contribution to the Hummer forum, if you don't believe me, take a look at H2Fanatic site and see how pathetic that site is.
5- Non-technical BS posts can generate far more responses that dry technical posts, and these are the posts which build and bond friendship, which is what glue us together. I certainly do not really need to know any more about tires and supercharger, I can be just as Hummer happy without ever visit this forum again.
6- Smart people disagree, idiots always agree. Disagreements and controversies stimulate the mind and livens up the forum.
7- The bottomline, the success of survival of this forum depend on the posts, more the better, whethere it is about you parking other people's fancy cars or how cheap Ed is.

Ed. just remember I tipped the valet $2 at the country club where the drink is $5-$7 + tip, and it was not my $2. Now try to beat me on that. Dare to give $1 valet tip?