H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-02-2012, 05:09 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Man, I am FUKKING PISSED

god damn it...did anyone save those conversion pics before he got pissed off and deleted them?
Old 01-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [__--MUD--__]
god damn it...did anyone save those conversion pics before he got pissed off and deleted them?

???
Old 01-02-2012, 06:54 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

in that conversion thread off dieselplace.... the front ifs, frame mods, etc...
Old 01-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by [__--MUD--__]
in that conversion thread off dieselplace.... the front ifs, frame mods, etc...

Sorry, didn’t catch that. There were like 3 or 4 pics that got removed. The guy cut out the entire radiator support and I thought it looked like crap. I didn’t say that because I thought “my stuff was better”, I said it because it looked like a hack job.

I said so and because he’s a vendor there, they got upset. I apologized for being a little harsh but it wasn’t an attack on the guy personally, I just didn’t like some of the work being done.

There was one idiot wouldn’t let anything go.. he went on and on. Even after I quit subscribing to the thread, he got into it with another member.

After that, the whole thread went to hell.

Here’s an example of what he posted....

I mean seriously, you cut the fan shroud to make it fit? That doesn’t look like a hack job? WTF was I suppose to say... “hey, nice job, I love the way you squared off the hole you cut into the fan shroud!!"

The part I don’t get is someone (vendor or not) posts some pics. Some people may not like what you post, some will. So when someone says something, like a bunch of children, they start attacking the person that says he doesn’t like them. WTF, grow up... if you’re not able to take criticism, then don’t post pics on the web.

The whole thing looked like that. Maybe I posted premature but he’s the one that put the pics up. I believe he has since then redone a bunch of it and made it fit.

Mark

Last edited by OrangeCrush : 01-02-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:36 AM
Hummer Professional

Metallic Red is on a distinguished road

Hey Mark... I love the finished product, your H2 Looks Awesome.
Just a Thought, there's no chance your door was damaged when it was in California is there??

HCMI Member 50043
Old 01-11-2012, 04:50 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallic Red
Hey Mark... I love the finished product, your H2 Looks Awesome.
Just a Thought, there's no chance your door was damaged when it was in California is there??

Thanks Red, much appreciated.

And no, in no uncertain circumstances was it damaged in CA. Travis is as anal as I am and I checked the truck over with a fine tooth comb when I got it back. (not to mention I just had a paintless dent removed from the same door a few weeks ago... being in the bodyshop business, I ALWAYS check my door as I approach it looking for dings)

Mark
Old 01-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Hummer Professional

iwillnc is on a distinguished road

Mark,

How much is the average cost to get someone to repair a door ding?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillnc
Mark,

How much is the average cost to get someone to repair a door ding?

Obviously depending on who's doing the work, the Dent Wizard around here charges 85-100 bucks per ding per panel.

My guy charges me about half of that.

I will say this.... I've been in the bodyshop business for almost 30 years. There is less than a handful of people that I allow to do PDR. Not every yahoo with a pic took can push a dent.

HTH's,

Mark
Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

pwrhse2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Sorry, didn?t catch that. There were like 3 or 4 pics that got removed. The guy cut out the entire radiator support and I thought it looked like crap. I didn?t say that because I thought ?my stuff was better?, I said it because it looked like a hack job.

I said so and because he?s a vendor there, they got upset. I apologized for being a little harsh but it wasn?t an attack on the guy personally, I just didn?t like some of the work being done.

There was one idiot wouldn?t let anything go.. he went on and on. Even after I quit subscribing to the thread, he got into it with another member.

After that, the whole thread went to hell.

Here?s an example of what he posted....

I mean seriously, you cut the fan shroud to make it fit? That doesn?t look like a hack job? WTF was I suppose to say... ?hey, nice job, I love the way you squared off the hole you cut into the fan shroud!!"

The part I don?t get is someone (vendor or not) posts some pics. Some people may not like what you post, some will. So when someone says something, like a bunch of children, they start attacking the person that says he doesn?t like them. WTF, grow up... if you?re not able to take criticism, then don?t post pics on the web.

The whole thing looked like that. Maybe I posted premature but he?s the one that put the pics up. I believe he has since then redone a bunch of it and made it fit.

Mark

Ha! I didn't know we had another H2 Forum member following the Diesel Place post. What a crock of BS! You should have seen the post prior to the moderators getting to it. That H2 is F'ed UP and like Mark, I quit following the thread. You can also catch some pics on the other H2 Forum where he posted the exact same thing from Diesel Place...http://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hu...2-birth-26411/
Old 01-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrhse2k
Ha! I didn't know we had another H2 Forum member following the Diesel Place post. What a crock of BS! You should have seen the post prior to the moderators getting to it. That H2 is F'ed UP and like Mark, I quit following the thread. You can also catch some pics on the other H2 Forum where he posted the exact same thing from Diesel Place...http://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hu...2-birth-26411/

Yeah, unfortunately, the guy doing the swap didn?t like my interjections. A bunch of the kiss his ass yahoo?s jumped in.

I?d like ONE, just one of those guys to say it would be okay to notch the fan shroud because the ac compressor sat too close. I saved a few of his pics there was more mickey mouse stuff on it.

I wasn?t trying to make mine sound better, I just thought it was horribly done but apparently you?re not suppose to say anything about one of their fearless vendors. **** them.

Mark
Old 01-12-2012, 03:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

pwrhse2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Yeah, unfortunately, the guy doing the swap didn?t like my interjections. A bunch of the kiss his ass yahoo?s jumped in.

I?d like ONE, just one of those guys to say it would be okay to notch the fan shroud because the ac compressor sat too close. I saved a few of his pics there was more mickey mouse stuff on it.

I wasn?t trying to make mine sound better, I just thought it was horribly done but apparently you?re not suppose to say anything about one of their fearless vendors. **** them.

Mark
You and I both know those were goons that have purchased converted Suburban?s from him in the past that came out out in droves!

Now that I look back, it was quite comical. It was pointless to continue pointing out the deficiencies in that H2 conversion when the forum moderators continued to protect him because he is a vendor. We ate his ass up prior to the post being ?cleaned up" by the moderators and he knows it. That post went from 18 pages to 9 because they removed our highlights! Travis even threw him a bone on the proper way to mod the cross member he royally F?ed up. Funny thing is, I hear he "supposedly" posted the wrong pics of his modified H2 cross member? pics he posted were from a Tahoe! LOL What a CROCK OF BS!