H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-09-2003, 06:54 PM

h2fan is off the scale

anyone have any info on the radix supercharger
Old 06-09-2003, 06:54 PM

h2fan is off the scale

anyone have any info on the radix supercharger
Old 06-09-2003, 09:11 PM

whipplecharged is off the scale

The radix supercharger by Magnacharger is a good kit and is intercooled.I have had customers run it on the dyno and have made good hp and they also run the Whipple on the dyno and made 36 more hp than the Magnacharger.

Overall the Mgnacharger is a good kit and everyone That I have talked to with one is happy with it.

But if your after an intercooler supercharger it is a good way to go. Whipple is also making an intercooler upgrade that you will be able to add to existing kit. It's supposed to be ready sometime this summer.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:18 PM

h2fan is off the scale

would that extra hp from the whipple come from some one who knew how to programe that unit better then the magnacharger i wanted the whipple but my tuner said he would rather go with the eaton/magnacharger with the intercooler so kinda of shopping for price seen them for around 5k
Old 06-10-2003, 12:07 AM

The vehicles were 2 different H2's both with the Xtremeflow exhaust and cold air intake. The only tuning difference was thay the Whipple Supercharged one had the Power Flash to take out the torque management. What is the best price you have found on either unit I might be able to get you a good deal on either unit. Whipple will have the intercooler later that you can add on.
Old 06-10-2003, 06:06 PM

h2fan is off the scale

4900.00 for the mag
Old 06-10-2003, 08:33 PM

h2fan is off the scale

4850 for the mag
Old 06-10-2003, 09:17 PM

I found it for $4700.00 plus shipping
Old 06-12-2003, 03:50 AM

h2fan,

Any better luck?

I found it for $4675.00 plus shipping
Old 06-12-2003, 08:40 PM

h2fan is off the scale

got a price installed for 6800.00 with there own programing. for the polished unit with new valve springs and 3/36 warrenty i know the installers will do it right. they have one of the best programers in the country. i have a z06 that they worked on
Old 06-13-2003, 12:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

TheGoodHummerMan is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by h2fan:
"got a price installed for 6800.00 with there own programing. for the polished unit with new valve springs and 3/36 warrenty i know the installers will do it right. they have one of the best programers in the country."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why new valve springs? Heard about pinning the crank, and transmission upgrades...

What about the $200 extended drive-train warranty from Magnuson. What does it involve and is it worth it?

Ed
Old 06-13-2003, 02:46 AM

h2fan,

Thats great. I'm not sure why valve springs. Sure its not rockers? Also, make sure on the programming. The Magnacharger comes with a flash programmer for their supercharger.

TW,

The warranty is worth the $200.00 if there i a prolem you won't have to eat it.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:19 PM

h2fan is off the scale

should have the magnacharger on by july4 thinking of exhaust system -- they are pushing the valve spring because of boost. should be cool with some extra hp
Old 06-18-2003, 12:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by h2fan:
"should have the magnacharger on by july4 thinking of exhaust system -- they are pushing the valve spring because of boost. should be cool with some extra hp" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good luck with the Magnacharger, will be interested to see how well you like it!

Pushing the new valve springs "because" of boost? Of course it is because of BOOST. That is what a supercharger does is boost the air/fuel mix... But, WHY does supercharging the engine require new (stronger?) valve springs --- is my question.

I would imagine that completely rebuilding the engine wouldn't hurt either? Stronger valves, rods, pistons, cranks, etc... Rebuilt, beefier transmission too? But tearing apart a brand new engine to beef it up seems just a little bit on the extreme side of sensible to my conservative values. As it is, $7,000 for the extra HP seems a wee bit expensive?

Cruising in my H2 at 75mph on the interstate, my tach reads about 2,250rpm when not pulling any trailers. Would a supercharger really be doing anything or just loafing along? I know, if I punch it and accelerate the supercharger will really make a big difference. But I rarely ever need to do that...

But, pulling a travel trailer? That would be quite helpful then? But, say I use my H2 10 days a trip, twice a year, for three years. Total of 60 days of towing. The supercharger cost would work out to average more than a hundred bucks a day for each days use when towing... Over a thousand bucks per travel trailer trip?

I can pull a travel trailer without a supercharger... but not as easily. Do people think it is worth that much money to be able to jerk that travel trailer along faster? I didn't include the cost of premium fuel over regular fuel either. About 13% more in fuel costs?

The more I think about it, the more I think I will just drive in the right-hand (slow poke) lane and take a couple hours longer each day to get to wherever I am going. Maybe spend the 7 grand for a nicer travel trailer instead of a supercharger?

Decisions, decisions!

Ed
Old 06-18-2003, 03:26 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

The only things in the 6.0 that are strong enough over time with a SC are the crank and rods. Better replace or rebuild everything else w/ heavy duty parts. Especially the trans.

I do not trailer for long distances, but I believe there have been posts about the poor towing ability of the H2. This is primarily due to wheelbase and height. Check it out...

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 06-18-2003, 04:19 AM

Remember, that with a supercharger you can get more HP and TORQUE out of the motor but also increase your fuel milage when towing. You will be using less throttle to do the same job as a n/a motor. You can get superchargers for less than $6800 no matter how conservative you are. There is always a good deal to be had.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenP:
"I do not trailer for long distances, but I believe there have been posts about the poor towing ability of the H2. This is primarily due to wheelbase and height. Check it out."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ken,

That would be like closing the door after the horse got out... A little too late for reports about poor towing ability. Before I bought the H2, word was that it would be good for towing.

Tearing apart brand new engines and transmissions to rebuild them isn't my idea of being sensible. Might as well install a supercharger and tear everything up before rebuilding it all? Plus, maybe if you don't use it for a drag racing machine, it might last for a while with stock engines and transmissions after being supercharged?

Or, maybe the "smart" thing to do is to do nothing...

Ed

"If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before."
Old 06-21-2003, 01:08 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

But Ed, maybe we don't want to leave it stock. Maybe the smart thing to us would be having my H2 pump out more power then my Z06, hows 1000HP sound? Heh, just kidding but just remember, to each his own.

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06
Old 06-21-2003, 02:43 PM

h2fan is off the scale

h2 goes in the shop next week let you guys know how it runs soon. will post dyno # before and after i don't think it would make more hp then my Z06
Old 06-21-2003, 02:46 PM

h2fan is off the scale

h2 goes in the shop next week will post dyno# don't think it would be more then my Z06