H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 12-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

31sonic is on a distinguished road
Default Marker Lite fix ?

Found this info on another site , is this the fix ?
Service Rep email to GM:

I have been receiving requests to resolve a vibration concern over several months from customers who have purchased the Hummer H3 with the roof-mounted marker lamp package, or from customers who installed the package before they were quarantined.

We have been anticipating a re-work of this unit (or the kit) as to eliminate the vibration and the last information states that this information may be available in November 2006. I understand that this was only a preliminary date, but can you provide any additional information - these customers are becoming somewhat unruly.

Reply back from GM:

The "revised" Service Repair Kit (P/N 19166037) (incl wedge, template, adhesive, i-sheet) is expected to be made ready for sale sometime this week. This repair kit can be used to (1) include with marker lamp packages currently being held in your inventory and (2) resolve wind noise issues on customer vehicles that have already had a marker lamp pkg installed.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marker Lite fix ?

Will it work with those of us who have the off road lights?

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 12-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

What about this?

Has anyone checked into this recently? I'm going to call my service rep tomorrow about this.

Worst case scenario, he will just put me off again.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Hummer Novice

HOKIE W/HUMMER is on a distinguished road

Looks like its true. I called my dealership today and got my name placed on list at #7. Service manager expected that I should be able to get my H3 marker lights installed with the new repair kit in 2-weeks.

A little disappointed that I had to call and place my name on a list. Guess they weren't being truthful each time I called during the last 6 months and they said a priority list was already in place for their customers.

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 12-19-2006, 01:04 AM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

If It means anything... the New marker lamps per GM Marketing guy on the phone are susposed to become available 1/08/07.

This item screwed me on an H3 order that was placed in Aug 1st 06. I waited 15 weeks and no H3 due to Marker Lamps. I will reorder my rig in January 07.

According to the guy from GM Marketing there waiting for final ENGINEERING APPROVAL....Before release. Now..This I was told was for the new re-designed Marker Lamps. Don't know anythig about a Retro kit.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Hummer Novice

HOKIE W/HUMMER is on a distinguished road

I got my "new" marker lights installed yesterday at Hummer Cincinnati. I don't know where that 1/8/07 date came from.

They had two new kits and 18 repair kits to fix the defective ones in inventory. Appears that the GM fix was actually an additional skeleton of plastic underneath the plastic cover to stiffen the structure. The new kits had the stiffer skeleton moulding into the one piece cover and the repair kits had an additional skelton piece that had to be installed with the older parts. I think this was a bit different solution than what everyone expected. Everyone (including the dealers) was expecting an additional gasket or seal to prevent wind from getting under the plastic cover.

I drove my H3 home on I-75 for about 2 hours at 75-80 mph. No wind noise that I can tell.

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)