H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/Feature...r04/30_f_e.asp
Old 01-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Hummer Guru

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/Feature...r04/30_f_e.asp
Old 01-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't know Canada had an Army. I just thought we took care of them. Those trucks are really for pulling their horse trailers.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

I must admit, as far as a Gwagon goes those are sweet.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 01-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

At least ther forest service will be driving H2's.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
At least ther forest service will be driving H2's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Shut it Mr. H3er.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:06 PM

Thai is off the scale

FYI for the original poster:

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/the-gwagens-a-beauty-...ored-merc-142901.php

Canadians suffer minor injuries in Afghan blast
CTV.ca News Staff

It was a close call for Canadian soldiers who escaped death Wednesday after a suspected suicide bomber blew up a truck packed with explosives near their patrol in Afghanistan.

Three soldiers from Edmonton were treated for superficial injuries, said Col. Steve Bowes, commander of the Canadian Provincial Reconstruction Team (PRT). There was some bruising, and one soldier received minor burns to his hands and the back of his neck.

"But they are all OK and they are back on duty," Bowes told CTV on Wednesday.

But a 10-year-old Afghan boy wasn't so lucky. He was killed along with the suicide attacker in the blast, which served to remind Canadian troops of the dangers facing them in the country.

The explosion occurred near an orphanage, about one kilometre outside of the city of Kandahar.

Bowes said it appears that the suspect vehicle made a short U-turn and then came back at the Canadian convoy and detonated.

"The investigation is ongoing but it looks like it was a suicide bombing."

Bowes said the irony is that Canadian troops enjoy a great deal of popular support in Kandahar.

"There is no part of this city where we cannot go. We simply need to be safe when we go there," he said.

"There is an extremist element and it's an element that you know will go to any ends to achieve their objectives."

Defence Minister Bill Graham recently warned that the move by Canadian troops from the more stable capital of Kabul to Kandahar -- widely known as a hotbed of militant activity -- could boost the odds of Canadian deaths and injuries.

Graham said from Ottawa Wednesday that he was relieved to hear the soldiers weren't seriously hurt.

"We're extremely cautious as we move into the Kandahar process," he said. "The chief of defence staff has assured me that we're taking all precautions to protect our troops, and I'm confident that we'll do that."

Graham said he was also pleased that lives may have been saved by the new light-armored vehicles the troops are using, called G-Wagons.

Despite the power of the blast, witnesses said the soldiers' G-Wagon was hardly damaged.

"I have renewed faith in the vehicles we're driving," Warrant Officer Mike Gauley said. He added the troops inspected the vehicle carefully for damage, but all they found was "a broken headlight."

The wagons were ordered after a landmine killed two Canadians travelling in a lighter Iltis jeep in October, 2003. But with the Taliban and al Qaeda blamed for a recent wave of suicide bombings, and with 1,000 more Canadians headed for combat in Afghanistan, the Opposition says the new vehicles aren't enough.

"The government basically committed our troops to fight guerillas in Afghanistan without making sure they had the equipment," said Ontario Conservative MP Gordon O'Connor.

Lieutenant-Colonel Wayne Eyre at the Edmonton Garrison said the names of the injured Canadian soldiers -- who are part of the 101-soldier Edmonton contingent -- won't be released.

They were part of a routine supply convoy bringing goods to Canada's provincial reconstruction team in Kandahar.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Hummer Guru

I guess I am the orginal poster...I hope you didn't think I was talking smack about your G-Wagon by posting it. I thought it was pretty wild seeing a "greened out" G-Wagon. All I see are black ones covered with more chrome than anything else.

About your cut-in-paste, I am happy to read that they are doing their jobs in saving lives *The G-wagon that is*
Old 01-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

That's how pathetic our government is...

The only reason they chose the G-Wagon is so they can be different than the US...
Give me an up armor humvee any day

P.S. Reports came out last year that the original order of G-Wagons that the Canadian Military ordered had floors that were heavily rusting (dangerously so)
Old 01-09-2006, 10:38 PM

Thai is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
I guess I am the orginal poster...I hope you didn't think I was talking smack about your G-Wagon by posting it. I thought it was pretty wild seeing a "greened out" G-Wagon. All I see are black ones covered with more chrome than anything else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense at all. I was just following up on your post with update about G-wagen's action in Afgan.

As for the mall crawlers...i sadly agree...too many bling-bling G's around.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
G-Wagon brings teh suck </div></BLOCKQUOTE> X2
Old 01-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
I didn't know Canada had an Army. I just thought we took care of them. Those trucks are really for pulling their horse trailers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're highly trained at repelling Eskimo attacks.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
I guess I am the orginal poster...I hope you didn't think I was talking smack about your G-Wagon by posting it. I thought it was pretty wild seeing a "greened out" G-Wagon. All I see are black ones covered with more chrome than anything else.

About your cut-in-paste, I am happy to read that they are doing their jobs in saving lives *The G-wagon that is* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thai for sure got all butt hurt about the perceived slight. He's got really thin skin but likes to talk big.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:54 PM

Thai is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Thai for sure got all butt hurt about the perceived slight. He's got really thin skin but likes to talk big. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, Drifty, be nice...i think that EVERYONE here knows how sensitive you and your boyfriends get.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thai:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Thai for sure got all butt hurt about the perceived slight. He's got really thin skin but likes to talk big. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, Drifty, be nice...i think that EVERYONE here knows how sensitive you and your boyfriends get. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're soooo going to regret piping up again.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
At least ther forest service will be driving H2's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Shut it Mr. H3er. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PHUK U 2'R.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Thai stop it. Flattery still won`t let you suck my wang.

Canada bought the fagwagons because they`re too scared of the heat associated with an American Icon.

As a Canadian General qouted, " What are we suppose to do with these?(Referring to the G wagons) Might as well attach a white flag to the antenna."

Even the Canadians are at a loss.

Dodge G Wagons totally bring teh ghey.

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-10-2006, 02:29 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:

As a Canadian General qouted, " What are we suppose to do with these?(Referring to the G wagons) Might as well attach a white flag to the antenna." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's what the French would do.