H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-18-2003, 07:10 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I owned my H2 for 13 months and did not have one negative comment here in L.A. Last week I traded it in on an H1 and sure enough while driving my 10 year old daughter home from gymnastics a guy in a VW jammed in front of me gave the the thumbs down and then proceeded to flip me off while slowing down. He then quickly swithched lanes to an exit ramp (little puss thought I was going to give chase) and STOPPED at the exit to flip me off more and call me names. This is unfn believable! How pathetic some Americans are to drive around in their non american vw's while I am driving a 100% american made vehicle and feel the need to flip me off with my daughter and drive wrecklessly. No I didn't get his license and no I did not give chase because of my daughter. I am confident it will happen one time when I am alone and that will be it. Next time I'm following until they stop and we'll have a little conversation.

I know this is an old subject but this is my first negative experience.
Old 10-18-2003, 07:10 PM
Hummer Expert

I owned my H2 for 13 months and did not have one negative comment here in L.A. Last week I traded it in on an H1 and sure enough while driving my 10 year old daughter home from gymnastics a guy in a VW jammed in front of me gave the the thumbs down and then proceeded to flip me off while slowing down. He then quickly swithched lanes to an exit ramp (little puss thought I was going to give chase) and STOPPED at the exit to flip me off more and call me names. This is unfn believable! How pathetic some Americans are to drive around in their non american vw's while I am driving a 100% american made vehicle and feel the need to flip me off with my daughter and drive wrecklessly. No I didn't get his license and no I did not give chase because of my daughter. I am confident it will happen one time when I am alone and that will be it. Next time I'm following until they stop and we'll have a little conversation.

I know this is an old subject but this is my first negative experience.
Old 10-18-2003, 07:19 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I was wondering how you were going to tell the forum that you've moved into an H1....

Take some advice that Heehaw gave to all of us long ago: The best thing you can do is to actually point directly at them and LAUGH. Laugh hard, laugh long and express as much amusement as you possibly can. This will infuriate them to no end.

There will now be those who will speculate...pehaps he was jealous, perhaps he needed to feel that he's doing his part to fight the power...or perhaps he's trying to live upto some kind of hippy image.

If ya want to get them really upset, laugh your ass off at 'em, and adding the pointing finger seems to add a degree of intensity. Don't flip them off or let them see that they gotten to you!!!! Just laugh, point and look like your about to die of laughter!
Old 10-18-2003, 07:25 PM
Hummer Expert

I was fearful of being shunned or kicked off the board

Probably good advice. My first reaction is to flip them back but that is really stupid because, you're right that's what they want. I'll try the laughing gig next time and see how that goes. The funny thing is this guy really kept his distance so I didn't have a chance to do anything.
Old 10-18-2003, 07:41 PM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I like to blow them a kiss. It makes them mad as hell! and I allways get the last laugh on them because there driving away mad.
Old 10-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Hummer Expert

That's funny, I'll give that one a try too!
Old 10-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Hummer Expert

It's true, I should be flipped off for many reasons but this one made me mad especially with my daughter in the car. I'm a control freak so I felt like my hands were tied with her in there. I will try the laughing thing if it happens again.

I plan to post pics but felt funny placing them in the other off road vehicle section. This is a Hummer site and you're probably right it would make more sense for it to be Hummer source with the new H3, SUT, H1 and whatever else they dream up coming out. All Hummers are cool!
Old 10-18-2003, 10:41 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Buckeye,

I thinking about the H1 also.

Steve is right, laughing just drives them 100 times mad .

A fudge packer in a VW(weird!) also flipped me off. All I did was laugh and point. He almost blew a gasket! The more pissed he got, the more I laughed to the point were I didn`t have to try.

The cops pulled him over after he started trimming my side. I honked and waved good-bye.

Laughing I found was the best weapon by far.

"A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words."

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-18-2003, 10:46 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

I agree.. you do best by laughing it off no matter how bad you want to rip them a new one.. I have been driving my new H2 apprx 6 months now. I have only had 2 occasions that someone took exception to the beast.. They cut me off then flipped me off.. I have a small advantage over you. The 1st time I laughed it off because the family was with me.. The second time after 3-4 minutes of the BS I simply turned on the Red and BLues with the loud siren and pulled them over.. You can imagine the look on their face when they realized they were playing hard --- with the Law.. It was a fun 10 minutes while all three young people assumed the postion. Did help you any.. other then I got some justice for all harrassed Hummer owners.

So stay calm.. the next time it happens.. remember what I did and smile your way home.

Mike
Old 10-18-2003, 11:30 PM

crash is off the scale

Boy, thats JUST plathetic, and the guy was probably a tree hugger What I have found when I have my rig on the trailer, just smile and wave, I think that is about the best response....

certified H2 tech.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Gosh guys, I guess I am lucky aout here on the "right" coast. Only happened twice. I think I simply scared them both into doing something childish.
I agree, the laugh is the best thing to do. Oh yeah, I like to point a them for effect.

You can always give your passenger a fake steering wheel. http://www.humvee.net/video/2wheel.mpg
Thanks to Buddy for posting it.

Black Lingenfelter Lux

[This message was edited by KenP on 10-18-03 at 07:33 PM.]
Old 10-19-2003, 01:09 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Yeah....it's a funny thing:

If you flip them off, scream at them, curse at them, do whatever you want nasty....you'll still find yourself upset and angry just the same. I had a guy give me the thumbs-down and a disgusted look...I unleashed my verbal fury and gave him heck...I even squeezed him on his lane...but I still drove away upset about the matter.

Another time I just laughed and pointed. Not only did he get absolutely FURIOUS, but I can still get a warm fuzzy feeling when I think about it. Ya just gotta laugh!

Uh....er....on that note, I have to come clean an announce my intentions of picking up an H1 for myself as well. I promise...it won't change me though!
Old 10-19-2003, 01:13 AM
Circuitguy

Oh I would have loved to be there! A hummer H2 with red and blue lights flashing! Did they say much? Did they talk any sh?t? Oh boy! You have to tell us more!! BIG-C

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centerfire:
I agree.. you do best by laughing it off no matter how bad you want to rip them a new one.. I have been driving my new H2 apprx 6 months now. I have only had 2 occasions that someone took exception to the beast.. They cut me off then flipped me off.. I have a small advantage over you. The 1st time I laughed it off because the family was with me.. The second time after 3-4 minutes of the BS I simply turned on the Red and BLues with the loud siren and pulled them over.. You can imagine the look on their face when they realized they were playing hard --- with the Law.. It was a fun 10 minutes while all three young people assumed the postion. Did help you any.. other then I got some justice for all harrassed Hummer owners.

So stay calm.. the next time it happens.. remember what I did and smile your way home.

Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
</a>
Old 10-19-2003, 01:26 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenP:
Gosh guys, I guess I am lucky aout here on the "right" coast. Only happened twice. I think I simply scared them both into doing something childish.
I agree, the laugh is the best thing to do. Oh yeah, I like to point a them for effect.

You can always give your passenger a fake steering wheel. http://www.humvee.net/video/2wheel.mpg
Thanks to Buddy for posting it.

Black Lingenfelter Lux

[This message was edited by KenP on 10-18-03 at 07:33 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMAO!!! I`m on the verge of puking it`s so funny! Ahhhh. gotta change my undies.

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-19-2003, 01:38 AM

JJ is off the scale

Yep, I have to agree with the "blow them a kiss" crowd. Works everytime, most of them don't know what to do so they just keep on driving. I don't think I would ever stop and confront one of these nutcases, you never know what they might do. Oh, I've tried the peace sign, only rotated to the left my 90 degrees (I've seen some H2 owners use at an H2 ownership sign) - that really perplexes the hippy crowd.

JJ
Old 10-19-2003, 02:01 AM

h2h8r is off the scale

hey buckeye hummer.....that is hilarious. Thumbs up to the gas saving vw guy.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:05 AM

h2h8r is off the scale

oh...how this is just freakin funny. all u h2 owners so sry for u. i'll be laughin while i drive by the gas pump and ur sittin still filling up the brick.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

h2h8r,

After you've checked my tires, polish my knob. You little fudge packer you.

My Video Collectionez