H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > General H1 Discussion

Old 02-07-2004, 01:03 PM

cinci is off the scale

Mac,

What happened to the test drive

Thanks,
David
Black H2
Green 97.5 H1 Wagon
Old 02-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

Axleman is off the scale

Buck,
I'm not talking about body damage. But broken halfshafts, worn out idlers, etc., yes they will warranty those things, even when used off road, as long as you aren't running oversize tires or have made alterations that will affect these things. Go to a Hummer Club event sometime. AMG will have a parts trailer there and factory techs and they do replace things under warranty with full knowledge of how the vehicle was used that day.

Scot Smith
1994 HMC4, Locked
"They're right, Wider IS Better..."
Southern Axle & SteeringRemanufactured Driveline & Steering Parts for Hummers

Steering, Driveline & other Hummer Stuff
Old 02-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Axle,

THAT is really good to know. I had no idea they would replace a halfshaft etc. (I knew you weren't talking about body damage). I'll have to talk to Mike over at Cerritos and see what he says.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jason
Old 02-08-2004, 12:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

JSA_3 is off the scale

All good to know.

I've heard tales that on the early ones (maybe the 1st year in production for the public?) they would send a helicopter out to pick it up if you broke down out in the middle of no where. Anyone out there know if this is true? Or is this service reserved for the enlisted?

Originally posted from Arizona Hummerboy
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My question is does the H1 cost alot to keep it up and running with maintence?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I understand, if you get behind and don't keep up with the little things, it can get ugly. Maybe certain years are worse than others, but I'm in the learning curve right now and am far from knowledgable.

What I can say is I've had mine for 3mo now, and drive it daily, off road moderately, and totally love it. There are still things about the H2 that I like and miss, but for now the H1 has the scale tipped.

John

----------
'02 HMCO
Old 10-29-2005, 05:27 PM

LAWDOG is off the scale

The H1 is a blast to drive after a few days 5'' wider is not bid deal, yes it's noisy, big and somtimes in trafic a little odor, but what the hell,, it's a hummer that you pilot and dont drive! , as far as the kids go just have your wife and kids follow you in the Benz
Old 12-25-2005, 03:27 AM

Thai is off the scale

Well, if you want something cheaper (1/2 price), but with some appeal, then why not consider the Mercedes G500?? It does not have the WOW factor of a H1...but it also attracts less attention from environmental snobs.

G500 is a smaller package (width-wise), more family friendly, more upscale inside, and pretty capable off-road (full lockers standard, SA's). It also has all the new technological safety nannies (stability control, 4-wheel traction control)...and all of these turn OFF when you lock the center differential (including ABS). It is hand-made, military-spec steel thickness, and as durable as H1.

But, with G500, you do lose the WOW factor, tremendous ground clearance, amazing off-road ability in open areas, and a really diesel engine (esp. Alpha). Damn, i am really jealous of the Alpha's diesel!
Old 12-26-2005, 04:08 AM

4churchill is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thai:
Well, if you want something cheaper (1/2 price), but with some appeal, then why not consider the Mercedes G500?? It does not have the WOW factor of a H1...but it also attracts less attention from environmental snobs.

G500 is a smaller package (width-wise), more family friendly, more upscale inside, and pretty capable off-road (full lockers standard, SA's). It also has all the new technological safety nannies (stability control, 4-wheel traction control)...and all of these turn OFF when you lock the center differential (including ABS). It is hand-made, military-spec steel thickness, and as durable as H1.

But, with G500, you do lose the WOW factor, tremendous ground clearance, amazing off-road ability in open areas, and a really diesel engine (esp. Alpha). Damn, i am really jealous of the Alpha's diesel! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a quick question...why would you list the Corolla in your sig?

The G5 is bad ass, I would have left it at that!

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 12-26-2005, 11:03 AM

Thai is off the scale

Hey...Corolla is an excellent econobox. I list it so that the environmental freaks will look kindly on me!
Old 12-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thai:

But, with G500, you do lose the WOW factor, tremendous ground clearance, amazing off-road ability in open areas, and a really diesel engine (esp. Alpha). Damn, i am really jealous of the Alpha's diesel! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The enviro-nazis didn't receive programming for that vehicle. And the G-Wagens suck off-road. I don't know of a single person that ever wheels theirs.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:45 PM

Thai is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
The enviro-nazis didn't receive programming for that vehicle. And the G-Wagens suck off-road. I don't know of a single person that ever wheels theirs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, you're talking to one. You'll try being smarter next time, OK?? Promise?

H2 is just amazing off-road. That's a true Hummer, alright! Chevy makes great off-roaders these days, don't they? They are just out of this world. Nothing like it...except for Chevys, Caddys, and GMCs. But, who's counting?!

Sensitive, huh? You're more so than my girlfriend! You need some happy pills!

I will leave you pondering this post...OK? And i will try being nicer next time.

Nice thread....
Old 12-27-2005, 01:25 AM

4churchill is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
The enviro-nazis didn't receive programming for that vehicle. And the G-Wagens suck off-road. I don't know of a single person that ever wheels theirs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice thread.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know what you just opened?

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 12-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Hummer Messiah

H2 is just amazing off-road. That's a true Hummer, alright! Chevy makes great off-roaders these days, don't they? They are just out of this world. Nothing like it...except for Chevys, Caddys, and GMCs. But, who's counting?!

Sensitive, huh? You're more so than my girlfriend! You need some happy pills!

I will leave you pondering this post...OK? And i will try being nicer next time.

Nice thread.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why don't you bring your POS to Moab and we'll play "I go, you go" and see which rig is better. I'd be amazed if you made it there.

In the meantime, why don't you post some pics of your rig's incredible wheeling prowess. So far I'm less than impressed with the MB cat boxes.

BTW, your screen name is phonetically similar to the Indonesian word for shi<span class="ev_code_BLACK">t</span>. Did you know that?
Old 12-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Hummer Messiah

And does the screen name "saigonsmuggler" mean you're bone smuggler? Do you hide them in your bad place?

Those "wheeling" pics are LAME!!!! I've been on unimproved roads that are more challenging.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1219423&posts=6
Old 12-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

Don't take me wrong - I'd still welcome you out wheeling. And I can appreciate you attempting to stick up for your vehicle. But don't hurt yourself crowing about how great those GWagens are off-road. And the first time you got attitude on the trail you'd get ditched. We would keep an accurate count and a complete video diary of every time you needed winching.

I still can't believe you almost rolled on that wussy little side slope. I didn't even get fidgety looking at it. You're not much for picking lines, are you?
Old 12-27-2005, 08:10 PM

Thai is off the scale

Don't take me wrong - I'd still welcome you out wheeling. And I can appreciate you attempting to stick up for your vehicle. But don't hurt yourself crowing about how great those GWagens are off-road. And the first time you got attitude on the trail you'd get ditched. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh...did i hit a sensitive bone?? Take that pipe out of your arse and calm down. Geez...it's not like i called your truck a "Tahoe on heels"! Chill out, man.

I posted in this thread just to give the guy another reasonable option. I did not insult your precious Chevy...oooppss, NOW, i have insulted your truck. Now, you can bitch and throw a tantrum! But, please don't tell your mommy, OK?!

Attitude?? Dude, look in the fukking mirror. Read what you just wrote! Silly childish insults. GROW UP. Is that the best that you can come up with?? Making fun of people's name...ooohhh, H2 owners...no wonder you guys get the bad rap. You're the poster child for H2 arrogance.

If you are anything like you are on this forum, then you're one pathetic lonely off-roader.

BTW, my brother is trading in his Discovery for something...i am pushing toward H3. Drfty, i am glad that i did not recommend H2 considering the horse's arse owners like you. Geez.

Oh yeah, i am glad that you "found" me. Now, you know it...i do take my truck off-road. I welcome you to Generalsams.com anyday. In fact, i did run into a group of H2 owners...nice people. Now, that i think about it, you are probably the exception to the rule for H2 owners. Congrats on being a jackass over the net.

I serously hope that you're cooler outside the net than within it.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:14 PM

Thai is off the scale

If you want more info about the place, then visit:

http://generalsams.com/

Pretty good place.

BTW, Drfty, i am happy that you have never taken the wrong line before. You must be a great off-roader...wish i could be more like you? Oh wait, i am already passed the phallic stage of development. Nevermind.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Hummer Messiah

Don't take me wrong - I'd still welcome you out wheeling. And I can appreciate you attempting to stick up for your vehicle. But don't hurt yourself crowing about how great those GWagens are off-road. And the first time you got attitude on the trail you'd get ditched. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh...did i hit a sensitive bone??<span class="ev_code_RED">No, were you trying to touch my bone? I'm not on that team. Maybe BABHUMV can help you. He's DEFINITELY on that team.</span> Take that pipe out of your arse and calm down.<span class="ev_code_RED">I knew you were into rectums, you saigonsmuggling skin flute-player.</span> Geez...it's not like i called your truck a Tahoe on heels! <span class="ev_code_RED">Ouch. Haven't heard that witty comeback for awhile.</span> Chill out, man.

I posted in this thread just to give the guy another reasonable option.<span class="ev_code_RED">You're high, right? Comparing the H1 to a Gwagen is like comparing an H1 to a minivan.</span> I did not insult your precious Chevy...oooppss, NOW, i have insulted your truck. Now, you can bitch and throw a tantrum!<span class="ev_code_RED">Again, ouch.</span> But, please don't tell your mommy, OK?! <span class="ev_code_RED">I take it you're NOT a comedic writer.</span>

Attitude?? Dude, look in the fukking mirror. <span class="ev_code_RED">What's the matter? Can't spell fu.ck?</span> Read what you just wrote!<span class="ev_code_RED">I did right before I hit "PostNow".</span> Silly childish insults.<span class="ev_code_RED">Those weren't insults. If I were insulting you you'd know it.</span> GROW UP.<span class="ev_code_RED">You must really mean that with all caps.</span> Is that the best that you can come up with?? <span class="ev_code_RED">No. Why? Want some?</span> Making fun of people's name...ooohhh<span class="ev_code_RED">It's just that considering the child prostitution rings in Thailand and the prevalence of child smuggling rings I would have thought you'd be a little smarter than to use a screen name like that. Nobody has ever accused you of being bright I take it.</span>, H2 owners...no wonder you guys get the bad rap. You're the poster child for H2 arrogance.<span class="ev_code_RED">And you're the poster child for using a condom when sticking your dick in a spinning Vietnamese fu.ck chair.</span>

If you are anything like you are on this forum, then you're one pathetic lonely off-roader.<span class="ev_code_RED"> At least I'm taller than you and I stand up to pee.</span>

BTW, my brother<span class="ev_code_RED"> Did he come from the same spinning chair place?</span> is trading in his Discovery for something...i am pushing<span class="ev_code_RED">From behind? That's ghey.</span> toward H3. Drfty<span class="ev_code_RED">It's DRTY. Learn it. Live it. Love it.</span>, i am glad that i did not recommend H2 considering the horse's arse owners like you.<span class="ev_code_RED">Ahhhhh. Now my feeling is hurt.</span> Geez.<span class="ev_code_RED">Oh, stop. Now I won't be able to sleep.</span>

Oh yeah, i am glad that you "found" me. Now, you know it...i do take my truck off-road. I welcome you to Generalsams.com anyday. In fact, i did run into a group of H2 owners...nice people. Now, that i think about it, you are probably the exception to the rule for H2 owners. Congrats on being a jackass over the net. <span class="ev_code_RED">Thank you. I work hard on my e-rep.</span>

I serously hope that you're cooler outside the net than within it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_RED">To be consistent I try to be a rotten prick everywhere.</span>
Old 12-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Hummer Messiah

If you want more info about the place, then visit:
http://generalsams.com/]http://generalsams.com

Pretty good place.

BTW, Drfty, i am happy that you have never taken the wrong line before. You must be a great off-roader...wish i could be more like you? Oh wait, i am already passed the phallic stage of development. Nevermind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a weeeeiiird link. You and BABHUMV would definitely get along.
Don't kid yourself - you're fixated on wang. If you're nice I'll let you drink my used beer directly from the source.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Hummer Messiah

And the thing about your screen name being phonetically similar to the Indonesian word for shi<span class="ev_code_BLACK">t</span> is true. Really.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:31 PM

Thai is off the scale

You must be trying really hard to get back at me...it sure looks like it. It's like a kid trying to make up for being mentally retarded. It's sad and funny at the same time. You can't even put an insult together to make sense.

Did you get bitchslap too hard by an asian kid when you were growing up?? Oh wait, did Sewell Hummer rape you like a little two ******* biatch??! That explains everything! Hahahahaha