H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-27-2002, 01:15 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Anyone hear of or have experience with putting in a second sun roof over the back seats? One of the members came across this option at the dealer and I wondered if this is something the dealer arranges privately (I don't think it's a GM option) and what experience people have had.

Also, for those who have been following the H2 while in development, do you remember the HUUUUGE sunroof that was proposed. It literally went from across the front seats to the back seats and was about 6' x 8'. It had some kind of roll back or soft top material but they changed it when finalizing the production model. That would have been very cool.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:15 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Anyone hear of or have experience with putting in a second sun roof over the back seats? One of the members came across this option at the dealer and I wondered if this is something the dealer arranges privately (I don't think it's a GM option) and what experience people have had.

Also, for those who have been following the H2 while in development, do you remember the HUUUUGE sunroof that was proposed. It literally went from across the front seats to the back seats and was about 6' x 8'. It had some kind of roll back or soft top material but they changed it when finalizing the production model. That would have been very cool.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:01 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I would be very interested in the 2nd sunroof if it is proven to be good quality. I have no sunroof by choice, mainly because we liked the roof console, my wife doesn't want to get tan and we have not use our current sunroof for a long time. The 2nd sunroof should brightens up and make the back section look roomier, our teen boys in the back should love it, they are the only ones who wanted a sunroof. There is a lot of rain on the East side of Hawaii island, let's see how's Shea's 2nd sunroof work out.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:17 AM

sheag is off the scale

So what, I'm like the guinea pig here?! I think they should pay *me* to get the second sunroof and then I can sell it to everybody else just by driving my H2 around. Yeah, that's it...:-)

OT Mac, yeah, I was a lawyer for about 30 seconds (ok, a little bit longer than that) some years ago fresh out of law school, but then I did the right thing and quit and became a scuba instructor/travel writer. A lot less stress, but sadly I guess certain aspects of my lawyer-personality are more ingrained than any mere job title can fix. But I'm working on it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] And yes, I have been away from Hawai'i too long (6 months) and it's showing. Only 25 more days. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Oh, so back on topic, the dealer quote on the second sunroof is $1200 installed. I think it's the same one they install in the front, which is two inches smaller all the way around than the factory-installed roof they put in front. I have to find out where they put the buttons for the second sunroof. They showed me Polaroids of it and it looked great. I'm hoping there will be one on the lot when I go on Sunday so I can see it in person. And by the way, the Hummer I test drove had both the sunroof and the roof off-road lights, and the bar with the lights really hindered IMO the look and use of the sunroof. I'm going to pop those suckers off of there for every day use. In fact, I'm honestly wondering if I need them at all, the vast majority of my offroading will be during the day and for night, I think the grille-mounted lights are more than sufficient and I can leave those on all the time.

Shea
Old 11-27-2002, 10:34 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

There is talk about the fully retractable roof Zazing mentioned as an option in the SUT when released in Spring 2004.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:30 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Sure, Shea, you can count on me, I will pay for your 2nd sunroof, and new tires. Can you please send me you full name, address, social security numbers, bank account data and at least one of your primary credit card numbers, I can transfer money into your account. I will send you one set of fuzzy dices as gifts too.

Hang loose. I do business and have lunch with people who just insulted me or stabbed me in the back, with knives still on my back, and they will do the same and know that I will stab them in the back the moment they turn their back on me. What are friends for? I sit on several corporate boards, some are vanilla nice and some are shout-until-you-win type, the more attacks one can take with a smile and still throw knock out punches back get most respect and power. You know what, I actually enjoy the tough ones a lot more, I feel refreshed and challenged. The ones everyone is nice and agree with the boss are the ones I hate, a waste of my time, my brain felt empty.

Shea, dump whatever you do not need to buy, you can add all those stuffs later. I have lots of extra stuffs in my Hummer, most are waste of money, but I thought they are important when I ordered them. My mother-in-law always says “When you have money, you can buy anything anytime.”