H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 12-13-2005, 03:47 PM

Ricky is off the scale

This was built by Rough Country Suspension out of dyersburg,TN they bought this truck new to build the lift for it, in the first picture the guy on the left is the one who designs and builds the lifts, the one on the right is the one who sells them.. Two REALLY nice guys and the kit is very well made, it is a 5" lift with 37's all the way around, truck looks incredible.. the kit is 100% bolt on and ALL THE FACTORY accesories will work with it, he said he wanted everything to still work and it does! AWESOME job by these guys if i ever lift a truck i will be getting it from them! lemme know what you think or any questions me or bbyhmr can answer them

The truck CLEARED THE H1 side of out track!! the H2's cant even make it over that!!!

CHRIS's (bbyhmr) H3 on 35's

Old 12-13-2005, 03:47 PM

Ricky is off the scale

This was built by Rough Country Suspension out of dyersburg,TN they bought this truck new to build the lift for it, in the first picture the guy on the left is the one who designs and builds the lifts, the one on the right is the one who sells them.. Two REALLY nice guys and the kit is very well made, it is a 5" lift with 37's all the way around, truck looks incredible.. the kit is 100% bolt on and ALL THE FACTORY accesories will work with it, he said he wanted everything to still work and it does! AWESOME job by these guys if i ever lift a truck i will be getting it from them! lemme know what you think or any questions me or bbyhmr can answer them

The truck CLEARED THE H1 side of out track!! the H2's cant even make it over that!!!

CHRIS's (bbyhmr) H3 on 35's

Old 12-13-2005, 03:48 PM

Ricky is off the scale

more:

FULLY TUCKED ON 37'S!!!

Chris (bbyhmr) H3 on 35's

Old 12-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

Very nice work indeed. I like the lift, but I'm far more interested in the winch and the mount.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:44 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

That lift looks great and I love the fact that I can keep the fatory wheels, that is the look that I want for my H3!!

Can you please let us know more details? (price, installation, etc.) or at least a number or email address that we could use to get more information?

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man that looks great how do you think it would look with 35's ? Do you think there would be too much room in wheel wells with 35's .
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 12-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Great pics guys.

Questions/ cocerns.

1st I just want to say it looks great!

1) What parts come with the kit?

2) my concern is the factory rim width of 7.5" and 12.50 wide tire. i though you had to run at least a 8" wide rim to run a 12.50 wide tire. ???

3) What do you use for shocks?

4) How does it ride vs stock?

5) Did those 37's hit the fenderwells or airdam in the front?

6) How did Chirs fit the 35's on his truck without lifting it? How much do they stuff into the fender wells?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

Mike B is off the scale

I didn't think the I-5 could turn tires that large without taxing the engine too much. But damn it looks nice.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:27 PM

Ricky is off the scale

Chris fit 35's stock.. they all will.. they DO NOT rub. the 37's tuck all the way and BARELY rub.. yeah factory wheels, ride fine its driven every day.. THE KIT IS COMPLETELY BOLT ON no cutting or fab work atol, ALL the factory hummer stuff fit no prob he designed it to be compatable with everything. skid plates, steps, brushguard etc etc etc
Old 12-13-2005, 08:27 PM

Ricky is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NEOCON1:
Man that looks great how do you think it would look with 35's ? Do you think there would be too much room in wheel wells with 35's . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

might look a lil small but prolly still look good!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:29 PM

crop000s is off the scale

Two questions, Where do I get it and how much? That looks sweet!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crop000s:
Two questions, Where do I get it and how much? That looks sweet! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO! You're just as bad as me.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:00 PM

Ricky is off the scale

http://www.roughcountry.com/
Old 12-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

A couple of concerns, how does it affect the get-up-and go? How does it affect side hilling? How does it affect handling in the twisties. I live in the mountains, going from a Mini S to the Hummer has been a hard adjustment. I drive straight up the mountains every day, how's the I-5 do with that much tire?

Awesome package!
Old 12-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

Anonymous is off the scale

That looks great. I really got interested in that kit from the other thread and did some checking on their website last night but they still don't have any information on it. I'd love something like that with 35s on mine. The power issue has me a little concerned with anything bigger than that.

Class winner 1996 Parker 400, Laughlin Desert Challenge, Baja 500...I\'ve never been to the mall!
Old 12-14-2005, 12:39 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2) my concern is the factory rim width of 7.5" and 12.50 wide tire. i though you had to run at least a 8" wide rim to run a 12.50 wide tire. ??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I thought. But it appears to be fine. Tell us how you fudged that 1/2" !!!!

Oh, and I'm sold.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:04 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I forgot a question, what about that winch mount? Is it removable? (no need to run around with the winch all the time when I don't need it)
Old 12-14-2005, 01:35 AM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2) my concern is the factory rim width of 7.5" and 12.50 wide tire. i though you had to run at least a 8" wide rim to run a 12.50 wide tire. ??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I thought. But it appears to be fine. Tell us how you fudged that 1/2" !!!!

Oh, and I'm sold. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I looked for about 3 weeks straight before I purchased my 35s and I belive that Procomp and Mickey Thompson are the only 2 companies that carry a 35" tire(at that time) in 16s that you can buy that will fit the stock width I had to go with a 315/75/16. That way I didn't have to take any chances with the tire rim being to narrow. I have even had them all the way down to 15lbs for trail riding and no problems at all with the trying to seperate from the rim.
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-14-2005, 01:38 AM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crop000s:
Two questions, Where do I get it and how much? That looks sweet! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The kit which includes everything you need including the shocks will cost you $1999. For more information contact Davy Lee Regional Sales Manager dlee@roughcountry.com or call at 731-228-4468 or toll free 800-222-7023
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-14-2005, 01:41 AM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NEOCON1:
Man that looks great how do you think it would look with 35's ? Do you think there would be too much room in wheel wells with 35's . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am going to run the 35s on mmine with the lift, I think it will look great, should have way more flex than you could want and wont tax the motor that much at all.
35\" ProComp Xterrain